Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hutch: Bowens leaning towards Browns over New York Jets

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chica me Tipo;3039371]I'll say it again...I am so sick of being buzzworded by friggin "aggressive"...we outsacked the Ravens last year...believe it or not Rex Ryan got knocked for exactly the same sh*t we knock Mangini for...this is still the modern NFL and offenses are spreading the field...you can't super mega blitz or w/e it is you guys think Ryan does 100% of the time...

Bowens coming back isn't bad. Hopefully we still get at least one young guy in there.[/QUOTE]
    the big difference is our pass rush fell off a cliff - rendered nonexistent.

all the production was in the first 10 games. -that's a big problem, when looking at the 2 teams, that you failed to mention when comparing Ryan to Mangina.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mangini is building a dynasty

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Chica me Tipo;3039501]That'd D-line play, and we had that with Jenkins.

Then he either got hurt or ran out of gas.

Jenkins + another elite 3-4 DE talent + another elite DL talent = Dominant.

It's what the Pats did.[/quote]

[quote=Chica me Tipo;3039507]I was just saying lol...

I'm fine with the DL as long as we get one or two young guys in the draft or something.[/quote]

But you said "elite." That sounded as if you're not fine with the DL. I don't think we're going to be getting any elite DL in this year's draft. At least not immediate impact types.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bowens is a good role player that can add valuable depth but if we lose him it won't be the end of the world, Murrell is getting more expirience and looking like he can step up and Trunsik looked pretty good last year towards the end, it seemed like he was making some solid hits and tackles especially in the Miami game from what I remember...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=PaPZ187;3039823]Bowens is a good role player that can add valuable depth but if we lose him it won't be the end of the world, Murrell is getting more expirience and looking like he can step up and Trunsik looked pretty good last year towards the end, it seemed like he was making some solid hits and tackles especially in the Miami game from what I remember...[/quote]

Scott, Harris, Pace, Gholston, Thomas, Bowens, Murrell, Trusnik or Cummings or Spencer. I think we could keep two young guys (other than Gholston) on the roster.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;3039726]But you said "elite." That sounded as if you're not fine with the DL. I don't think we're going to be getting any elite DL in this year's draft. At least not immediate impact types.[/QUOTE]

We have to wait for Elite.

I think Gilbert can play on a Super Bowl caliber 3-4 DL, but besides that I'm not sure of anyone else. I think as a prospect he's a step below elite for a 3-4defense.

Theres a couple later round guys like Pedescleaux, Grady, Lee Hill, Mitchell, Gil, Scott, Bolden, Taylor, Baker, Harris etc that I would love us to pick up for depth...but whether they start or not in the future is up to them.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    I just noticed that Bowens changed his Facebook profile pic back to him in a Jets uni. He changed it to him in street clothes after he was cut. Think this a sign?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;3040307]I just noticed that Bowens changed his Facebook profile pic back to him in a Jets uni. He changed it to him in street clothes after he was cut. Think this a sign?[/QUOTE]

Well, with Barton on the move to the Browns, I'm thinking he hopes Tanny takes a peek at his profile before dinner tonight

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;3040307]I just noticed that Bowens changed his Facebook profile pic back to him in a Jets uni. He changed it to him in street clothes after he was cut. Think this a sign?[/QUOTE]

Sooth, you should know better then to reveal your sources :P

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully Mangina trades Shaun Rogers and Braylon Edwards and replaces the with D-Rob and Brad Smith. That will be comedy.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know what, David? Go. Go to the Browns. I'm sure Ryan would like to pick his own backups from his previous experiences. You "love" Mangini? Then go. Get out of here. Because in New York, you'll be riding the pine unless someone gets hurt. You'll have to learn Ryan's system from scratch, unlike backups he could bring in.

Get lost.