Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Five Reasons That New York Jets Fans Will Love Bart Scott

Five Reasons That New York Jets Fans Will Love Bart Scott

from a ravens fan's perspective ---- I should start by saying that I am a Ravens fan, and that I will miss Bart dearly. And also that I would have much prefered to keep Bart as aposed to Ray Lewis. I harbour no bad feelings toward Scott, even though he didn't resign with us. Some Ravens' fans expected him to take a pay cut, but he's done it for us before. It was his turn to get paid, and I'm glad he has.

I'm sure New York will come to love Bart, but I just thought I'd tell you what to expect.

Here are my top 5 reasons to love Bart Scott (in no particular order):

[B]Passion[/B]

Bart Scott plays with unrivaled passion. A hatred, even. A hatred who isn't in green (formerly purple).

He has often said that if he played against his mother, he would do whatever was necessary to knock her off her feet. That passion comes from his path to glory.

An undrafted free agent out of Southern Illinois, Bart was offered a contract by two teams. The Kansas City Chiefs, and the Baltimore Ravens.

He selected the Ravens and signed for the league minimum and a signing bonus of just $500. He had little chance of making the team. He soon realized that to get himself recognized, he had to be vicious, and he had to be ferocious.

And that ferocity remains in full force today, and I assure you it will remain even after signing a contract larger than the ones in his dreams coming out of So. Illinois.

[B]Personality[/B]

Bart could be a comedian and he'd be one of my favorites. He's got a great rapport with the media, fans, and players alike (except for Hines Ward; they don't get along).

He's always keen to give interviews so that the fans can get an insight into his life and the workings of a pro football team and so on and so on.

And trust me, once Scott comes to town, they're the only interviews you're really gonna want to listen to.

Even on the field, you'll hear him barking and bantering with guys on both teams, but it's always in jest.

[B]A Figure in the Community[/B]

Bart is incredibly active in the community. Investing time and money into projects and causes of all scales. But he doesn't make a big deal out of it, unlike a lot of athletes keen to showcase their selflessness.

You have to dig a little to find out how much Bart does for the community. He does a lot of work for charity as well, feeding the homeless, meeting with orphans and talking in schools.

[B]Versatility[/B]

Bart Scott can do anything you can ask a linebacker to do, and do it excellently.

He was far and away our top coverage linebacker, which is why this year he didn't put up the flashy stats of two years ago. But believe me when I say he's every bit as good as his pro bowl season. Bart can and will do whatever the team requires of him.

He can rush the passer with ferocity and speed. He'll play the mauler in your 3-4 so that other linebackers can get free. He'll drop back in zones. He'll man up on TEs and RBs. He's an excellent tackler, and plays the run with 100 percent effort which is sadly a rarity in among many defenders.

He can penetrate with ease. And finally, the man hits like a hammer. In the first round of the playoffs, he shook up Chad Pennington so hard that he, the man that threw the least picks in the league that year, threw four picks.

He is also responsible for the most glorious sack that I have ever witnessed, where he breezed around the Steelers' Right Tackle and lit up Big Ben and hit him as hard as Ben has ever been hit (according to Ben himself).

[B]Smarts and Leadership[/B]

Scott has a real head for the game. Something your going to need with Rex's crazy packages and plays. You need the man in the middle to know the plays well enough to know where EVERYONE is supposed to be, and no one knows Rex's play book better than Scott does.

You also get a fiery leader. Someone that will hold players accountable. And something else that Scott will provide you with is motivation for your undrafted FAs and late round draft picks. He'll be a constant reminder that they can make it, too.

Well, that makes five.

if I made a list of all the things I loved about Bart Scott, we'd both be here all day.

You can find the rest out for yourself.

I wish the Jets good luck next year (especially against the Pats), and for many years to come, with Bart in the middle.

I thought it was going to be the five Patriot players he puts in the hospital.

