Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I really like this WR crop...

I really like this WR crop...

every single one of the top 6 or 7 guys brings something interesting to the table and I can't see a team going wrong with any of them, there are even some mid round gems who can make an impact almost right away.

1) Crabtree- Nevermind that he's only 6.1 and change and that he probably won't run better than 4.6 for you, he will start from day one and be productive right away.

2) Maclin- Very explosive jack of all trades who can start out by returning kicks and punts and then go from there.

3) HeyBey- The one with the most upside, he may turn out to be the best of the bunch in two or three years.

4) Nicks- May be the most NFL ready of all the guys above including Crabtree. Throw the 40 time out the window this cat can play.

5) Harvin- Can do everything Maclin can and then some, not sure where to play him at first, maybe he's a better RB in the end, but there's no doubting his gamebreaking potential.

6) Britt- Big, tough, good hands and surprisingly fast, the most productive WR in this class.

7) Robiskie- His game is very polished, big, fast and very nimble. He's flying under the radar but I think will be a very good player at the next level.

And then there are a few others too, but especially these two:

Brandon Tate- Before he went down he was recognized by many as Carolina's best WR... not Nicks. He is a big play waiting to happen and is very versatile in that he return punts, kicks as well as run like a RB on reverses as wel as being a deep threat... The team that takes him in the mid rounds will be very lucky provided he comes back 100%

Jarrett Dillard- The kid from Rice reminds me an awful lot of Marvin Harrison, same type of build, same type of route running skills, maybe not as fast in a straight line but I don't think Marvin was jumping 42 inches coming out of Syracuse either. In close quarters nobody can stay with this jitter bug. Teams that pass on him will pay dearly later on, oh yes he's one of types that will go on to have a hall of fame career and the size and weight won't matter and I'm here to tell you all ahead of time.
    Edit/Delete Message

All Pro
    I'm on board with any of these at #17:

Maclin
    DHB
    Harvin
    Maybe even Britt

Best WR crop in quite some time, IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm excited that if we do pick one in Round 1(maybe Round 2, too) that, the player can produce THIS YEAR. Chances are against that player, but this WR class is definetly talented..

[QUOTE=Slikmojet;3037913]every single one of the top 6 or 7 guys brings something interesting to the table and I can't see a team going wrong with any of them, there are even some mid round gems who can make an impact almost right away.

1) Crabtree- Nevermind that he's only 6.1 and change and that he probably won't run better than 4.6 for you, he will start from day one and be productive right away.

2) Maclin- Very explosive jack of all trades who can start out by returning kicks and punts and then go from there.

3) HeyBey- The one with the most upside, he may turn out to be the best of the bunch in two or three years.

4) Nicks- May be the most NFL ready of all the guys above including Crabtree. Throw the 40 time out the window this cat can play.

5) Harvin- Can do everything Maclin can and then some, not sure where to play him at first, maybe he's a better RB in the end, but there's no doubting his gamebreaking potential.

6) Britt- Big, tough, good hands and surprisingly fast, the most productive WR in this class.

7) Robiskie- His game is very polished, big, fast and very nimble. He's flying under the radar but I think will be a very good player at the next level.

Brandon Tate- Before he went down he was recognized by many as Carolina's best WR... not Nicks. He is a big play waiting to happen and is very versatile in that he return punts, kicks as well as run like a RB on reverses as wel as being a deep threat... The team that takes him in the mid rounds will be very lucky provided he comes back 100%

Jarrett Dillard- The kid from Rice reminds me an awful lot of Marvin Harrison, same type of build, same type of route running skills, maybe not as fast in a straight line but I don't think Marvin was jumping 42 inches coming out of Syracuse either. In close quarters nobody can stay with this jitter bug. Teams that pass on him will pay dearly later on, oh yes he's one of types that will go on to have a hall of fame career and the size and weight won't matter and I'm here to tell you all ahead of time.
    Edit/Delete Message[/QUOTE]

Here are a few more:

1 BARDEN - Dont sleep on him!
    2 COSBY = Welker like
    3 MASSAQUOI = [B]SLEEPER!!! [/B]He is the same as Nicks 6'1 210 lbs.
    4 THOMAS(AZ.) = Welker Like
    5 TURNER(usc) ??? you never know 6'5 225 lbs. :eek:

[QUOTE=jeT.MAC;3038008]Here are a few more:

1 BARDEN - Dont sleep on him!
    2 COSBY = Welker like
    3 MASSAQUOI = [B]SLEEPER!!! [/B]He is the same as Nicks 6'1 210 lbs.
    4 THOMAS(AZ.) = Welker Like
    5 TURNER(usc) ??? you never know 6'5 225 lbs. :eek:[/QUOTE]

I like Massaquoi :cool: Barden? Not so much, Cosby's a player too.

Marko Mitchell...Kevin Ogletree...Mike Wallace....Underwood...Igelsias...Murphy....Tate if he's healthy....

Not bad never thought about it. Lots of talentede WR's who'll go Day 2.

