Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metallica North American second leg. MSG Nov 14th!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend

Metallica North American second leg. MSG Nov 14th!!!

Back to North America for Fall '09
    3/22/2009

European Summer Vacation, part 2,347 will end on August 2, so that can only mean one thing ... more dates in the U.S. and Canada! We just rocked Austin at SXSW and are super psyched that we'll be back in North America visiting our friends in the Fall as the World Magnetic Tour keeps rolling on. We had an amazing time on the last run in '08 and early '09 and we are so ready to do it again!

Tickets go on sale either April 4 or April 11 - please see dates below and keep watching here for more information about on sale times and support acts. Met Clubbers, check [url]www.metclub.com[/url] for more info on pre-sales.

So here's how the rest of our 2009 looks:

September 14 Nashville, TN Sommet Center on sale April 4
    September 15 Cincinnati, OH US Bank Arena on sale April 4
    September 17 Indianapolis, IN Conseco Fieldhouse on sale April 11
    September 19 Montreal, QC Bell Centre on sale April 4
    September 28 San Antonio, TX AT&T Center on sale April 4
    September 29 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center on sale April 4
    October 1 Ft. Lauderdale, FL Bank Atlantic Center on sale April 4
    October 3 Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum on sale April 4
    October 4 Atlanta, GA Phillips Arena on sale April 4
    October 12 Winnipeg, MB MTS Centre on sale April 4
    October 13 Minneapolis, MN Target Center on sale April 4
    October 15 Cleveland, OH Quicken Loans Arena on sale April 4
    October 17 Charlottesville, VA JPJ Arena on sale April 11
    October 18 Charlotte, NC Charlotte Bobcats Arena on sale April 4
    October 26 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre on sale April 4
    October 29 Ottawa, ON Scotiabank Place on sale April 4
    October 31 Quebec City, QC Colisee Pepsi on sale April 4
    November 9 Grand Rapids, MI Van Andel Arena on sale April 4
    November 10 Buffalo, NY HSBC Arena on sale April 4
    November 12 Albany, NY Times Union Center on sale April 4
    November 14 New York, NY Madison Square Garden on sale April 11
    December 5 Las Vegas, NV Mandalay Bay on sale April 4
    December 7 Boise, ID Idaho Center on sale April 4
    December 8 Sacramento, CA ARCO Arena on sale April 4
    December 10 Anaheim, CA Honda Center on sale April 11
    December 12 San Jose, CA HP Pavillion on sale April 4

Veteran
    Awesome, you beat me to it.

I'll be at the Oct 1 and the MSG show.

I bet they add another MSG show if it sells out right away since they take a break from the 14th to Dec 7.

Hopefully the jets will play a home game Nov 15th so I can have two reasons to go to NY for the weekend.

Hall Of Fame
    Do either of you guys know about the Metallica club or the pre-sales for shows?
    I want to see them in Montreal.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3058152]Do either of you guys know about the Metallica club or the pre-sales for shows?
    I want to see them in Montreal.[/QUOTE]

Pre-sales are taking place the Wednesday before they go on sale to the general public.

The MSG show is April 8th.

Most other shows are April 1st.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Mario;3058223]Pre-sales are taking place the Wednesday before they go on sale to the general public.

The MSG show is April 8th.

Most other shows are April 1st.[/QUOTE]

Are you a member of the club? Do they mail the pre-sales tickets or do you have to pick them up at the box office?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3058237]Are you a member of the club? Do they mail the pre-sales tickets or do you have to pick them up at the box office?[/QUOTE]
    I'm a member. Yes you have to pick them up at the box office. It's totally worth it. I had fan club tix for 2 out of the 3 shows.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SBIII;3058332]I'm a member. Yes you have to pick them up at the box office. It's totally worth it. I had fan club tix for 2 out of the 3 shows.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply Supe. I wouldn't mid dropping $45 as long as I knew I'd be in the first half of the floor or first half of the first level.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3058343]Thanks for the reply Supe. I wouldn't mid dropping $45 as long as I knew I'd be in the first half of the floor or first half of the first level.[/QUOTE]

It's a guarantee. You can choose GA or first level. And the fan club seat in the actual seats they are towards the middle sections so you are not in the corners. I had GA for the Nassau show, and Newark Night 1. Night 2 of Newark I was 9th row left of the fan club seats.