All League
    [quote=JOHNNY JOHNSON;3039889]from a ravens fan's perspective ---- I should start by saying that I am a Ravens fan, and that I will miss Bart dearly. And also that I would have much prefered to keep Bart as aposed to Ray Lewis. I harbour no bad feelings toward Scott, even though he didn't resign with us. Some Ravens' fans expected him to take a pay cut, but he's done it for us before. It was his turn to get paid, and I'm glad he has.

I'm sure New York will come to love Bart, but I just thought I'd tell you what to expect.

Here are my top 5 reasons to love Bart Scott (in no particular order):

[B]Passion[/B]

Bart Scott plays with unrivaled passion. A hatred, even. A hatred who isn't in green (formerly purple).

He has often said that if he played against his mother, he would do whatever was necessary to knock her off her feet. That passion comes from his path to glory.

An undrafted free agent out of Southern Illinois, Bart was offered a contract by two teams. The Kansas City Chiefs, and the Baltimore Ravens.

He selected the Ravens and signed for the league minimum and a signing bonus of just $500. He had little chance of making the team. He soon realized that to get himself recognized, he had to be vicious, and he had to be ferocious.

And that ferocity remains in full force today, and I assure you it will remain even after signing a contract larger than the ones in his dreams coming out of So. Illinois.

[B]Personality[/B]

Bart could be a comedian and he'd be one of my favorites. He's got a great rapport with the media, fans, and players alike (except for Hines Ward; they don't get along).

He's always keen to give interviews so that the fans can get an insight into his life and the workings of a pro football team and so on and so on.

And trust me, once Scott comes to town, they're the only interviews you're really gonna want to listen to.

Even on the field, you'll hear him barking and bantering with guys on both teams, but it's always in jest.

[B]A Figure in the Community[/B]

Bart is incredibly active in the community. Investing time and money into projects and causes of all scales. But he doesn't make a big deal out of it, unlike a lot of athletes keen to showcase their selflessness.

You have to dig a little to find out how much Bart does for the community. He does a lot of work for charity as well, feeding the homeless, meeting with orphans and talking in schools.

[B]Versatility[/B]

Bart Scott can do anything you can ask a linebacker to do, and do it excellently.

He was far and away our top coverage linebacker, which is why this year he didn't put up the flashy stats of two years ago. But believe me when I say he's every bit as good as his pro bowl season. Bart can and will do whatever the team requires of him.

He can rush the passer with ferocity and speed. He'll play the mauler in your 3-4 so that other linebackers can get free. He'll drop back in zones. He'll man up on TEs and RBs. He's an excellent tackler, and plays the run with 100 percent effort which is sadly a rarity in among many defenders.

He can penetrate with ease. And finally, the man hits like a hammer. In the first round of the playoffs, he shook up Chad Pennington so hard that he, the man that threw the least picks in the league that year, threw four picks.

He is also responsible for the most glorious sack that I have ever witnessed, where he breezed around the Steelers' Right Tackle and lit up Big Ben and hit him as hard as Ben has ever been hit (according to Ben himself).

[B]Smarts and Leadership[/B]

Scott has a real head for the game. Something your going to need with Rex's crazy packages and plays. You need the man in the middle to know the plays well enough to know where EVERYONE is supposed to be, and no one knows Rex's play book better than Scott does.

You also get a fiery leader. Someone that will hold players accountable. And something else that Scott will provide you with is motivation for your undrafted FAs and late round draft picks. He'll be a constant reminder that they can make it, too.

Well, that makes five.

if I made a list of all the things I loved about Bart Scott, we'd both be here all day.

You can find the rest out for yourself.

I wish the Jets good luck next year (especially against the Pats), and for many years to come, with Bart in the middle.[/quote]

Very enlightening and a good find. Where did you get this from?

