Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: #3 FA QB according to WalterFootball

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote=John_0515;3041292]You want to believe Walter, but when people say [B]"Clemens is the starter by a mile"[/B] you discredit that person immediately. Just like above you stated to the other poster "why do you discredit him, because you don't agree with what he says?" I list reasons WHY Ratliff isn't my choice. I've done so from the beginning. Most people who support Ratliff say things like "I watch football", or "the front office likes him".

Being realistic trumps fantasyland anyday.

Does Gholston stink? YES
    Does Clemens stink? YES
    Did Sutton stink? YES
    Is Ratliff a good NFL QB? NO

Can they all change their status? YES

[B]Realistically, who has the best chance of succeeding between Ratliff and Clemens THIS YEAR? Clemens. I want both QBs to get equal time in training camp, but believing that Ratliff will succeed above Clemens is silly, and has a very low chance of happenin[/B]g.[/quote]

Wait a minute! You're actually quoting something Greg ****ing Buttle said about a QB? Now I know the depths to which you'll go to prop up your boy Clemens.

As for the last part. Let's wait and see what happens. When Ratliff bombs in the pre-season, I'll come on here and admit he sucks. Until then, I'm in his corner.

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote=John_0515;3041298]If you knew me, I'm not a bad guy, I just get worked up easily about stupid things. I've been on airplanes that have exploded in midair and not skipped a beat, but someone will steal my french fry and I'll cut his finger off.

[B]I love you too[/B].[/quote]

No homo, right?

Banned
    [QUOTE=Jordy;3041294]I don't know TX. [B]How does he evaluate all those college players who have never taken a snap in the NFL or even a pre-season game for that matter[/B]?

What's the big deal anyway. Ranking Ratliff above Kerry Collins is not earth shattering. Collins is a very average NFL QB.[/QUOTE]

And that's exactly why the draft is a crap shoot Jordy.

Because you can not, with 100% accuracy, determine how any player will play in the NFL until you see them perform [B][U]in real NFL games[/U][/B].

The only thing teams try to accomplish with all these pre-NFL evaluations in to minimize their mistakes, and not try and find the next diamond in the rough.

[QUOTE=Jordy;3041301]No homo, right?[/QUOTE]

If you knew me, you'd definitely know NO HOMO too.

I just want to win a freakin championship. Just once. Then I can die in peace.

[QUOTE=Jordy;3041300]Wait a minute! You're actually quoting something Greg ****ing Buttle said about a QB? Now I know the depths to which you'll go to prop up your boy Clemens.

As for the last part. Let's wait and see what happens. When Ratliff bombs in the pre-season, I'll come on here and admit he sucks. Until then, I'm in his corner.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a Greg Buttle fan, and I would never use anything he said to prove my point.

No offense Greg. He's got the green Jet goggles all the way.

I watched Jets Nation the other day. Lucas was more realistic than Buttle.

Banned
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3041305]

No offense Greg. [B]He's got the green Jet goggles all the way[/B].

[/QUOTE]

What's his username here on the board?

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote=PatsFanTX;3041303]And that's exactly why the draft is a crap shoot Jordy.

Because you can not, with 100% accuracy, determine how any player will play in the NFL until you see them perform [B][U]in real NFL games[/U][/B].

The only thing teams try to accomplish with all these pre-NFL evaluations in to minimize their mistakes, and not try and find the next diamond in the rough.[/quote]

I agree. But like I alluded to in the part of my post you didn't put in bold, it's not as if he put Ratliff on some high pedastal. The names below him are mostly JAGS and many of them are sitting at home waiting for phonecalls that haven't come since FA started. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote=John_0515;3041305]I'm not a Greg Buttle fan, and I would never use anything he said to prove my point.

No offense Greg. He's got the green Jet goggles all the way.

I watched Jets Nation the other day. Lucas was more realistic than Buttle.[/quote]

****. Buttle reads this? Um, hi Greg. Hey, I'm a Penn State Alum as well. Loved your work with the Jets. I used to eat and drink at your restaurant on Hempstead Turnpike.

P.S. What brand of hair dye do you use? I need to get me some of that. :D

[QUOTE=Jordy;3041314]****. Buttle reads this? Um, hi Greg. Hey, I'm a Penn State Alum as well. Loved your work with the Jets. I used to eat and drink at your restaurant on Hempstead Turnpike.

P.S. What brand of hair dye do you use? I need to get me some of that. :D[/QUOTE]

My favorite Penn St. linebacker was Lance Mehl.

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote=John_0515;3041319]My favorite Penn St. linebacker was Lance Mehl.[/quote]

One of the most underrated players ever to don a jersey. Played in Buttle's shadow for a few years. Had an amazing 7 INT's one season.

He was shocked years ago when I recognized him at LaGuardia.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3041258]Was Walter Cherepinsky high on Mike Williams and Matt Jones as well?[/QUOTE]

No but Ham was...Next to the Madden curse beware the power of the Ham..:eek: