Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Some Madden 2010 News

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Some Madden 2010 News

The past two days have brought some pretty big Madden 2010 news.

http://www.virtualsportsnetwork.com/...ease-date-set/

First of all, the Madden 2010 site launched and a release date of Friday, August 14th. Looks like it's going to be a big 3-day weekend for a bunch of people. The launch site for Madden 2010 is releasing 2 players each week over the course of 5 weeks as "candidates" for the Madden 2010. The first two people they showed were Ed Reed & Adrian Peterson. Anthony Stevenson (twitter.com/eanthony) said that the next 2 candidates are from the NFC East and AFC North. My guess was Brandon Jacobs and James Harrison. Definitely looking forward to the coverage. Also on draft day they'll be putting out screenshots and Donny Moore, the guy in charge of ratings, will be releasing the rookies ratings on draft day (twitter.com/donny_moore)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope it's Jacobs/Harrison.

It'd suck to see Peterson or Reed get hit by the Madden curse.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    it was nice to have a Jet on the cover for once allbeit by accident since Favre was traded to us but I would like to have a REAL Jet on the cover for once, probably wont happen anytime soon but if they did the only superstar type player that would fit would be Leon, especially if the Jets use him more on offense and him being a top tier kick returner doesnt hurt either

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    it was nice to have a Jet on the cover for once allbeit by accident since Favre was traded to us but I would like to have a REAL Jet on the cover for once, probably wont happen anytime soon but if they did the only superstar type player that would fit would be Leon, especially if the Jets use him more on offense and him being a top tier kick returner doesnt hurt either
    Revis could make it...if people started throwing the ball to his side

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Madden has sucked since 1998

Visual Concepts and NFL 2k: we salute you.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sitoo0817 View Post
    Bump! thx !  Her chores were never-ending. Sewing clothes for her family on the old Singer treadle machine, cooking meals and baking bread, planting and tending a vegetable garden, milking the goats and scrubbing soiled clothes on a washboard. But she was happy. Her family and their well-being were her highest priority.  Every day after chores and school, Reuben scoured the town, collecting the hessian nail bags. On the day the two-room school closed for the summer, no student was more delighted than Reuben. Now he would have more time for his mission.  All summer long, despite chores at home weeding and watering the garden, cutting wood and fetching water—Reuben kept to his secret task.  Then all too soon the garden was harvested, the vegetables canned and stored, and the school reopened. Soon the leaves fell and the winds blew cold and gusty from the bay. Reuben wandered the streets, diligently searching for his hessian treasures.  Often he was cold, tired and hungry, but the thought of the object in the shop window sustained him. Sometimes his mother would ask: “Reuben, where were you? We were waiting for you to have dinner.”  “Playing, Mum. Sorry.”  Dora would look at his face and shake her head. Boys.  Finally spring burst into glorious green and Reuben's spirits erupted. The time had come! He ran into the barn, climbed to the hayloft and uncovered the tin can. He poured the coins out and began to count.  Then he counted again. He needed 20 cents more. Could there be any sacks left any where in town? He had to find four and sell them before the day ended.  Reuben ran down Water Street.  The shadows were lengthening when Reuben arrived at the factory. The sack buyer was about to lock up.  “Mister! Please don't close up yet.”  The man turned and saw Reuben, dirty and sweat stained.  “Come back tomorrow, boy.”  “Please, Mister. I have to sell the sacks now—please.”The man heard a tremor in Reuben's voice and could tell he was close to tears.  “Why do you need this money so badly?”  “It's a secret.”  The man took the sacks, reached into his pocket and put four coins in Reuben's hand. Reuben murmured a thank you and ran home.  Then, clutching the tin can, he headed for the shop.  “I have the money,” he solemnly told the owner.  The man went to the window and retrieved Reuben's treasure.Thsale is a professional, loyal and reliable wow gold supplier online, we pioneered selling cheap wow gold. Welcome to thsale buy world of warcraft gold Buy Cheap WoW Gold, World of Warcraft Gold, Please look here! We are a Great MMORPG company. wow money and wow items,which is very cheap World of Warcraft gold !All US Server 24.99$/1000G on sell! Cheap wow gold,rs powerleveling,wow power leveling,Buy Cheapest/Safe/Fast WoW US EU Gold Power leveling
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vin777b View Post
    Madden has sucked since 1998

Visual Concepts and NFL 2k: we salute you.
    I laugh when people say this..

nfl2k was good for the time but Madden owns the rights and has done a great job in the past few years.. If nfl2k was such a hit, they would have put something out to compete.. Names are names and if the game was done right, people would gravitate towards it.. But they dropped the ball and EA has kicked their a$$

They are taking Madden 10 to the next level..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm rooting for Brandon Jacobs, represent the So ILL!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mcsully View Post
    I laugh when people say this..

nfl2k was good for the time but Madden owns the rights and has done a great job in the past few years.. If nfl2k was such a hit, they would have put something out to compete.. Names are names and if the game was done right, people would gravitate towards it.. But they dropped the ball and EA has kicked their a$$

They are taking Madden 10 to the next level..
    nfl2k wasnt a hit, but it was by far the better game with more realistic action.
    just because something is a hit, doesnt make it better. if so miley cyrus would be the best singer around.

once madden won the rights, the programmers spent the next few years doing nothing more than updating the roster. madden has finally improved with the new gen systems but it pains me to think how good nfl2k would be if they still had the rights.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcoached View Post
    nfl2k wasnt a hit, but it was by far the better game with more realistic action.
    just because something is a hit, doesnt make it better. if so miley cyrus would be the best singer around.

once madden won the rights, the programmers spent the next few years doing nothing more than updating the roster. madden has finally improved with the new gen systems but it pains me to think how good nfl2k would be if they still had the rights.
    I never said it was a hit. I said "if it was a hit", referring to peopel who thought it was, then the game would still be around..

2k sports puts out a solid baseketball game thats about it.. Their other games blow.. So i'm pretty sure the Football would have gone down hill..

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    i just picked up espnfootball for like 5 bucks ,i loved that game.. u can play it on the 360 now.i was surprised that thiers still a few people who play that .