[QUOTE=John_0515;3039896]I thought it was going to be the five Patriot players he puts in the hospital.[/QUOTE]

A Lewis/Bledsoe repeat with Scott/Brady :eek:

All League
    This guy will be the diffrence between a good defense and a great defense, straight up IMO

Jets Insider VIP
    Hmmmmmm I guess that Sapp didn't know what he was talking about then...... SMILES

Banned
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3039896]I thought it was going to be the five Patriot players he puts in the hospital.[/QUOTE]

The Jets signed Bart Scott, and not Ray Lewis.

All Pro
    Excellent read, thanks for sharing!!!

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3039961]The Jets signed Bart Scott, and not Ray Lewis.[/QUOTE]

We're undefeated right now TX, don't rain on my imaginary parade.

[QUOTE=PaPZ187;3039938]This guy will be the diffrence between a good defense and a great defense, straight up IMO[/QUOTE]

Before when I was a hater I would have been all TF does this mean?

But I agree. I saw this thing called ze lamp with Scott.

He's going to make himself a star here.

I can't wait 'til the league gets to know our LBer corps.

All League
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3039961]The Jets signed Bart Scott, and not Ray Lewis.[/QUOTE]

he is what ray lewis was in 2000 buddy and he will show everyone this season..... make sure to get your diaper checked when your team gets "sportcentered" twice from us next year...... :cool:

I hope Scott and Ryan can take this defense to the next level. As shown last year we have some nice pieces in place already and hopefully these 2 can help bring it all together.

Banned
    [QUOTE=neevsmazda07;3040708]he is what ray lewis was in 2000 buddy and he will show everyone this season..... make sure to get your diaper checked when your team gets "sportcentered" twice from us next year...... :cool:[/QUOTE]

Please, you guys said the exact same thing last year when the Jets drafted Gholston.

How did that work out for you? :rolleyes:

Bart Scott will be an average LB without Lewis and Suggs.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3041100]Please, you guys said the exact same thing last year when the Jets drafted Gholston.

Bart Scott will be an average LB without Lewis and Suggs.[/QUOTE]

It's 8 am.. go for a walk or read the newspaper or something. Do you do ANYTHING in the morning before making sure Jets fans aren't getting excited about their team? Just let us think Bart Scott is Dick Butkus for a while dammit.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Polidore22;3041102]It's 8 am.. go for a walk or read the newspaper or something. Do you do ANYTHING in the morning before making sure Jets fans aren't getting excited about their team? [B]Just let us think Bart Scott is Dick Butkus for a while dammit[/B].[/QUOTE]

My apologies.

I forgot this was the off-season.

OK, I'll play along. Bart Scott will be [B][U]better[/U][/B] than Dick Butkus.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3041104]My apologies.

I forgot this was the off-season.

OK, I'll play along. Bart Scott will be [B][U]better[/U][/B] than Dick Butkus.[/QUOTE]

Now we're talking!!:yes:

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3041104]My apologies.

I forgot the this is the [B]NEW[/B] season.

OK, I'll play along. Bart Scott will be [B][U]better[/U][/B] than Dick Butkus.[/QUOTE]

Fixed

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3041100]Please, you guys said the exact same thing last year when the Jets drafted Gholston.

It's another off-season, you are a 40+ year old miserable jackass still living in his mom's basement who has no life and nothing better to do then spew hate and garbage on a rival team's website 24x7.

Hey Tex,

Go back to the threads from last year. You apparently need to refresh your memory. Alot of guys on here were praying that we wouldn[t pick Gholston.

Granted, there were a few that wanted him badly. But overall, most people had major reservations.;)

Banned
    [QUOTE=VAJET58;3041504]Hey Tex,

Go back to the threads from last year. You apparently need to refresh your memory. [B]Alot of guys on here were praying that we wouldn[t pick Gholston[/B].

Granted, there were a few that wanted him badly. But overall, most people had major reservations.;)[/QUOTE]

I disagree with that 58.

The vast majority of Jets fans were thrilled when Gholston was drafted.

But to your point, there were some very vocal Jets fans saying it would be a bad move. I wish I could remember who they were.