Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fricken Christmas Tree Shops

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Fricken Christmas Tree Shops

Been forced to go to the ones on Cape Cod almost every year for like 15 years.

Every vacation.

Cute this and cute that til the whole car is filled.

Now, there is one in Deer Park.:steamin:

Not like the "santas workshop" quaint one's on the Cape, but a big huge, warehouse type with narrow aisles and thousands of maniacal broads rooting around for "the perfect" Easter decorations.:eek:

To save my sanity, I escape to the art section where they sometimes have some cool baseball stuff.

ALL RED SOX.

A shrine to Ted Williams, an ode to Fenway, the whole shebang.

In fricken Deer Park.

Kill me now.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

:zzz::zzz::zzz:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=jetgirl;3066733]:zzz::zzz::zzz:[/QUOTE]

Your love for FF2@ has always clouded your love for me Jetsgirl.

I understand it, though it irks me so.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=32green;3066741]Your love for FF2@ has always clouded your love for me Jetsgirl.

I understand it, though it irks me so.[/QUOTE]

:P:P

[QUOTE=32green;3066719]Been forced to go to the ones on Cape Cod almost every year for like 15 years.

Every vacation.

Not like the "santas workshop" quaint one's on the Cape, but a big huge, warehouse type with narrow aisles and thousands of maniacal broads rooting around for "the perfect" Easter decorations.:eek:

To save my sanity, I escape to the art section where they sometimes have some cool baseball stuff.

ALL RED SOX.

In fricken Deer Park.

Kill me now.[/QUOTE]
    We used to go to the Cape a few times every summer. That store is simply a boy's hell, and my mom had to go there at least 3 times during every trip. Just in case they stocked something new between the time we got there and the time we left.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=SUJets1988;3066758]We used to go to the Cape a few times every summer. That store is simply a boy's hell, and my mom had to go there at least 3 times during every trip. Just in case they stocked something new between the time we got there and the time we left.[/QUOTE]

And they have food. Its the only store where I've seen people open up a can of "special nuts" and start eating them in the store!

They need some sort of security not affiliated with a North Pole theme.

Veteran
    There was one in Saugus MA on Route 1, a death-defying stretch of commercial overindulgence. I went into the Xmas shop once and couldn't wait to leave. Small aisles, too much stuff like my sister-in-law's house, and the feeling that all the decorations were just waiting to come to life in some bizarro horror movie.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Lone Star Lady;3066811]There was one in Saugus MA on Route 1, a death-defying stretch of commercial overindulgence. I went into the Xmas shop once and couldn't wait to leave. Small aisles, too much stuff like my sister-in-law's house, and the feeling that all the decorations were just waiting to come to life in some bizarro horror movie.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.lootlady.com/images/hostes%20gift%20nutcraker.JPG[/IMG]

This dude...I cant even talk about what he did.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE][SIZE="4"][B]Christmas Tree Shop in Deer Park set ablaze, arson suspected[/B][/SIZE]

[I]Associated Press [/I]- (This is breaking news, check frequently for updates) A seasonal variety store was engulfed in flames in the Deer Park area earlier this evening and arson is suspected. No injuries have been reported and no suspects have been named but witnesses reported a man in a green hat yelling something about a hanger while running from the scene. Authorities are not sure how the blaze began but smoke was first spotted coming from a corner of the store that houses Ted Williams memorabilia.

[IMG]http://www.ketknbc.com/files/ketk/media/news/121308%20tree%20fire.jpg[/IMG]

[/QUOTE]

:eek:
    Last edited by jetstream23; 03-30-2009 at 01:17 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3066819]:eek:[/QUOTE]

:alien::applause::alien:

you laugh

We go to Gatlinburg Tennessee all of the time for quick vacations and they have several of those ****ing Xmas shops. My wife feels the need to stop at every single one of them. :mad:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Johnny Bravo;3066844]We go to [B]Gatlinburg Tennessee [/B]all of the time for quick vacations and they have several of those ****ing Xmas shops. My wife feels the need to stop at every single one of them. :mad:[/QUOTE]

[I]Well, it was Gatlinburg in mid-July
    And I just hit town and my throat was dry,
    I thought I'd stop and have myself a brew.
    At an old saloon on a street of mud,
    There at a table, dealing stud,
    Sat the dirty, mangy dog that named me "Sue." [/I]

:D

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;3066719]Been forced to go to the ones on Cape Cod almost every year for like 15 years.

