Thread: Milan, Inter, Chelsea Coming to USA!

Milan, Inter, Chelsea Coming to USA!

Club America too --
    Chelsea, Inter, Club America and AC Milan to face off in U.S.

NEW YORK -- AC Milan will play rival Inter Milan at Foxborough, Mass., on July 26 as part of a four-club, six-city tournament that also includes Chelsea and Club America.

Inter, closing in on its fourth straight Italian Serie A title, opens what's called the World Football Challenge on July 19 against Club America at Stanford Stadium in California. Inter then plays Chelsea two days later at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif.

AC Milan, a seven-time European champion, faces Club America on July 22 at the Georgia Dome and meets Chelsea two days later at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore. Chelsea at Club America play July 26 in one of the first events at the Dallas Cowboys' new stadium in Arlington, Texas.

ESPN will televise all six matches on its networks.

Chelsea, which will train in the United States for the fifth time in six years, also will play at Seattle's new Major League Soccer team on July 18. AC Milan will play the Los Angeles Galaxy the following day at Carson, Calif., part of the deal that extended David Beckham's loan with the Italian club through the end of the Serie A season.

World Football Challenge match schedule

Sunday, July 19

Club America vs. Inter at Stanford Stadium (Palo Alto, Calif.)

7 p.m. ET on ESPN2

Tuesday, July 21

Chelsea vs. Inter at the Rose Bowl (Pasadena, Calif.)

11 p.m. ET on ESPN2

Wednesday, July 22

AC Milan vs. Club America at the Georgia Dome (Atlanta, Ga.)

7 p.m. ET on ESPN2

Friday, July 24

AC Milan vs. Chelsea at M&T Bank Stadium (Baltimore, Md.)

8 p.m. ET on ESPN

Sunday, July 26

AC Milan vs. Inter at Gillette Stadium (Foxborough, Mass.)

5 p.m. ET on ESPN2

Sunday, July 26

Chelsea vs. Club America at Cowboy Stadium (Arlington, Texas)

7 p.m. ET on ESPN2
    Milan - Chelsea in Baltimore might be a little closer, but I am DEFINITELY going to see Milan - Inter in Foxborough. Book it, done. The only way I'd ever see that another time would be in Italy.

My friend and I are talking about making it a sports weekend in Boston: Red Sox game on Saturday (always wanted to see a game at Fenway) and then the Milan "Derby" on Sunday. Can't wait!!

Wow, Milan-Inter in your own back yard! Christmas came early for you this year Paulie!

Glad to see they finalized the game for Atlanta. I heard rumors of this last week, but obviously it wasn't finalized til today.

Friendlies or not, this will be great time for something that doesn't come around often enough.

Yeah, I mean, I know it's not going to be top-shelf soccer with fierce competition, but where else can I see an actual Milan derby match without flying to Italy?

I went to buy tickets online today and it asks what section you want to sit in, if you are a Milan supporter or Inter supporter -- pretty funny. Something you never see for an American sport.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Yeah, I mean, I know it's not going to be top-shelf soccer with fierce competition, but where else can I see an actual Milan derby match without flying to Italy?

I went to buy tickets online today and it asks what section you want to sit in, if you are a Milan supporter or Inter supporter -- pretty funny. Something you never see for an American sport.
    Don't forget these

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I wouldn't write it off. We say here that if you paint two bugs, one red-yellow the other blue-yellow and make them race you'll probably get some people to cheer for them.

It's never friendly when you're playing your rival. I wouldn't miss it.

Where's Juventus?

Quote Originally Posted by msujetfan 89 View Post
    Where's Juventus?
    No Juventus this time. Kind of sucks, I would have liked to see Buffon and Iaquinta in action.