Thread: David Beckham's deal

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

David Beckham's deal

I'm not much of a soccer fan. I'll watch it every now and then, and watched a lot of the last World Cup....

So can someone explain to me how David Beckham can play for two teams at the same time?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a good question. I do'nt know.

I'm guessing MLS season is over so Galaxy have loaned him to Milan for the rest of the European season, but want him back once the MLS season starts. Chances are, he'll stay in Milan.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleasetheAnimal View Post
    I'm not much of a soccer fan. I'll watch it every now and then, and watched a lot of the last World Cup....

So can someone explain to me how David Beckham can play for two teams at the same time?
    I believe he's on loan at Milan. During the loan spell he can't play for LA. So he's actually not playing for two teams at once.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah that is wha has happened, AC have just extended his loan till the end of the season so he is still a LA Galaxy player, he will then join up with Galaxy for the 2009 season and then in October is due to go back to Milan for a second loan spell.

Can't say I blame him for going to Milan, he wants to carry on playing for England and play in the 2010 world cup and knows that Capello won't pick him unless he is playing at a high level.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    I believe he's on loan at Milan. During the loan spell he can't play for LA. So he's actually not playing for two teams at once.
    That's correct. He was able to extend his stay in Milan until their season is over before returning to LA.

Personally, I think it's a great compromise. He really makes a difference when he's on the pitch.