Every vacation.

ALL RED SOX.

In fricken Deer Park.

Kill me now.[/QUOTE]

I've got a Christmas tree store five minutes away. My wife usually goes in for a few items and ends up nickeling and diming me to the tune of about a hundred bucks.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Never mind Christmas tree stores, the thing that gets me is my wife and kids always hide my favorite ornaments at the back of the tree because they don't like them. A reindeer that looks like Bullwinkle (including a broken antler) and a frightening Santa with a huge beard (knitted by Jame Gumb)...they don't understand.

Jets Insider VIP
    My wife dragged me to the Deer Park Christmas Tree Shop THE DAY IT OPENED. Easily the most miserable shopping experience of my life. No husband chairs at all so I was forced to push the F'ing cart for my wife. We needed a new shower curtain rod and it took every ounce of restraint in my body not to tee off on every fat ass load of ugly woman in that narrow-aisled monument to male frustration.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=jetswin;3066873]Never mind Christmas tree stores, the thing that gets me is my wife and kids always hide my favorite ornaments at the back of the tree because they don't like them. A reindeer that looks like Bullwinkle (including a broken antler) and a frightening Santa with a huge beard (knitted by Jame Gumb)...they don't understand.[/QUOTE]

Jame Gumb, lol

Thats a passive aggressive attack on your man-hood btw, there are no accidents.

My wife moves my jet and Yankee one to the rear to make room for the 60 dollar waterford ornament which I have to buy every year as they come out with a new one annually. The whole front of the tree is covered with a crystal testimony to my de-balling.

[QUOTE=Jets Things;3066874]My wife dragged me to the Deer Park Christmas Tree Shop THE DAY IT OPENED. Easily the most miserable shopping experience of my life. No husband chairs at all so I was forced to push the F'ing cart for my wife. We needed a new shower curtain rod and it took every ounce of restraint in my body not to tee off on every fat ass load of ugly woman in that narrow-aisled monument to male frustration.[/QUOTE]

There's no where to "pull over" the cart....the wife stops to lovingly caress the wreath of easter eggs and you've got a chick on your azz looking to get by, and two in front of you blocking the aisle staring at light-house lamps.

Your heart starts racing, the brow covered in sweat...

Some dude will freak out one day.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=32green;3066889]Jame Gumb, lol

My wife moves my jet and Yankee one to the rear to make room for the 60 dollar waterford ornament which I have to buy every year as they come out with a new one annually. [B]The whole front of the tree is covered with a crystal testimony to my de-balling[/B].

[/QUOTE]

I LOL'd

Not that I have any idea what you're talking about. :O

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=32green;3066889]Jame Gumb, lol

My wife moves my jet and Yankee one to the rear to make room for the 60 dollar waterford ornament which I have to buy every year as they come out with a new one annually. The whole front of the tree is covered with a crystal testimony to my de-balling.

[B]There's no where to "pull over" the cart[/B]....the wife stops to lovingly caress the wreath of easter eggs and you've got a chick on your azz looking to get by, and two in front of you blocking the aisle staring at light-house lamps.

Your heart starts racing, the brow covered in sweat...

Some dude will freak out one day.[/QUOTE]

I think that's part of the con. The minute you try to pull over you've got your cart parked next to a table full of goofy twinkling squirrel ornaments and the wife just scoops them right into the cart!

All League

Every vacation.

Now, there is one in [B]Deer Park[/B].:steamin:

ALL RED SOX.

In fricken Deer Park.

Kill me now.[/QUOTE]

Is that the place with the water?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=BLEEDgreenN'white;3078032]Is that the place with the water?[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://blog.enterpriseitplanet.com/green/blog/blogpost_img/picard_facepalm.jpg[/IMG]