Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: If you're not watching Syracuse - UCONN right now, you suck. Hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx View Post
    A great game..tremendous effort by all those kids..and the fans were great.
    Tremendously entertaining.

But c'mon..be real. This was a glorified regular season game.

UConn will still be a #1 seed...
    Syracuse will be a high seed next Thursday or Friday.

No way you can possibly put this in the class of those great playoff ELIMINATION games.
    That's the only problem, it was a quarterfinal game in a conference tournament.

But at the same time, the Big East is the best conference in basketball, it was in the most famous arena of sports, and the fans were into it from whistle to whistle. To me it really doesn't matter if it didn't "mean anything", because those kids played like it was the NCAA Championship. This game was epic.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    That's the only problem, it was a quarterfinal game in a conference tournament.

But at the same time, the Big East is the best conference in basketball, it was in the most famous arena of sports, and the fans were into it from whistle to whistle. To me it really doesn't matter if it didn't "mean anything", because those kids played like it was the NCAA Championship. This game was epic.
    Paulie..I agree this was a tremendous game...I agree about The Big East..I agree about MSG....no doubt at all.

But without any "implications" for losing, this game can't possibly be put in the same class as the games he referenced.

Think Duke-Kentucky for a Final Four berth riding on the Hill pass and the Laettner shot...and everything that led up to it.

That monumental battle is in the class of the games he mentioned...not last night's game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Those are my Boys!!

Hope they have something left.
    Congrats.

The benches were getting kinda thin. These games should be decided with the players who got you there. I say at some point, after say 2 OT's, you give them an extra foul. Those who've already fouled out are done? What do you guys think?

CUSE" is running on ADRENALINE!!! GO ORANGE!

guess those ots finally caught up with them, LETS GO CUSE in the Big Dance