Next year's high end talent is potentially better with Bryant, Benn, Thomas, and Williams. I think Crabtree would be the third best WR prospect if stayed one more year, because Bryant and Benn are nastier.
    Last edited by Chica me Tipo; 03-07-2009 at 01:20 AM.

I'd be thrilled if we took Nicks or Britt in the first round. I'm not a DHB or Harvin fan, and I could live with Maclin.

Both Nicks and Britt are polished, physical, and can really help us right away.

[QUOTE=Chica me Tipo;3038114]Marko Mitchell...Kevin Ogletree...Mike Wallace....Underwood...Igelsias...Murphy....Tate if he's healthy....

Next year's high end talent is potentially better with Bryant, Benn, Thomas, and Williams. I think Crabtree would be the third best WR prospect if stayed one more year, because Bryant and Benn are nastier.[/QUOTE]

Dont forget about Naamen Roosevelt either - the kid is fast, great hands, and is just a flat out gamebreaker.

[QUOTE=intothegreen;3038348]Dont forget about Naamen Roosevelt either - the kid is fast, great hands, and is just a flat out gamebreaker.[/QUOTE]

Or the kid from GT who's like 6'3 225 with 4.4 speed.

Heyward-Bey: 6'3", 40: 4.30

Draft him.

[QUOTE=Slikmojet;3037913]every single one of the top 6 or 7 guys brings something interesting to the table and I can't see a team going wrong with any of them, there are even some mid round gems who can make an impact almost right away.

Edit/Delete Message[/QUOTE]

I also like this group and am very excited about it...we can get a good one at #17...we need one so this is good timing for us....

[QUOTE=Chica me Tipo;3038352]Or the kid from GT who's like 6'3 225 with 4.4 speed.[/QUOTE]

Demaryius Thomas 6'3 228 lbs. He is a Jr. Did he declare????

[QUOTE=RjetsR;3038366]Heyward-Bey: 6'3", 40: 4.30

Draft him.[/QUOTE]

He may be the most talented WR in this draft, but he's raw and is another one of these boom/bust prospects that are scary to use a 1st rounder.

I like a scenario where the Jets move out of the 1st and into the early 2nd...
    There will be a very good WR like Bey on the board at that point imo.

[QUOTE=Chica me Tipo;3038114]Marko Mitchell...Kevin Ogletree...Mike Wallace....Underwood...Igelsias...Murphy....[B]Tate if he's healthy[/B]....

Next year's high end talent is potentially better with Bryant, Benn, Thomas, and Williams. I think Crabtree would be the third best WR prospect if stayed one more year, because Bryant and Benn are nastier.[/QUOTE]

Tate was considered the best of the three UNC WR's pre-injury....Stealing him in the 4th would be perfect!
    Last edited by HessStation; 03-08-2009 at 01:09 PM.

[QUOTE=HessStation;3039026]Tate was considered the best of the three UNC WR's pre-injury....Stealing him in the 4th would be perfect![/QUOTE]

Tate's a stud.

Mike Wallace will be a legit deep threat. He can fly. His track speed translates to the field.

I agree on Heyward-Bey. Careful....high upside, but high risk as well.

I still don't like Harvin so much as a WR but as a RB. He's like Keller where he's not a traditional player at the position he's listed at so I'm not sure he's what the Jets need.

Cosby's old as balls. Pass...

Johnny Knox is probably a 1st day guy after his combine. Great route-runner with 4.3 speed? Legit...

Massaquoi improved a lot as a SR. which wins a lot of points with me but at the same time, his hands scare the crap out of me.

Mitchell and Barden are a couple of massive small school guys that intrigue me...

Questions about Britt's attitude scare me. CBtNY, are the questions legit? Is he a prick?

Love me some Nicks.

I don't remember Murphy doing that much work between the hashmarks. He strikes me as a straight-line guy and I don't think he breaks the UF WR curse...

I really like DHB, the question is how good can he really be????

why not.this is the deepest w.r. crop in years.the top ten receivers in this draft will have a chance to start either this year or next year.the jets do not draft wide receivers in the first round.so look foward to the second or third round.

Of all the receivers in this draft, I'm just not that impressed with Heyward-Bey, sure, he's got the excellent size/speed ratio, but he was never really all that productive at the college level, he only caught for about 600 yards last year. His fans will be quick to point to the running offense and poor QB play, but those things never stopped players like Hakeem Nicks or Kenny Britt from being extremely productive at the college level.

He reminds me of Troy Williamson in that everybody is overlooking the film on the player because of the size/speed ratio.

^^ Agreed.

I really like DHB and all, but I no longer consider him a first round pick.

I watched alot of Maryland this year, and to tell you the truth DHB caught my eye mostly on the end arounds they liked to do with him. He'd blow past everybody usually.

That said, I don't see the physicality and YAC ability in his game that I do from the other guys everyone sees as first round worthy.

Size:speed is nice, but it's not everything.