Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow, LC got 9mill plus for next year!?!

Wow, LC got 9mill plus for next year!?!

[url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/03/exnew_york_wide_receiver_coles.html[/url]

[QUOTE=VictorGreen;3040567][url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/03/exnew_york_wide_receiver_coles.html[/url][/QUOTE]

F' that.

Just shows you he's looking for money.

He got paid more than T.O. haha.

Banned
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3040569]F' that.

Just shows you he's looking for money.[/QUOTE]

Also shows how inept the Bungles really are.

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3040577]Also shows how inept the Bungles really are.[/QUOTE]

He may have 80 receptions and 1000+ yards, but only because the Bengals will be passing the ball trying to play catchup the whole season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Good for him, that's a nice frickin payday.

That move will look good on Cole's agent's resume.

OK, so Owens deal looks like a pittance now.

Yes, Drew Rosenhaus, we really believe that TO had tons of offers. Right. :rolleyes:

Banned
    The Bungles are too cheap to fire Marvin Lewis, a coach who lost control of his team years ago, but they'll break the bank on an ok not great 31 year old wide receiver. It's going to be a rough year for the NFL in Ohio.

All League
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3040577]Also shows how inept the Bungles really are.[/QUOTE]

lmao they deserve eachother..... we had him at his prime and he couldnt help us get to where we needed so in my opinion i think we made out alright....... :cool:

The Bengals were desperate after Housh left so they jumped on LC. As far as LC this is the 2nd time he ran from the Jets for more money! The guy obviously only has 1 loyalty and thats his pocket so "Good-bye and Good riddance"!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=hatnlvr;3041077]The Bengals were desperate after Housh left so they jumped on LC. As far as LC this is the 2nd time he ran from the Jets for more money! The guy obviously only has 1 loyalty and thats his pocket so "Good-bye and Good riddance"![/QUOTE]

soo your saying we will see him in 2011?!?! LoL

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3040627]Good for him, that's a nice frickin payday.[/QUOTE]

+1.......I can't begrudge the guy leaving for more money, the guy played hurt and started 124 of 128 games the last 8 years despite many injuries including playing on a bad toe for a full season and multiple concussions....

Fans want their players to play hurt and through pain and want their wideouts especially to be tough over the middle, Coles gave the Jets just that...

......He could have taken games off because of the concussions and such but continued to play every week although it probably had a negative impact on his career....

In my view he earned his money for the most part and actually did the Jets a favor by letting them out of the 7 million cap hit this year....I don't blame the Jets for not wanting to give him another contract extension but it does not bother me he secured a better deal elsewhere.....

All Pro
    This guy has played the system his entire career and won big money because of it. Unreal how his "issues" have led to a windfall.

I am very surprised those are the real numbers. Shocked even. He's a good player but he's not a 9 mill guy at all. Looks like its essentially a 2 year deal.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Er....good for him?:dunno:

He will find a way to feel disrespected, somehow, and make them regret this deal.

Not our problem.:yes:

:alien::alien:

[QUOTE=jetsmetsrangers;3041084]+1.......I can't begrudge the guy leaving for more money, the guy played hurt and started 124 of 128 games the last 8 years despite many injuries including playing on a bad toe for a full season and multiple concussions....

Fans want their players to play hurt and through pain and want their wideouts especially to be tough over the middle, Coles gave the Jets just that...

......He could have taken games off because of the concussions and such but continued to play every week although it probably had a negative impact on his career....

In my view he earned his money for the most part and actually did the Jets a favor by letting them out of the 7 million cap hit this year....I don't blame the Jets for not wanting to give him another contract extension but it does not bother me he secured a better deal elsewhere.....[/QUOTE]

... + 2 ...

... appreciate what L-C did on the field ... week in - week out ...

... L-C took his lunch pail to work every day for us ... when IT was on the line we never had to worry about him failing in the clutch for us ... if the ball was around him L-C would have it ... even if a mac-truck to the head was to follow ...

... it was a great move getting him back in the swap for sideline santana ... unfortunately we can't invest in the wr position what he can get on the open market in the salary-cap era of football ...

... good for L-C for getting his money ...

... although his production will be missed ... good for us also ... i like how rex is distributing the cap money around ... indications are more focus on TJ between the tackles, LW around the corner, & Defense, Defense, Defense ... can't wait !! ...

l_j_r

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=VictorGreen;3040567][url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/03/exnew_york_wide_receiver_coles.html[/url][/QUOTE]

This is The Bengals reaction to losing Houshmanzadeh. The WR market was very thin. Coles took a gamble and cashed in. Personally, I like Coles better as a player than T.J. Provided that he can stay healthy, which of late is a huge question mark.

[QUOTE=hatnlvr;3041077]The Bengals were desperate after Housh left so they jumped on LC. As far as LC this is the 2nd time he ran from the Jets for more money! The guy obviously only has 1 loyalty and thats his pocket so "Good-bye and Good riddance"![/QUOTE]

agreed. and that's [B]always[/B] been his deal off the field. loyalty is a joke. money talks. and he was obsessed with his contract status as far as that aspect --- where loyalty clearly doesn't exist -regarding LC and most others. But again LC was obsessed to a fault compared to most other players.

pretty much always represented and was good for us on the football field... but it was definitely time.. not a number 1 anymore.. or the 1 that we need at least, and glad he let us off the hook contractually... was truly a blessing..

his money act has been beyond tiring.

as far as that goes.. "Good-bye and Good riddance"!

[QUOTE=John_0515;3040569]F' that.

Just shows you he's looking for money.[/QUOTE]

As opposed to the rest of the NFL players? :rolleyes:

What, Bart Scott just wanted to be on the Jets so bad because he looks good in Green?

[QUOTE=jetsmetsrangers;3041084]+1.......I can't begrudge the guy leaving for more money, the guy played hurt and started 124 of 128 games the last 8 years despite many injuries including playing on a bad toe for a full season and multiple concussions....

In my view he earned his money for the most part and actually did the Jets a favor by letting them out of the 7 million cap hit this year....I don't blame the Jets for not wanting to give him another contract extension but it does not bother me he secured a better deal elsewhere.....[/QUOTE]

agreed. but off the field his mind was always and endlessly on his contract which gets annoying to say the least.