Thread: Father of three futbol players (Girls)

Father of three futbol players (Girls)

Just a break from the norm fellas...

I thought, I'd share my own soccer interest's, local to where I live in NC...Two of my three daughters play in the "Classic" league for CUFC (Charlotte United Futbol Club)...and the youngest just turned 6 and she's playing as well. My three daughters have been playing since they were 4. They've all started off in a "Micro" league and have continued to this point...My eldest is currently playing in the girls U-12, the other, is in the girls U-10 and the youngest on a U-7 "REC" team. I have to admit, prior to my daughters playing this beautiful sport, just like Golf, I hated Soccer! Growing up in Brooklyn and Queens, you played Football and softball behind the Bank on asphalt...across the street there was a building wall we used for handball (Hindu's included), further down the block it was "stick ball", slap ball, stoop ball, whiffle ball etc...we didn't have organized sports to make mention of. But my wifey who was from L.I., she played organized soccer or futbol which ever you prefer...and it's because of my wife that our girls play...
    Anyway, since my daughters have started playing, I have grown to love this game as much as Football and Baseball and I spend my weekends watching them play...
    And here is one of the reasons why I love this game...
    This past weekend my daughters U-10 team went to the "Jefferson Cup" in Richmond, VA and came home with the Championship...mind you, they are only 10, but the Jefferson Cup is considered to be one of the more. "Premier" tourney's nation wide and brings in talent for across the country...
    Here's a little write up from the CUFC's website and their achievement from this past weekend.

http://www.charlotteunited.com/news-...34CC604245B5D0

In the picture, the one that belongs to me, is all the way on the left standing up...she mostly play's RF and can play any of the fullback positions!

Great story, Green. And once again we see that soccer is only for little girls.

Just kidding, cool story, it's funny how you got into it because your kids play it. Congrats to the team on the big Jefferson Cup win.

Jets Insider VIP
    Cool story and congrats.

Now we want to see you posting in here during WC qualifiers and WC

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Great story, Green. And once again we see that soccer is only for little girls.

Just kidding, cool story, it's funny how you got into it because your kids play it. Congrats to the team on the big Jefferson Cup win.
    Thanks Pauliec...

funny comment on soccer being for little girls...and you're right, soccer is for little girls and in this case they just happen to be mine!

And it's because of them, I've come to appreciate the "Beautiful' game.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Cool story and congrats.

Now we want to see you posting in here during WC qualifiers and WC
    Thanks RD-

I will most certainly will...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwithin View Post
    Thanks Pauliec...

funny comment on soccer being for little girls...and you're right, soccer is for little girls and in this case they just happen to be mine!

And it's because of them, I've come to appreciate the "Beautiful' game.
    Your daughters probably play tougher than Italians.

Veteran

and better than the French (whose names aren't zidane)

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Call us when you guys actually win something.

Call us when you guys actually win something.
    LOL...Dare I say, Yes?

Turk- Spain vs Turkey...

March 28 and April 1st... and since I am of Spanish descent, what RaulDuke said in parting...LOL J/K.

Can't wait for those two matches

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwithin View Post
    LOL...Dare I say, Yes?

Turk- Spain vs Turkey...

March 28 and April 1st... and since I am of Spanish descent, what RaulDuke said in parting...LOL J/K.

Can't wait for those two matches
    You guys have an unreal attacking lineup Torres and Villa upfront is the best attacking duo right now IMO. But we always play better against good opposition and suck against ****ty teams. So I'm expecting a great couple of matches with lots of goals, maybe I'll go to the one here to watch Torres live.

Good luck, and welcome BTW.

You guys have an unreal attacking lineup Torres and Villa upfront is the best attacking duo right now IMO. But we always play better against good opposition and suck against ****ty teams. So I'm expecting a great couple of matches with lots of goals, maybe I'll go to the one here to watch Torres live.

Good luck, and welcome BTW.

Same to you...

As evident in Euro 2008...The Turks were unbelievable / relentless

Not that it matters much but I also have something in common with Fernando...his last name! But that it's, I don't ave his futbol skills or money! Ha...

Jets Insider VIP
    Cool we got a Spaniard now.

Cool we got a Spaniard now.
    This forum is like the League of Nations.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    This forum is like the League of Nations.
    We have

Italy
    Turkey
    France
    Spain
    Scotland
    Costa Rica
    Australia
    USA

I'm sure there's an Englishman or 2

Irish??

And during the Euro there were guys pulling for Germany, Croatia...they don't post though.

Veteran
    We have

Italy
    Turkey
    France
    Spain
    Scotland
    Costa Rica
    Australia
    USA

I'm sure there's an Englishman or 2

Irish??

And during the Euro there were guys pulling for Germany, Croatia...they don't post though.
    I think Fröstlich is German and there's also a guy with a Bayern avatar so we've probably got a couple of Germans.

I think the Croat, - it was Tanginius wasn't it? - killed himself after our match at the Euros.

I thought the grand 11 was english, isn't he?

And who's the Scot?

Jets Insider VIP
    I think Fröstlich is German and there's also a guy with a Bayern avatar so we've probably got a couple of Germans.

I think the Croat, - it was Tanginius wasn't it? - killed himself after our match at the Euros.

And who's the Scot?
    I thought Frostlich was the scot

We need a State of the Union thread.

And who's the Scot?
    Tanginius is still alive. He just goes by King Ryan now.

I also thought grand11 was English.

My mum is English, my wife is German, and pop's side goes back to Scotch/Irish. If you believe some of the less talked about family history, there's rumor about some French blood in there too (allegedly)

Talk about being confused.

It all works out though. It usually takes awhile to run out of teams to pull for during international competition.

OH, and to the OP...great story! Congrats to the girls!

Glad to see the forum growing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    My mum is English, my wife is German, and pop's side goes back to Scotch/Irish. If you believe some of the less talked about family history, there's rumor about some French blood in there too (allegedly)

Talk about being confused.

It all works out though. It usually takes awhile to run out of teams to pull for during international competition.

OH, and to the OP...great story! Congrats to the girls!

Glad to see the forum growing.
    LOL