Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: #3 FA QB according to WalterFootball

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    watch out. its going to be the year of the rat. we have found our QB

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chica me Tipo;3040915]^^^ Yea, I was like wtf.

I guess thats nice praise though.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's nice praise, but pretty stupid.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;3040699]How come Ratliff is not listed as a FA (as all our other FA's are) on Warfish's '2009 jets player movement' sticky?[/QUOTE]

Ratliff was an Exclusive Rights Free Agent, which basically means the Jets can give him whatever contract they want and he has no choice whether to accept it.

Putting him on a list of "FA QBs" is not really accurate at all considering there was no chance that the Jets would decline to offer him a contract. Depending on the CBA, he will be a FA at the end of this two year contract.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3041216]Ratliff was an Exclusive Rights Free Agent, which basically means the Jets can give him whatever contract they want and he has no choice whether to accept it.

Putting him on a list of "FA QBs" is not really accurate at all considering there was no chance that the Jets would decline to offer him a contract. Depending on the CBA, he will be a FA at the end of this two year contract.[/QUOTE]

it's just a hype thing. that writer is jumping on the bandwagon. The guy has never thrown a pass in the NFL and he's ranked on the top list of FAs.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=John_0515;3041223]it's just a hype thing. that writer is jumping on the bandwagon. The guy has never thrown a pass in the NFL and he's ranked on the top list of FAs.[/quote]

Walter Cherepinsky is not a Jet fan and he's very well respected for his talent evaluations. I'm sure Ham can vouch for him.

Just sayin.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;3041251]Walter Cherepinsky is not a Jet fan and he's very well respected for his talent evaluations. I'm sure Ham can vouch for him.

Just sayin.[/QUOTE]

I think he's saying that with respect to why was he put on that list in the first place when he's not actually available.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;3041251]Walter Cherepinsky is not a Jet fan and he's very well respected for his talent evaluations. [B][U]I'm sure Ham[/U][/B] can vouch for him.

Just sayin.[/QUOTE]

Was Walter Cherepinsky high on Mike Williams and Matt Jones as well?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=crasherino;3041256]I think he's saying that with respect to why was he put on that list in the first place when he's not actually available.[/quote]

I don't think so crash. Read his post again.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;3041251]Walter Cherepinsky is not a Jet fan and he's very well respected for his talent evaluations. I'm sure Ham can vouch for him.

Just sayin.[/QUOTE]

It's easy to agree with a writer, when he writes what you want to hear.

In this instance Jordy, I can't agree with someone who puts an undrafted player who's never thrown a ball in the regular season, or against a first string defense in a game situation, with a list of people who have accomplished many things in the NFL. If you want to agree with that, you're welcomed to, but for me it makes absolutely zero sense, and I can't take it seriously. It's bandwagon hype IMO.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3041263]It's easy to agree with a writer, when he writes what you want to hear.

In this instance Jordy, I can't agree with someone who puts an undrafted player who's never thrown a ball in the regular season, or against a first string defense in a game situation, with a list of people who have accomplished many things in the NFL. If you want to agree with that, you're welcomed to, but for me it makes absolutely zero sense, and I can't take it seriously. It's bandwagon hype IMO.[/QUOTE]

Knock it off, you are going to ruin the thread by using common sense.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The new Walter Football mock draft posted today has us taking Chris "Beanie" Wells in the first and Louis Murphy in the second.

If Leon is going to get more touches why would we take a RB in the first? Andre Brown in the third makes much more sense.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=John_0515;3041263]It's easy to agree with a writer, when he writes what you want to hear.

In this instance Jordy, I can't agree with someone who puts an undrafted player who's never thrown a ball in the regular season, or against a first string defense in a game situation, with a list of people who have accomplished many things in the NFL. If you want to agree with that, you're welcomed to, but for me it makes absolutely zero sense, and I can't take it seriously. It's bandwagon hype IMO.[/quote]

Yeah except that Walter Cherepinsky evaluates players every day for a living who have never thrown a pass in the NFL. :rolleyes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=dassassin;3041272]The new Walter Football mock draft posted today has us taking Chris "Beanie" Wells in the first and Louis Murphy in the second.

If Leon is going to get more touches why would we take a RB in the first? Andre Brown in the third makes much more sense.[/quote]

I'm thinking BPA maybe. Wells and Moreno are intriguing. Thomas Jones won't be around forever.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;3041274]Yeah except that Walter Cherepinsky evaluates players every day for a living [B]who have never thrown a pass in the NFL[/B]. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

And what exactly does he "evaluate" them on?

