Thread: Tinstar's Jets Mock draft

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Tinstar's Jets Mock draft

Jets trade the 17 pick to the Eagles for the 21st and 52nd pick.
    Jets then trade the 52 and 53 to the eagles for the 28th.

1st pick - Josh Freeman - Someone's going to pick him in the 1st,and with where we play his big arm and upside potential warrants such a pick.If Ratliff or Clemens pans out,you can always trade him in a yr or 2.We traded brooks Bollinger,we can trade Josh Freeman.

2nd pick - Percy Harvin - Everyone wants a speed receiver,and while this kid won't start,he will give us explosiveness on special teams and on offense in special packages.

3rd Pick - Fili Moala - Big and strong player who with a yr under Ryan and his staff will learn how to better use his body as a replacement for Shaun Ellis in 2010.

4th pick - Sammy Lee Hill - Jenkins needs a breather every now and again,and Pouha gets his last shot at situational DE.

6th pick - Anthony Hill - With baker gone,Jets need a run blocking TE.This guy can block on the edge and will catch a pass off the LOS every now and again.

7th pick -A Q Shipley - Somebody needs to back up mangold.This little midget is as strong as an ox and will get over looked.

That's it,2 defensive players,based on what we did in free agency and 4 offensive players.After the draft,any defensive player with a bit of skill will get a call from the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tinstar;3039701]Jets trade the 17 pick to the Eagles for the 21st and 52nd pick.

1st pick - Josh Freeman - Someone's going to pick him in the 1st,and with where we play his big arm and upside potential warrants such a pick.If Ratliff or Clemens pans out,you can always trade him in a yr or 2.We traded brooks Bollinger,we can trade Josh Freeman.

2nd pick - Percy Harvin - Everyone wants a speed receiver,and while this kid won't start,he will give us explosiveness on special teams and on offense in special packages.

3rd Pick - Fili Moala - Big and strong player who with a yr under Ryan and his staff will learn how to better use his body as a replacement for Shaun Ellis in 2010.

4th pick - Sammy Lee Hill - Jenkins needs a breather every now and again,and Pouha gets his last shot at situational DE.

6th pick - Anthony Hill - With baker gone,Jets need a run blocking TE.This guy can block on the edge and will catch a pass off the LOS every now and again.

7th pick -A Q Shipley - Somebody needs to back up mangold.This little midget is as strong as an ox and will get over looked.

That's it,2 defensive players,based on what we did in free agency and 4 offensive players.After the draft,any defensive player with a bit of skill will get a call from the Jets.[/QUOTE]

That works for me Tin good job..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not think Harvey is our guy. In that case I hope we pick up Robinskie. We don,t need a deep threat as much as a #1 WR. Clowney will be the deep threat we need next year and Leon brings the same package to the table as Harvey. Robinskie is big and polished and faster in pads than most think-watch the some tape on him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Eagles really lose out on value on the 1st deal but that is a possibility if one of the premium guys they like (like one of the top OT's) happen to fall to them so that 1st trade is viable enough. The 2nd one I don't know about because the Eagles have a boat load of picks but it is within reason.

I'll be honest I'm not crazy about the 1st two players chosen. I just don't get a good feeling about Freeman, obviously he had mega tools. As for Harvin, he's a game breaker for sure but I think Washington is similar in a number of ways. I would like a WR with some size that can outfight defenders for the ball.

Good job though and creative thinking on the trades.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm always skeptical of mocks with trades. All mocks are speculation but predicting trades, in this case multiple trades, just throws in way to many factors for me to take seriously. I like the picks but what are the chances of all this happening? I know they are small in regular mocks as well, just sayin.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    They better not draft Freeman in the first round. You need more than size and a good arm to be successful in the NFL and I don't see anything from him that makes me believe he could be better than Clemens or Ratliff let alone be worth a first rounder.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=David Harris;3039842]I'm always skeptical of mocks with trades. All mocks are speculation but predicting trades, in this case multiple trades, just throws in way to many factors for me to take seriously. I like the picks but what are the chances of all this happening? I know they are small in regular mocks as well, just sayin.[/QUOTE]

When I first started looking at mocks I agreed with you but I have changed my mind because the simple fact is that each year there are trades and last year there was a ton of movement via trades in the 1st couple rounds if I recall. This instantly tossed all mocks in the form they were out the window. I don't mind trades as long as they makes sense. I like it when the person making the mock gives me a legit reason as to why the trades will take place.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bugg Superstar;3039859]They better not draft Freeman in the first round. You need more than size and a good arm to be successful in the NFL and I don't see anything from him that makes me believe he could be better than Clemens or Ratliff let alone be worth a first rounder.[/QUOTE]

Agreed -- its all about Hakeem Nicks. Ideal scenario to this day is for Sanchez to fall to us at 17, trade back with Minnesota and take him at 22/stockpile picks.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The first 2 picks look alot like what the Raiders would do. The fastest playmaker and the QB with the bigest arm. Anyways I don't think this is the way T Rex will go. I think he will nab the most physical players out there. That is all he has been saying in his interviews..Smash mouth football........The dots are in dedication to Bongo(MIA)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a fan of Day 1 at all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tinstar;3039701]Jets trade the 17 pick to the Eagles for the 21st and 52nd pick.

That's it,2 defensive players,based on what we did in free agency and 4 offensive players.After the draft,any defensive player with a bit of skill will get a call from the Jets.[/QUOTE]

You have us trading 17 and 53 for 21 and 28. That just doesn't compute from the Eagle's perspective even though I love it from our side. I think we'd have to drop a little more value from our end unless there was a guy that they absolutely HAD to have at 17 but I just don't see them needing anyone that badly they can't wait for.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, those trades don't really seem to add up at all, IMO.

And I'm really not a Josh Freeman fan. There's more to being a QB then size and arm strength and I just don't see it in Freeman. Poor accuracy, doesn't seem to find the open reciever as often as he should, questionable decisions with the ball, consistantly bad against good football teams, questionable leadership and intangibles.

This is a case where people are looking at him throw in shorts and in that enviornment you can't help but be impressed at the raw physical tools, but watching him on film tells a very different story.

2-5 you have some solid picks though. I prefer someone with some more size then Harvin, but I can't find much fault in that selection at all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nycdan;3040098]You have us trading 17 and 53 for 21 and 28. That just doesn't compute from the Eagle's perspective even though I love it from our side. I think we'd have to drop a little more value from our end unless there was a guy that they absolutely HAD to have at 17 but I just don't see them needing anyone that badly they can't wait for.[/QUOTE]

OK,then let me explain.The Eagles need an OT in the worst way.They are desperate for someone who can play LT.Here's how i figure this deal coming about.The Lions take Stafford at 1.The Niners take Sanchez at 10.Andre Smith is sitting on the board at 17 after his stunt at the combines.Tanny makes a call,and the Eagles move up for their LT.Runyon moves over to the RT position if they bring him back.At 21,we Take Freeman because he's not staying on the board much longer if that long.Now we can stay pat at 53 and take Robiskie,but the way i figure it,the Jets go for the explosiveness in special situations that Harvin brings.Personally i don't like Harvin either,but his speed is something the Jets haven't had at receiver in forever.

Now for thopse who say that the Eagles lose out in this deal,then i give them the 17 for 21 and their 3rd .With my 2nd pick i take either DHB or Robiskie.Then with my 2 3rd rounders i take Shonn Green and and Moala.I prefer this any way,because i really want Shonn Green in the 3rd and i believe that where he will go due to his speed and his off the field priors.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope the Jets can make trades like this. But, IMO, Rex will split the 1st two picks between DL and WR. I especially like the value and picks that you made with the 3rd thru 6th.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Josh Freeman = Andre Woodson

Freeman will be a second day pick. I guarantee it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;3040374]Josh Freeman = Andre Woodson

Freeman will be a second day pick. I guarantee it.[/QUOTE]

+ 1,000,000

This isn't a JaMarcus Russel type talent here...if it was we'd have known about this guy a long time ago.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chica me Tipo;3040490]+ 1,000,000

This isn't a JaMarcus Russel type talent here...if it was we'd have known about this guy a long time ago.[/QUOTE]

We shall see what we shall see.I know someone's going to draft him in the 1st round.I think it's funny that Mayock has this kid as a 1st round value.Now scott wright has him as the 20th pick to KC.

As far as Russel goes,i never liked that kid as a player and i still don't.I always believed that the kid Green Bay drafted in the 6th round was the better QB.

How can a Kid that improved every single yr be so criticized by the fans.He improved him TD totals every yr.He decreased his Int totals every yr.His completion percentage improved every yr after his freshman yr.Yes,it dipped a little in his last yr but it was still almost 60% with no big name players to speak of.The kid has talent,and when you are the talent,you do what you have to do to try and win.Sometimes you make mistakes when you step out too far,but whatelse was he supposed to do.

I am going to settle this once and for all.

here are my 2 best values at QB.

Josh freeman and Curtis Painter.

Last yr it was Ryan and the kid from LSU now in Greenbay.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Matt Flynn was a non-prospect IMO.
    Last edited by Chica me Tipo; 03-09-2009 at 11:12 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chica me Tipo;3040969]Matt Flynn was a non-prospect IMO.[/QUOTE]

That's funny,because he's the backup in Greenbay instead of Brian Brohmn..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tinstar;3041095]That's funny,because he's the backup in Greenbay instead of Brian Brohmn..[/QUOTE]

Impressive?

Brohm >>>>>>> Flynn

And Curtis Painter dude? I mean he's...got the talent and I like him better than alot of the other senior QBs...but that guy sh*t the bed last year.