Thread: Dig the New Mock

Dig the New Mock

Jets sign Holt.

Lets do this:

Trade back with Vikings at 22 for them to get Mark Sanchez, who falls as a gift to them for some reason. We get 22, 54, and the Vikings 7th.

1. LeSean McCoy - I still think he's the best RB in the draft. It'd be like Wililams falling to Panthers, but three picks later.

Trade 52, 54, and Vikings 7th to Cincy for #38.

2. Kenny Britt - I think Britt gets seen as the Devin Thomas of the draft group. He's a great talent with a sick upside at the position, but the overall polish to his game isn't there to take him in the first. To me he's "only" the 4th best WR in the draft. He has a sick upside once he gets NFL experience.

3. Trevor Canfield - Seriously, Canfield's the sh*t.

4. Courtney Greene - Another Rutgers guy. Opens doorways for marketing schemes as the new stadium open. Greene's also a good S prospect with a similar story to Kerry Rhodes'. He didn't have the workout Rhodes had, but it wasn't anything to cry about either.

5. John Phillips - Solid TE prospect.

6. Adrian Grady - Undersized NT prospect. Strong, stout, with a good motor.

7. Khalif Mitchell - More DL depth/talent.

embrace the martian

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Take off your red colored glasses

So...nothing on the mock?

I'm stuck on whether I like Charles Hamilton or Kid Cudi more. I'm leaning on Cudi, but I've only just started listening to him.

I doubt a 4th round safety will lead to many marketing schemes for the new stadium...

[QUOTE=SUJets1988;3039567]I doubt a 4th round safety will lead to many marketing schemes for the new stadium...[/QUOTE]

2 Rutgers players drafted by the Jets will...especially two relatively well known Rutgers players.

no fifth because of the lito trade. i like your picks chico :D

[QUOTE=Chica me Tipo;3039523]Jets sign Holt.

Lets do this:

Trade back with Vikings at 22 for them to get Mark Sanchez, who falls as a gift to them for some reason. We get 22, 54, and the Vikings 7th.

1. LeSean McCoy - I still think he's the best RB in the draft. It'd be like Wililams falling to Panthers, but three picks later.

2. Kenny Britt - I think Britt gets seen as the Devin Thomas of the draft group. He's a great talent with a sick upside at the position, but the overall polish to his game isn't there to take him in the first. To me he's "only" the 4th best WR in the draft. He has a sick upside once he gets NFL experience.

4. Courtney Greene - Another Rutgers guy. Opens doorways for marketing schemes as the new stadium open. Greene's also a good S prospect with a similar story to Kerry Rhodes'. He didn't have the workout Rhodes had, but it wasn't anything to cry about either.

7. Khalif Mitchell - More DL depth/talent.[/QUOTE]

Your having the vikings giving up a 1st, 2nd, and 7th for a qb with one years of college exp, but they would not even give up the 23rd for Cassel.

While I like your longshots to make the roster at NT, The jets should concentrate on the DLine your using the first 4 picks on offensive and on roatational players. I think the jets would be better of with Tyson Jackson at 22, Brace at 52 and

[QUOTE=Chica me Tipo;3039523]Jets sign Holt.

Lets do this:

7. Khalif Mitchell - More DL depth/talent.[/QUOTE]

Your having the vikings giving up a 1st, 2nd, and 7th for a qb with one years of college exp, but they would not even give up the 23rd for Cassel.

While I like your longshots to make the roster at NT, The jets should concentrate on the DLine your using the first 4 picks on offensive and on roatational players. I think the jets would be better of with Tyson Jackson at 22, Brace at 52 and Unger at 54, at 76 go with Dorrel Scott.

This way in one draft your Dline is now set for 4 years with players that can play either a three man front or a 4. (Gholston or Pace with thier hand down.)

You get an athletic olineman that has had collegiate exp playing all three oline positions, I know canfield got some snaps at guard during the senior bowl, but that is not real exp.

All Pro
    Replace McCoy with Moreno and I love it...:D

McCoy >>> Moreno...oh yea I already did that.

Patman:

A 1st, 2nd, and 7th is only one round (2nd instead of 3rd) more than the Ravens paid for Flacco. Maybe the Vikings didn't want Cassel because he's overrated and not worth a first round pick?

Iunno what you're talking about with Canfield. I think he can take snaps at T if he had to, but I'm drafting him to replace Faneca long term.

Personally, I think Grady will stick. He's got alot of Kelly Gregg in him.

The only reason I didn't go DL depth earlier is because beyond Gilbert, I'm not blown away and I hope we don't force picks just to get what we "need."

No 5th round pick = No John Phillips. Forgot about that.

Replace Mitchell with Everette Pedescleaux, though he might get drafted before the 7th.

[QUOTE=Chica me Tipo;3039553]So...nothing on the mock?

I'm stuck on whether I like Charles Hamilton or Kid Cudi more. I'm leaning on Cudi, but I've only just started listening to him.[/QUOTE]

I'm a Charles Hamilton guy I like his style more than Cudi. But they're both good young rappers.

[QUOTE=RjetsR;3040349]I'm a Charles Hamilton guy I like his style more than Cudi. But they're both good young rappers.[/QUOTE]

Yea, and CH was pretty cool live. I saw him at Southpaws in Brooklyn a while back.

The first two mixtapes in that Sonic threesome were two of the best mixtapes I heard in '08. Pink Lava Lamp was the sh*t too.

Cudi's alright, but after some listening I only found a few songs I liked.

Asher Roth on the other hand...I think I can like him more than either of the first two...Roth Boys is one of the funniest songs I've heard in...ever.
    Last edited by Chica me Tipo; 03-09-2009 at 06:03 PM.

[QUOTE=Chica me Tipo;3040478]Yea, and CH was pretty cool live. I saw him at Southpaws in Brooklyn a while back.

The first two mixtapes in that Sonic threesome were two of the best mixtapes I heard in '08. Pink Lava Lamp was the sh*t too.

Cudi's alright, but after some listening I only found a few songs I liked.

Asher Roth on the other hand...I think I can like him more than either of the first two...Roth Boys is one of the funniest songs I've heard in...ever.[/QUOTE]

Yea Asher Roth, Charles Hamilton, and Kid Cudi are a breath of fresh air from the dumbed down, candy coated hip-hop that plagues us today.

New mock keep the trade with the Vikings, except make the compensation a 22, 86, and a 5th.

FA:

Sign Tory Holt when released.

Draft:

22: Darius Butler CB - Smoothest corner in the draft. Getting alot of talk, partially because people are bored and looking for draft sh*t to talk about.

52: Jarron Gilbert DE - Going by Wright's new mock. Personally I think a 290 pound productive, son of an ex-NFLer is going to go higher, but whatever bro.

76: Andre Brown RB

86: David Bruton S

4th: Marko Mitchell WR

5th: Terrance Taylor NT

6th: Kevin Ogletree WR - Yep, two WR's.

7th: Maurice Miller G

Meh.

I have Khalif Mitchell as a borderline top 100 guy

[QUOTE=bitonti;3041322]I have Khalif Mitchell as a borderline top 100 guy[/QUOTE]

Yea he's probably around there...he's got the size and the tools to fit any system...

I think Rex Ryan is also more willing to take risks on guys like Mitchell, who probably isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, than Mangini was.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Chica me Tipo;3039929]Maybe the Vikings didn't want Cassel because he's overrated and not worth a first round pick?[/QUOTE]

How dare you.
    Last edited by dbatesman; 03-10-2009 at 01:00 PM.