Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Top 5 goaltenders in the NHL today?

  1. #1

    Top 5 goaltenders in the NHL today?

    who you got

    whos your number 1?

  2. #2
    1. Marty
    2. Luongo
    3. Kiprusoff
    4. Turco
    5. T. Thomas

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,369
    Quote Originally Posted by fers2k2 View Post
    1. Marty
    2. Luongo
    3. Kiprusoff
    4. Turco
    5. T. Thomas
    Really?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by fers2k2 View Post
    1. Marty
    2. Luongo
    3. Kiprusoff
    4. Turco
    5. T. Thomas
    I know Marty has had the better career, but i dont think he is better then Luongo today

  5. #5
    Marty is 15-3 this yr with 5 shutouts and he won the veinza just last yr i cant say hes slipping. Turco is very underrated ill never forget him for having 3 shutouts and still losing a series kipper when he is on is a top 3 goalie n hes team is doing outstanding this year

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,369
    Quote Originally Posted by fers2k2 View Post
    Marty is 15-3 this yr with 5 shutouts and he won the veinza just last yr i cant say hes slipping. Turco is very underrated ill never forget him for having 3 shutouts and still losing a series kipper when he is on is a top 3 goalie n hes team is doing outstanding this year
    The Stars are far from outstanding this year and no way is Turco a top 5 goalie this year for sure. Nabokov, Vokoun, Miller, Lundqvist and Cam Ward would all come before Turco and Kiprusoff IMO. Tim Thomas is top 5 this year but I wouldn't say he's top 5 amongst all the goalies in the NHL when you consider his recent body of work.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    bottom of a bottle
    Posts
    933
    No way should Cam Ward EVER be mentioned in a discussion of real goalies. 1 lucky playoff run on a severely overachieving team, and total and complete failure ever since, flop.

    1.) Marty, no debate.
    Therein after it's mostly down to who's-who-when

    Kipper, Luongo, Giguere, Miller, Lundqvist.

    Surely there's a few other borderline guys, but those are the real biggies methinks.

    Nobody should buy into the Nabokov hype though, Brian Boucher is even looking Godly on that team, same goes for Tim Thomas.

  8. #8
    Hmmm, I missed this thread for some reason. Here goes:

    1. Marty

    2. Luongo

    3. Lundqvist

    4. Kiprusoff

    5. Nabokov

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Location, Location
    Posts
    212
    1. Brodeur

    2. Lundqvist

    3. Luongo

    4. Ward

    5. Thomas

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    I don't know who the TOP 5 are, but I know who #1 is, and that would be the man who is 18-6 Vs Marty H2H

    THE KING
    Yeah, because H2H tells the whole story. You can't make this stuff up .

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    bottom of a bottle
    Posts
    933
    At what?

    Don't get ahead of yourself now.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel7 View Post
    No way should Cam Ward EVER be mentioned in a discussion of real goalies. 1 lucky playoff run on a severely overachieving team, and total and complete failure ever since, flop.
    Have you been watching Cam Ward this year?

    I would take Cam Ward over Tim Thomas on any day that ends in a "Y."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us