The way they stand on the practice field? :rolleyes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=PatsFanTX;3041276]And what exactly does he "evaluate" them on?

The way they stand on the practice field? :rolleyes:[/quote]

That can't be a serious question TX. Can it? Really?

I thought you were better than that.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;3041277]That can't be a serious question TX. Can it? Really?

I thought you were better than that.[/QUOTE]

Come on Jordy, did you have kool aid instead of coffee this morning?

The ony way you can evaluate NFL players correctly is by watching what the do in [B]real games[/B] against [B]real defenses[/B].

What they do in training camp, practices and pre-season games is absolutely meaningless.

Come on, you are too smart to fall for this fodder.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;3041274]Yeah except that Walter Cherepinsky evaluates players every day for a living who have never thrown a pass in the NFL. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

And this is why he has a job with an NFL franchise as a talent scout?

Ratliff has never thrown a pass in the NFL. He's not good yet. Not even close. If he becomes a good QB, great, I'll be his biggest fan. Clemens is not good either, but at least he's played a little, albeit poorly. What did "Walter" say about Ryan Leaf, or Vernon Gholston for that matter? Talent means nothing if it isn't used properly in the NFL, and Ratliff's is still in question until he throws a TD pass against a first string defense under real game situations. Clemens couldn't succeed, but he was put in the worst situation possible. Brees sucked in the beginning. So did Aikman. Flacco struggled when he first started and learned quickly. He had a line, a running game, a few good receivers, and a great defense.

You want to believe Walter, but when people say "Clemens is the starter by a mile" you discredit that person immediately. Just like above you stated to the other poster "why do you discredit him, because you don't agree with what he says?" I list reasons WHY Ratliff isn't my choice. I've done so from the beginning. Most people who support Ratliff say things like "I watch football", or "the front office likes him".

Being realistic trumps fantasyland anyday.

Does Gholston stink? YES
    Does Clemens stink? YES
    Did Sutton stink? YES
    Is Ratliff a good NFL QB? NO

Can they all change their status? YES

Realistically, who has the best chance of succeeding between Ratliff and Clemens THIS YEAR? Clemens. I want both QBs to get equal time in training camp, but believing that Ratliff will succeed above Clemens is silly, and has a very low chance of happening.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=PatsFanTX;3041279]Come on Jordy, did you have kool aid instead of coffee this morning?

The ony way you can evaluate NFL players correctly is by watching what the do in [B]real games[/B] against [B]real defenses[/B].

What they do in training camp, practices and pre-season games is absolutely meaningless.

Come on, you are too smart to fall for this fodder.[/quote]

I don't know TX. How does he evaluate all those college players who have never taken a snap in the NFL or even a pre-season game for that matter?

What's the big deal anyway. Ranking Ratliff above Kerry Collins is not earth shattering. Collins is a very average NFL QB.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=John_0515;3041292]And this is why he has a job with an NFL franchise as a talent scout?

Ratliff has never thrown a pass in the NFL. He's not good yet. Not even close. If he becomes a good QB, great, I'll be his biggest fan. Clemens is not good either, but at least he's played a little, albeit poorly. What did "Walter" say about Ryan Leaf, or Vernon Gholston for that matter? Talent means nothing if it isn't used properly in the NFL, and Ratliff's is still in question until he throws a TD pass against a first string defense under real game situations. Clemens couldn't succeed, but he was put in the worst situation possible. Brees sucked in the beginning. So did Aikman. Flacco struggled when he first started and learned quickly. He had a line, a running game, a few good receivers, and a great defense.

You want to believe Walter, but when people say "Clemens is the starter by a mile" you discredit that person immediately. Just like above you stated to the other poster "why do you discredit him, because you don't agree with what he says?" I list reasons WHY Ratliff isn't my choice. I've done so from the beginning. Most people who support Ratliff say things like "I watch football", or "the front office likes him".

Being realistic trumps fantasyland anyday.

Does Gholston stink? YES
    Does Clemens stink? YES
    Did Sutton stink? YES
    Is Ratliff a good NFL QB? NO

Can they all change their status? YES

Realistically, who has the best chance of succeeding between Ratliff and Clemens THIS YEAR? Clemens. I want both QBs to get equal time in training camp, but believing that Ratliff will succeed above Clemens is silly, and has a very low chance of happening.[/quote]

John, you get way too worked up over Brett Ratliff.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;3041295]John, you get way too worked up over Brett Ratliff.[/QUOTE]

If you knew me, I'm not a bad guy, I just get worked up easily about stupid things. I've been on airplanes that have exploded in midair and not skipped a beat, but someone will steal my french fry and I'll cut his finger off.

I love you too.