Thread: my name is Justin

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

my name is Justin

Hello, im justin frick. for as long as i can remember, i have been a jets fan. i loved watching the "green team" when i was real little, and it has stuck ever since. im 19 years old, originally from union, nj, now from columbia, nj by the delaware water gap. i go to the university of scranton where i study exercise science and am pursuing a physical therapy career. i also play soccer for the team there.
    I am on JI all the time, but havent posted to much. i want to start posting more soon.. however, im studying abroad in australia from feb - june this year so i have no contact with american sports waht so ever, although i am having the time of my life. so JI has gotten me through all of the free agencies and what not. thanks for that! it seems like were headed in the right direction now that mandoofus is out of here.
    other than the jets, i follow the yankees, knicks, devils, red bulls, and seton hall basketball. i used to have season tickets in my uncles name for the jets, but he let them go with the psls. my dad, mom, and brother are all huge giants fans, and my dad recently took over his families giants tickets. my sister is a cowboys fan, i dont know how.

that pretty much sums it up for me. thanks!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... glad to have you onboard justin ...

... this is the perfect place for those of us not in the NY metro area anymore to get great info leading up to the draft, through the draft process and throughout training camp ... as many guys give us great reports of what they're seeing throughout ...

... whats the deal with australia? how'd that come about? what part are you in? what have you done so far and whats on the agenda to go do? ...

... it's top of my list as far as "must visit still" places ...

l_j_r

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol, L_J_R is like JI's official doorman

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    to be honest, i have had many opportunities given to me to travel, and many times go over seas to both tour the area and also play soccer. i just like visiting different places and taking in what other cultures and the country has to offer..

as for australia, i was looking to study abroad with a group of friends, and we landed on australia for the best place for both our major and for a great experience. we were in and out of the international studies office at school and only heard great things about australia... the weather, the attractions, the night life, and the culture. after it was all said and done, we chose southern cross university in lismore, new south wales. its about 20 minutes from the coast. my classes are only tuesday - thursday which gives me plenty of opportunity to go see the country.

they see kangaroos like we see deer: just obstacles in the road.. across the street from my dorm is a koala hospital, and all around campus i have seen kangaroos, koalas, parrots, and a bunch more. i have been to currumbin wildlife sanctuary which is a large open area of all the wildlife australia has to offer. they had a kangaroo area where you literally are just walking among them.. i have a lot of pictures petting kangaroos, holding a koala, and then just photos of the wildlife there...

besides that, i have been to a few beaches which are very nice. its their summer here, so i have an extended summer which pans out nice
    i have done some fishing, which i love to do at the jersey shore as well. i am also playing for a club soccer team here, and joined this poker league where i play once a week.

i also have some future plans: a friend from home has family in sydney. its a haul from where im at but i will probably leave on a thursday afternoon and stay until monday night. i also have a trip planned for my easter break at byron bay, which is a very well known beach here. its 5 days, 4 nights at a hotel, 2 meals a day and surfing lessons included. and it was included in my tuition, so no extra cost to me. other than that, i would like to take a trip to a hometown of someone i meet here. its been a great trip so far and i still have a long while left!

im also hoping to hear some more good jets news. i am loving some of these signings, and am excited to improve on last year! i probably wont post much just because i really dont hear anything besides JI.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    lol, L_J_R is like JI's official doorman

... hey, someone's gotta do it !! ...

l_j_r

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frickj2 View Post
    as for australia ....

... sounds awesome ... and also seems like you are taking it all in and appreciating it ... nice !!

l_j_r

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks yea i would say if it wasnt on your places to visit i would add it to the top of the list!