Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No surprise -Jets were healthiest team in NFL in 2008

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

No surprise -Jets were healthiest team in NFL in 2008

See link to FO article:

[url]http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2009/2008-adjusted-games-lost#comment-699117[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yet we still blew it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't remember anyone really getting hurt but Eric Smith (Boldin) and David Clowney in preseason... Jeez Forgot Harris...

Can't pull up the article but who else was there?
    Last edited by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite; 03-10-2009 at 11:53 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3041348]Yet we still blew it.[/QUOTE]

Wow, the healthiest team in the NFL winds up with a 3rd place finish in the AFCE.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah but unfortunately the only guy who was injured played the last 5 games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3041356]Wow, the healthiest team in the NFL winds up with a 3rd place finish in the AFCE.[/QUOTE]

Funny, we still effectively ended your season ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Other than David Harris NO ONE from our core got hurt.

No one.

Our O-line was intact all year.

RBs? Can't count Chatman, but the rest healthy.

WRs and TEs? Nope.

QB? Favre? Maybe he should have.

D-line no issues.

LBs (other than Harris)? Nada.

DBs? Healthy all year (Smith getting hurt opened it up for Elam).

Kickers? Special teams? Feely was more than adequate.

We had NO major injuries other than Harris. Nothing catastrophic.

We can't even hope that next year will be as easy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3041356]Wow, the healthiest team in the NFL winds up with a 3rd place finish in the AFCE.[/QUOTE]

And surprisingly the same number of playoff victories as the Pats.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3041372]And surprisingly the same number of playoff victories as the Pats.[/QUOTE]

Did you see where the Pats finished on that list compared to the Jets? :rolleyes:

Also, losing the best QB in the NFL for the entire season didn't help matters.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3041375]Did you see where the Pats finished on that list compared to the Jets? :rolleyes:

Also, losing the best QB in the NFL for the entire season didn't help matters.[/QUOTE]

And having to count on the Jets to get into the playoffs doesn't help either :D

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3041369]Other than David Harris NO ONE from our core got hurt.

No one.

[/QUOTE]

Nugent got an ingrown toe nail in the opener against the Phins.

At the time, he was the Jets starting PK.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3041375]Did you see where the Pats finished on that list compared to the Jets? :rolleyes:

Also, losing the best QB in the NFL for the entire season didn't help matters.[/QUOTE]

You probably would have had a decent shot to go to the playoffs and do something there considering the way the playoffs transpired.

But instead you had new years dinner with us.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And the Jets were rolling at 8-3 as Favre became comfortable in the offense after joining us late during the middle of training camp, then he got hurt.

When you lose or your starting QB gets hurt during the last half of the season, it affects a team. Same can be said for Jenkins back injury.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't buy it...I think Favre and Jenkins weren't close to healthy down the stretch...quality > quantity.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;3041366]Funny, we still effectively ended your season ;)[/QUOTE]

LOL man I watched that final Miami game w/a bunch of my friends which are all Pats fans since i live like 30 minutes outside of Boston and after Favres last pick I was so mad but Baltimore was blowing out Jacksonville so if we won the Pats would of made the playoffs but we were eliminated either way so i was very quiet and frusturated until the game was over and then I just raised my arms in the air and said "We eliminated the Patriots" w/a smile on my face and all my boys were saying man now I know how much it sucks to be a Jets fan when your team loses and your happy, but hey its a nice complimentry prize to eliminate the Pats, better then us winning and they make the playoffs...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont recall the Pats trading for Peyton Manning last year or him getting hurt.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;3041409]LOL man I watched that final Miami game w/a bunch of my friends which are all Pats fans since i live like 30 minutes outside of Boston and after Favres last pick I was so mad but Baltimore was blowing out Jacksonville so if we won the Pats would of made the playoffs but we were eliminated either way so i was very quiet and frusturated until the game was over and then I just raised my arms in the air and said "We eliminated the Patriots" w/a smile on my face and all my boys were saying man now I know how much it sucks to be a Jets fan when your team loses and your happy, but hey its a nice complimentry prize to eliminate the Pats, better then us winning and they make the playoffs...[/QUOTE]

I had mixed feelings about it as well...

The whole Chad debacle (not that I miss him) Favre's last 5 games, Our inept secondary/LB core... Jenks losing his lock on the middle.

You could tell it was going to end bad but at the end of the day, give it to Miami because I knew they'd be one and done...

It all worked out though. Now, we're back to being offseason champs and ready to get our hopes up for another season :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets31;3041413]I dont recall the Pats trading for Peyton Manning or [B]Drew Brees[/B] last year or them getting hurt.[/QUOTE]

FIXED

:D

[IMG]http://www.lolpats.com/images/epic_fail.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A) As touched on, there is a big difference between being healthy, and being healthy enough to play. Favre and Jenkins obviously faded down the stretch due to injuries.

B) I do believe that being healthy to some degree is a repeatable skill. Some players are just more durable then others. You see it all the time in professional sports where some players are just "Injury Prone". The Jets have done a pretty good job over the years in avoiding (or moving) those types.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3041399]

When you lose or your starting QB gets hurt during the last half of the season, it affects a team.

[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't.

That's why teams have back-up QB's.

Pats didn't miss a beat at the QB position when Brady went down.

If Favre was hurt, someone else should have taken his place.