Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Opie and Anthony/KRock Demise Thread (MERGED)

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Opie and Anthony/KRock Demise Thread (MERGED)

Was anyone else listening to the 9:00 hour of today's O&A Show. Has anyone left a radio job better than the way they left K-Rock this morning. At least I can still listen to them on XM.

Your Mom's Box.

Board Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I missed it today, what happened?

They're not doing 92.3 anymore?

I don't have XM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are rumors that K-Rock is switching to Top 40, pop, and when and if that happens Opie and Anthony are gone. At the end of the show today they started smashing equipment and said your mom's box, which is what they say to signify their last show.

It's not definite yet, but the future is bleak. I would recommend getting a satellite radio if you still want to listen to O&A.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Must see video of ending of today's show

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwwBeY-ABb4&eurl=http://www.wackbag.com/showthread.php?p=3141769[/url]

Board Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=msujetfan 89;3039803]There are rumors that K-Rock is switching to Top 40, pop, and when and if that happens Opie and Anthony are gone. At the end of the show today they started smashing equipment and said your mom's box, which is what they say to signify their last show.

It's not definite yet, but the future is bleak. I would recommend getting a satellite radio if you still want to listen to O&A.[/QUOTE]

Oh damn! That would suck.

IMHO K-Rock was hopeless the moment they switched from classic rock to alternative in the mid-90's. That station has been on the deathwatch ever since.

I would consider satellite, but Sirius-XM is in serious (no pun intended) jeopardy....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=msujetfan 89;3039814]Must see video of ending of today's show

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwwBeY-ABb4&eurl=http://www.wackbag.com/showthread.php?p=3141769[/url][/QUOTE]

Wow. That was certainly "must see video."

Quite entertaining.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that video was certainly the opposite of "must see".

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    hahahaha "the person thats gonna be...thats listening to music on this station is gonna be mad."

That really, really sucks if they're going off.

They didn't smash stuff in that video.
    Last edited by Chica me Tipo; 03-09-2009 at 01:21 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Opie and Anthony suck. They're two unfunny Howard Stern wannabes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ReleasetheAnimal;3039882]Wow. That was certainly "must see video."

Quite entertaining.[/QUOTE]

That was 2 minutes of my life I will never get back.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3040089]Opie and Anthony suck. They're two unfunny [B]Howard Stern wannabes[/B].[/QUOTE]

And Boeing is a Wright Brothers wannabe.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good!! I for one am glad to see them leave terrestrial radio. They haven't been funny since they got fired from 102.3 WNEW for the 'Sex for Sam' incident back in '02.

These guys truly don't appreciate the job they have. They get on he radio, pick a market they are in and spend days ripping it to shreds. When the OM/PD of the station in that market has had enough, they pull the show and O&A tuck thier tale and issue fake apologies and cry to try and get back on the air there. Most recently in Philly and Boston. NOT very good radio.

Have fun on satelite guys, any hack can put on a show where they curse and be nasty for 4 hours. It's nothing I want to listen to as I am driving my kids to school. It takes REAL talent to be edgy and controversial, yet NOT cross the line into COMPLETE vulgarity.

Don't let the door hit you.................

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=IM4DJTS;3040156]
    Have fun on satelite guys, any hack can put on a show where they curse and be nasty for 4 hours. [B][U]It's nothing I want to listen to as I am driving my kids to school. [/U][/B] It takes REAL talent to be edgy and controversial, yet NOT cross the line into COMPLETE vulgarity.

Don't let the door hit you.................[/QUOTE]

It's not meant to be listened to while you drive your kids to school. Its for truckers, blue collar guys, and the like. If you don't like it, than don't listen. I hear Martha Stewart has a nice kid-friendly radio show on for you to listen to in the morning.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yupp listened to it this morning. Good thing I have XM. Been a fan since I was 10. I wish they would go back to 3-7 PM.

Opie had a picture of Stunt Brains office on twitter.. empty :(

What ever they will be fine.. hopefully someone on terrestrial radio picks em up.

They are better on XM anyway.. and TOMORROW's show should be GOOOOODDDDD.

O&A PARTY ROCK!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Banks81;3040345]It's not meant to be listened to while you drive your kids to school. Its for truckers, blue collar guys, and the like. If you don't like it, than don't listen. I hear Martha Stewart has a nice kid-friendly radio show on for you to listen to in the morning.[/QUOTE]

I don't, for many reasons, but they are not even available in my market anymore because they did, what they do. Ripped West Palm and the local rock station apart until they were taken off.

BTW, K-Rock flips to Top 40 at 5PM on Wednesday night.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Say Good-Bye to 92.3 K-Rock

[url]http://radioinsight.com/headlines/92.3-now-new-york-launches-wednesday-500pm/[/url]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Active rock will return to NYC. CBS is just trying to take something away from Z-100.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another top 40 station? isnt z100 enough?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that's crazy. I met a bunch of the K-Rock DJ's in Belmar last weekend. I guess they were all out celebrating together one last time.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=IM4DJTS;3040551]Active rock will return to NYC. CBS is just trying to take something away from Z-100.[/QUOTE]

101.9 is better anyway