Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shonn Greene?

Shonn Greene?

Kinda reminds me of Willie Parker if the Jets took him in the second wouldn't be to bad a choice

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrWZwH9VVJU&NR=1[/url]

All League
    I've seen every game of his college career and don't see the similarities to Willie Parker. If I had to compare him to an NFL running back, the first that comes to mind is Michael Turner.

I'd love to see him in Green & White, actually I'd be about as happy as could be.

He looks like Ledale Betts/ Derrick ward. I would love to have him to compliment Leon.

[QUOTE=RhodesScholar25;3052495]Kinda reminds me of Willie Parker if the Jets took him in the second wouldn't be to bad a choice

[/QUOTE]

Willie Parker???

Derrick Ward
    Rudi Johnson
    Michael Turner

yea mor elike Michael turner but idk when i was watching it for some reason willie parker plus some more muscle came to mind maybe it was all the yellow and black haha

Hall Of Fame
    Wouldn't mind him at all..Saw alot of Iowa Hawkeyes games, this guy definetly has a NFL career.

[QUOTE=KellenIsTheFuture;3052564]Wouldn't mind him at all..Saw alot of Iowa Hawkeyes games, this guy definetly has a NFL career.[/QUOTE]

As far as value, he's my favorite RB in the draft.

Greene in the 2nd/3rd> Wells, Moreno in the 1st

Yeah, I love Greene. I'm a big Iowa fan and this guy was amazing this year.

I'd be thrilled with him at 52 or 76.

Jets Insider VIP
    1. Knowshon Moreno
    2. Chris Wells
    3. Donald Brown
    4. LeSean McCoy
    5. Shonn Greene

That's personally how I would rank this years Top 5 RB's.

Moreno is the clear cut #1 RB in this years draft class IMO. I really question Beanie's toughness especially for a guy as big as him.

If Moreno is still on the board at #17, I'm all in favor of taking him. I certainly wouldn't pass on him in favor of a guy like Freeman.

Greene is an interesting prospect and he could be a nice choice in round 2. He's the most likely of the Top 5 to be available at #52 IMO.

[QUOTE=Untouchable;3052723]1. Knowshon Moreno
    2. Chris Wells
    3. Donald Brown
    4. LeSean McCoy
    5. Shonn Greene

[/QUOTE]

+1, i agree with this ranking

All League
    He does look a lot Turner when he runs, wow.

All Pro
    2. Chris Wells
    3. Donald Brown
    4. LeSean McCoy
    5. Shonn Greene
    Greene is an interesting prospect and he could be a nice choice in round 2. He's the most likely of the Top 5 to be available at #52 IMO.[/QUOTE]

eeehhhh ya, i guess i agree with this ranking (although i think different teams will rank Wells/Moreno differently depending on the style of back they want to add).

I certainly don't see any of those 5 being there at #52 though. I think Brown is nearing a late first rnd pick from PHI or ARZ, which will leave only 2 high profile RBs left, triggering these 2 teams to act.

[B]CLE[/B] will almost certainly look at McCoy or Greene with the extra 2nd rnd pick,
    [B]SEA[/B] has to address this at some point. I'm shocked no one is talking about them looking at a back in the 2 rnds. They're going into the season with just Julius effing Jones... Wow.

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    2. Chris Wells
    3. Donald Brown
    4. [B]Shonn Greene[/B]
    5. [B]LeSean McCoy[/B]
    [/QUOTE]

I'd put Greene over McCoy.

I like Moreno, rather indifferent on Wells, but I think there's much better value at RB in the second round if we can nab one of Brown, McCoy, or Greene there. I don't think those guys are significantly worse then their 1st round counterparts.

I personally like Rashad Jennings and Andre Brown over Shonn Greene. He had a great year but he is older then most guys entering the draft. He is good but I say he goes in the 3rd and is the 7th RB to come off the board.

All League
    [QUOTE=jetsfaneh;3053204]I personally like Rashad Jennings and Andre Brown over Shonn Greene. He had a great year but he is older then most guys entering the draft. He is good but I say he goes in the 3rd and is the 7th RB to come off the board.[/QUOTE]

He is older than probably all of those guys, but I'd say it's safe to say he has far fewer miles on the tires than anyone else. He dind't play or practice as a Sophomore, and saw probably less than 50 total carries as a Fresman.

[QUOTE=iahawkeyejet;3053867]He is older than probably all of those guys, but I'd say it's safe to say he has far fewer miles on the tires than anyone else. He dind't play or practice as a Sophomore, and saw probably less than 50 total carries as a Fresman.[/QUOTE]

That's fine. He is a one year wonder. I think he is good. Rudi Johnson good. I just prefer a few of the other running backs that could be available in the 2nd round. He could be a good complimentary back for someone.

[QUOTE=jetsfaneh;3053886]That's fine. [b]He is a one year wonder.[/b] I think he is good. Rudi Johnson good. I just prefer a few of the other running backs that could be available in the 2nd round. He could be a good complimentary back for someone.[/QUOTE]

Runningback is the only position that would be considered a good thing, less mileage on the tires.

Great post, Green Eggs and Ham.

Greene makes the most sense for us out of any back in this Draft. The low mileage on his legs make him a prime candidate for a starting job once TJ is gone.

The Shonn Greene/Leon Washington combo could be fantastic.

All Pro
    i dunno. Last draft's one year wonder low milleage guy Mendenhal really showed his tread last year hey?
    I don't mind him, but i've seen nothing from the guy that screams "i can carry the rock & my team". He looks like good depth, but will always be part of a rotation.
    Marcel Shipp vol 2