Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No surprise -Jets were healthiest team in NFL in 2008

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3041438]No it doesn't.

That's why teams have back-up QB's.

Pats didn't miss a beat at the QB position when Brady went down.

If Favre was hurt, someone else should have taken his place.[/QUOTE]

Yes it does.

Favre played hurt, but he'll never take himself out, and has always been known to play through injuries, at that point in the season, he tried to push through it.

The Pats missed a beat enough to miss the playoffs, there was a transition process when Cassel came in, had he come in during the 2nd half of the season, it's an entirely different situation.

Stop pretending you have a clue, because you don't.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 03-10-2009 at 12:43 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3041428]A) As touched on, there is a big difference between being healthy, and being healthy enough to play. Favre and Jenkins obviously faded down the stretch due to injuries.

[B]B) I do believe that being healthy to some degree is a repeatable skill. Some players are just more durable then others. You see it all the time in professional sports where some players are just "Injury Prone". The Jets have done a pretty good job over the years in avoiding (or moving) those types.[/B]

[/QUOTE]

Great point venom! One thing that also should be noted we have a lot of players younger than 30 years old and that also limits the chance that they are injury prone...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    jenkins? Seemed the wheels came off the 2nd 1/2...whether it's an injury or just wear and tear. Favre & Jenkins who were so good up til december just completely flat-lined...they didnt miss games but they werent the same

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

kind of contradicting yourself there...if your saying you didn't miss a beat at the qb position then you cant brag about how you finished ahead of the jets while still losing a top 5 qb for the season...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;3041424]FIXED

:D

[IMG]http://www.lolpats.com/images/epic_fail.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Doesn't Brady look happy lying under 2 big burly men?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He looks at peace with himself :)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as I hate Brady and the Pats goota disagree with you there, Cassell did an excellent job considering circumstances but Brady IS the best QB in the league and as a Pats fan you know that, I gives huge props for the way BB kept that team together and groomed Cassell but Matty was pretty incacurate on deep balls, w/Brady you should of beating Indy and probably win another game or two w/o going back and looking at the schedule....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;3041782]As much as I hate Brady and the Pats goota disagree with you there, Cassell did an excellent job considering circumstances but Brady IS the best QB in the league and as a Pats fan you know that, I gives huge props for the way BB kept that team together and groomed Cassell but Matty was pretty incacurate on deep balls, w/Brady you should of beating Indy and probably win another game or two w/o going back and looking at the schedule....[/QUOTE]

Do you think Cassell will play as well this year in KC as he did in NE? Is it a product of BB and the supporting cast, or is Cassell that good? This brings up the question of whether Brady is that good as well, or if BB and company make him even better.

I give major props to BB, even though I want to punch him in the face.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3041793]

This brings up the question of whether Brady is that good as well, or if BB and company make him even better.

[/QUOTE]

Who were Brady's WR's and RB's when he won 3 Super Bowls with the Pats? :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3041795]Who were Brady's WR's and RB's when he won 3 Super Bowls with the Pats? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm not contesting his abilities, I just wonder if BB has something to do with the way he plays. BB seems to bring out the best in everyone.

Brady
    Moss
    Cassell
    A.Thomas
    Welker

the list goes on

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3041796]Yes, I'm not contesting his abilities, I just wonder if BB has something to do with the way he plays. [B][U]BB seems to bring out the best in everyone[/U][/B].

Brady
    Moss
    Cassell
    A.Thomas
    Welker

the list goes on[/QUOTE]

Isn't that exactly what a HC is suppose to do? ;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3041795]Who were Brady's WR's and RB's when he won 3 Super Bowls with the Pats? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

How many SB's has Noodle Leg won since SpyGate ended? :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3041799]Isn't that exactly what a HC is suppose to do? ;)[/QUOTE]

See Mangini and Edwards

Honestly TX, it's one thing BB has that separates him from other NFL coaches besides his super genius videotaping strategies. He does this better than anyone in recent memory, minus Cowher. Can you list anyone else? Parcells maybe? Maybe.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3041805]See Mangini and Edwards

Honestly TX, it's one thing BB has that separates him from other NFL coaches besides his super genius videotaping strategies. He does this better than anyone in recent memory, minus Cowher. [B]Can you list anyone else[/B]? Parcells maybe? Maybe.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I can't.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3041835]Nope, I can't.[/QUOTE]

A little humility wouldn't hurt either TX.;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    are you using injuries as the excuse why the patsies finished out of the playoffs????? how about not being able to beat the doltfins or even the jets during the season. surely they could have beaten both hose teams at least one more time.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3041375]Did you see where the Pats finished on that list compared to the Jets? :rolleyes:

Also, losing the best QB in the NFL for the entire season didn't help matters.[/QUOTE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3041793]Do you think Cassell will play as well this year in KC as he did in NE? Is it a product of BB and the supporting cast, or is Cassell that good? This brings up the question of whether Brady is that good as well, or if BB and company make him even better.

I give major props to BB, even though I want to punch him in the face.[/QUOTE]

IMO Brady is an excellent QB but having that great D and kicker and ofcourse BB is the reason he has 3 rings because nobody does it on their own but Brady didn't have a lot of talent besides the O Line around him either during that run. In terms of Cassell he had tons of talent playing with him, BB put him it situations to succeed but in all honesty I think he's good but I don't believe he is great, Brady to me is definatley great but we'll see next year how good Cassell is.....