I was on the rail for the first show.. amazing.

[IMG]http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/sbiiichamps/photo10.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SBIII;3058374]It's a guarantee. You can choose GA or first level. And the fan club seat in the actual seats they are towards the middle sections so you are not in the corners. I had GA for the Nassau show, and Newark Night 1. Night 2 of Newark I was 9th row left of the fan club seats.

I was on the rail for the first show.. amazing.

[IMG]http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/sbiiichamps/photo10.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Incredible!

Can you do me a favor? Can you see if they have announced a pre-sale date for Montreal on September 19? I tried to get in the website but I didn't have a password. I want to make sure the Canadian concerts are included in the pre-sales. If so, I'll join.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3058390]Incredible!

Can you do me a favor? Can you see if they have announced a pre-sale date for Montreal on September 19? I tried to get in the website but I didn't have a password. I want to make sure the Canadian concerts are included in the pre-sales. If so, I'll join.[/QUOTE]

September 19 Montreal, QC Bell Centre on sale April 1

Yep, April 1st is the Metclub pre sale for Sept 19th.
    Last edited by SBIII; 03-23-2009 at 06:02 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SBIII;3058542]September 19 Montreal, QC Bell Centre on sale April 1

Yep, April 1st is the Metclub pre sale for Sept 19th.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your help, muh man.:yes:

Veteran
    Its definitely worth it. I have a membership and bought 6 tickets to two of the shows in January (boston and first newark night). Both of those shows sold out right when they went on sale. Tickets that I bought were going for 4-5 times their face value.

I'd rather sign up for the fan club and pay an additional $7.5 a ticket (45/6) than get upper level seats.

MArio any chance you have a code to share with a hard core fan before 10PM tonight so I can get some good seats??

For the indianapolis show on 9/17

Please...
    Last edited by comp1demon; 04-09-2009 at 06:06 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=comp1demon;3081534]MArio any chance you have a code to share with a hard core fan before 10PM tonight so I can get some good seats??

Please...[/QUOTE]

Mario would have to pick up the tickets at the window.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=comp1demon;3081534]MArio any chance you have a code to share with a hard core fan before 10PM tonight so I can get some good seats??

For the indianapolis show on 9/17

Please...[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but its not a general code. If I use my code, you could only get your tickets if I showed my id at the will call office. If I was going to the show I'd let you use it.

However, there is a radio presale today it looks like. I'm sure a simple google search or going to the radio station 103 something will get you the code.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3081549]Mario would have to pick up the tickets at the window.[/QUOTE]

Hey Timmy,

Did you get tickets for either night in Montreal?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Mario;3081964]Hey Timmy,

Did you get tickets for either night in Montreal?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I got 2 tickets from the presale for first night Montreal. The Canadian sales were a little different than US sales. I didn't have to use my code, instead I had to logon to the club page to find the generic code everyone used. That means people could give the code to their friends. There was also someone selling the code on Ebay for ten bucks. I got in front of the stage, but a little further back than I might have wanted. Toward the back of the first level. Still, a lot better than I would have got in the public sale.

The good news is, the tickets are being mailed to me rather than pickup , so if I can't go I can sell them.

For the record. At 10:00:11 AM this morning, no tickets were available for MSG. But for everyone's convience, ticketmaster now has the entire stadium available for an average of $300 a ticket.

Ticketmaster Now = Concert PSL's :steamin::steamin::steamin:

Veteran
    [QUOTE=LIDeadHead;3083219]For the record. At 10:00:11 AM this morning, no tickets were available for MSG. But for everyone's convience, ticketmaster now has the entire stadium available for an average of $300 a ticket.

Ticketmaster Now = Concert PSL's :steamin::steamin::steamin:[/QUOTE]

They just added a second show on Nov 15th, tickets are available...

I just read online that they are having a sale for tickets they held aside on monday for metallica club members. It wouldnt be a bad move to join the club for $40 and get pretty good seats at face value on monday.
    Last edited by Mario; 04-11-2009 at 10:36 AM.

The email I got said the 14th (sat.) show was the 2nd added show. That was sold out the moment they went "onsale". At 10:02 Ticketsnow had a TON of seats available. How is that even possible less then 2 minutes after they went onsale?

Anyway, I bought 2 nice nosebleeds for $173 for Sunday. :O