Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How 'bout those Villanova Wildcats!

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by outeast View Post
    I go to Nova currently
    Cool, Must be insane on campus. They made the Elite 8 when I was there and that was nuts, everyone out in the quad going crazy.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetFan92 View Post
    I got accepted, but not attending. I didn't really like it there
    Really, I liked it there. Anything in particular you didn't like? Where did you decide to go?

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    having a great run, but they will have a hard time beating UNC..

was absolutely stunned the Michigan State beat Lville today...its a testament to how good a coach Tom Izzo is..MSU was very shaky all year..

I hate to say it but it looks like it will a UCONN-UNC title game which makes sense because aside from Pitt they were the two best teams all year..Nova really has some mojo goin but when Lawson is playing well UNC is almost unbeatable..and I hate both UCONN and UNC..
    I hate to say it but you're probably dead on. Villanova has enough depth and quality guards to make it interesting, adn is one of those teams that if they get hot from the outside, they can beat anyone. I hope the mojo is working Saturday.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvismax View Post
    Really, I liked it there. Anything in particular you didn't like? Where did you decide to go?
    I really only applied because i liked their basketball team. The major i chose (Chemical Engineering) wasn't offered there anyways, and I didn't like the preppy feel i got there. I felt I wasn't wealthy enough to fit in. I'll be attending Georgia Tech next fall. I fell in love with Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by CTJetFan92 View Post
    I really only applied because i liked their basketball team. The major i chose (Chemical Engineering) wasn't offered there anyways, and I didn't like the preppy feel i got there. I felt I wasn't wealthy enough to fit in. I'll be attending Georgia Tech next fall. I fell in love with Atlanta
    To each his own, good luck at GT. Although, I had a few friends at Nova who were Chem E's, so I definitely think it's offered.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    To each his own, good luck at GT. Although, I had a few friends at Nova who were Chem E's, so I definitely think it's offered.
    Good luck CT.

Paulie, how great is Jay Wright? I think you can remove the "Young" from one of the best if not the best, young coaches out there (as he's often described). I hope he makes a career out of the Villanova HC job.

I wonder if the Monmouth/Ocean Alumni Chapter is having another gig at the Boathouse in Belmar?

Graduated '06
    Same here...I thought nothing would top our team that season, guess I was wrong

Good luck CT.

Paulie, how great is Jay Wright? I think you can remove the "Young" from one of the best if not the best, young coaches out there (as he's often described). I hope he makes a career out of the Villanova HC job.

I wonder if the Monmouth/Ocean Alumni Chapter is having another gig at the Boathouse in Belmar?
    Jay Wright is the man. There were some people who extolled his recruiting but never said he was a great coach, but "Final Four Coach" is a huge resume booster. He's made a believer out of me.

Were you at the Boathouse last Saturday? I was there with a friend of mine, that was a great event. I'm sure they will be doing it again this weekend (although I think I'm going down to Philly to watch the game there this time).

Practice Squad
    Jay Wright is the man. There were some people who extolled his recruiting but never said he was a great coach, but "Final Four Coach" is a huge resume booster. He's made a believer out of me.

Were you at the Boathouse last Saturday? I was there with a friend of mine, that was a great event. I'm sure they will be doing it again this weekend (although I think I'm going down to Philly to watch the game there this time).
    I was going to ask you the same thing, I did not make it there, but if they do it again, I may have to check it out. Was there a good showing?

I was going to ask you the same thing, I did not make it there, but if they do it again, I may have to check it out. Was there a good showing?
    Yeah they had a really decent turnout, it was a great atmosphere. Try and get there this weekend, it was a lot of fun.

Practice Squad
    Yeah they had a really decent turnout, it was a great atmosphere. Try and get there this weekend, it was a lot of fun.
    Cool, thanks. I haven't heard that they are yet, but will definitely consider it if they do. I wonder how much a cab home to Middletown would cost?