Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: ESPN Radio: John Clayton - Holt possibly to Jets

[QUOTE=jeT.MAC;3040718]If the jets do get Holt, they will have two fast WR's in him and Clowney. They are both the same kind of player, 6'0 190. The jets need a BIG TARGET like BRITT or BARDEN in the draft still.[/QUOTE]

You don't NEED a tall wide receiver to win a Super Bowl, most recently the Pittsburgh Steelers won with the #1 defense, two clutch WRs, a go-to TE and a franchise QB:

Hines Ward - 6'0 (81 rec, 1043 yards, 7 TDs in the [U]regular[/U] season)
    Santonio Holmes - 5'11 (55 receptions, 821 yards, 5 TDs)
    Limas Sweed - 6'4 (6 receptions for 64 yards)
    Dallas Baker - 6'3 (1 reception of 6 yards)

With the champions of last season the shorter, clutch WRs made the greater impact - especially on the Steelers game winning drive.

[QUOTE=dassassin;3040745]You don't NEED a tall wide receiver to win a Super Bowl, most recently the Pittsburgh Steelers won with the #1 defense, two clutch WRs, a go-to TE and a franchise QB:

Hines Ward - 6'0 (81 rec, 1043 yards, 7 TDs in the [U]regular[/U] season)
    Santonio Holmes - 5'11 (55 receptions, 821 yards, 5 TDs)
    Limas Sweed - 6'4 (6 receptions for 64 yards)
    Dallas Baker - 6'3 (1 reception of 6 yards)

With the champions of last season the shorter, clutch WRs made the greater impact - especially on the Steelers game winning drive.[/QUOTE]

The jets are going to draft a BIG WR in this draft whether its Britt, Mac, Barden, Nicks, Bey or Massaqoui... Someone??? crap!

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3039469]I don't think this is Marvin Harrison who is four years older than Holt and clearly done

I think Holt still has something left in the tank and I would be excited about this addition provided it doesn't cost us any draft picks, JUST MONEY, and provided the price is reasonable on a short term deal

Even if we draft a WR high, WR's very rarely hit stride as rookies, so Holt could still serve as a Quality veteran who buys us a year to groom the neophyte and bring him along at a steady pace, rather than expect an instant savior[/QUOTE]

I can go with this...as long as we get him reasonable....

Jets Insider VIP
    I'd go for him, with 2 young QB's it would be good to have a veteran WR along with our young group... As long as the price is right.