Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Should I buy a BMW?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ListerFiend;3076963]lol bmw makes motorcycles...

besides i got a honda super backbird 1100[/QUOTE]

This is a post-Apocalyptic bike:

[IMG]http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/WallpaperGallerys/1024/09BMWK1300R_1208.jpg[/IMG]

CB1100 huh? Pretty nice...I just picked up a '99 VMax for this year. Now I just have to wait until this storm passes to break it out. :steamin:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3076983]This is a post-Apocalyptic bike:

[IMG]http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/WallpaperGallerys/1024/09BMWK1300R_1208.jpg[/IMG]

CB1100 huh? Pretty nice...I just picked up a '99 VMax for this year. Now I just have to wait until this storm passes to break it out. :steamin:[/QUOTE]

I'm seriously thinking in getting the GS1200 :drool:

[IMG]http://www.moto-station.com/ttesimages/motodivers/nouveautes2004/BMW_R1200GS/BMW_R1200GS_ac1mz.jpg[/IMG]

Current ride

[IMG]http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/7505/hondavtrfirestorm2008hv5.jpg[/IMG]

Banned
    [QUOTE=FF2;3076494]Yeah...brilliant. Laugh off the Holocaust.[/QUOTE]

Aren't you the one that thought the Spanish basketball team making "chinky eyes" was hilarious enough to lecture me on why I should be laughing about it?

Don't get me wrong, I agree that Holocaust jokes are distasteful...

Banned
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3076620]The Buy American campaign is a symptom of what killed the US car companies... Don't make a better car, convince Americans that buying a crappier car for more money made "in the USA" is "Patriotic".[/QUOTE]

Brilliantly stated. Couldn't agree more.

Veteran
    [img]http://www.bikez.com/pictures/honda/2003/20225_0_1_2_cbr%201100%20xx%20super%20blackbird_Arjanxx.jpg[/img]

2003 super blackbird. Except i got eveything made black.

18 year olds seeking advice on their Beemer purchases while I sit at this desk and spend my day answering to the man... at least when I leave I get to ride home in my old Explorer... talk about a Monday afternoon kick in the nuts.

I would love to be a "motorcycle guy", but I know I would just be scared ****less going 65 down a highway with cars and trucks and tractor trailers flying past me. No ****in way, man. :O

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Pac2566;3077121]18 year olds seeking advice on their Beemer purchases while I sit at this desk and spend my day answering to the man... at least when I leave I get to ride home in my old Explorer... talk about a Monday afternoon kick in the nuts.[/QUOTE]

Your not in the Skoal Brotherhood.

I do agree though I am in the process of downgrading one of my vehicles, I would love to have a Beemer, could afford a 3 series, but I hit the point where I don't care what I drive, Point A to Point B and reliability and I am just fine.

[QUOTE=Mike D;3077127]Your not in the Skoal Brotherhood.

I do agree though I am in the process of downgrading one of my vehicles, I would love to have a Beemer, could afford a 3 series, but I hit the point where I don't care what I drive, Point A to Point B and reliability and I am just fine.[/QUOTE]

Is the Skoal brotherhood accepting applications? I want to chillax by a pool all day ordering around my domestic workers Christian Bale style... "Jeeves! I said LITE ICE in this Sprite you f---in' ingrate"!!

Yeah I have no desire to get into another payment for a bit.. Henry Ford Explorer it is for me for the foreseeable future.

Banned

I do agree though I am in the process of downgrading one of my vehicles, I would love to have a Beemer, could afford a 3 series, but I hit the point where I don't care what I drive, Point A to Point B and reliability and I am just fine.[/QUOTE]

Right there with you. I drive into Boston everyday. When I moved here I had a 3-series. After the first couple of "Boston bumps" it took (which is when people intentionally hit you while parallel parking) I decided enough is enough.

I needed AWD and extra space, and most importantly 200,000 reliable miles... since I want to get married and buy a house.

I got a silver CRV with a black leather interior. Its great in the snow, I can park it anywhere, it's a lot less nerve racking when I see that its been bumped and frankly... I am not the type of guy who is defined by the 4-wheels that get me from A to B.

Jets Insider VIP

I do agree though I am in the process of downgrading one of my vehicles, I would love to have a Beemer, could afford a 3 series, but I hit the point where [B]I don't care what I drive[/B], Point A to Point B and reliability and I am just fine.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1017/1413506458_2228ff1271.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=pauliec;3077124]I would love to be a "motorcycle guy", but I know I would just be scared ****less going 65 down a highway with cars and trucks and tractor trailers flying past me. No ****in way, man. :O[/QUOTE]

Me neither Paul... I won't even ride my mountain bike on the shoulder of the road for fear of getting pegged by a Donte Stallworth. I'm just fine on the sidewalk dodging the elderly and small animals thank you.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Pac2566;3077138]Me neither Paul... I won't even ride my mountain bike on the shoulder of the road for fear of getting pegged by a Donte Stallworth. I'm just fine on the sidewalk dodging the elderly and small animals thank you.[/QUOTE]

That's because you guys live where there are 20 bazillion cars.

Out here, in the middle of nowhere, hitting the roads on a bike is great...nothing is better.

Hall Of Fame
    BMW's handle like sports cars (pickup and traction), ride like luxury cars, and last for 200k miles. Mercedes are nice, but they don't turn on rails like the BMW.

Yeah - buy American sounds like a better way to go.

proud owner of a 2000 528i

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Pac2566;3077132]

Yeah I have no desire to get into another payment for a bit.. Henry Ford Explorer it is for me for the foreseeable future.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya. I have one car I own outright, 2003 Honda Accord, close to the 60k mile mark. We plan on beating that car into the ground.

My other car is a GMC Yukon '06, probably going to get into an Altima, I love the Maxima but the payment would be a little high.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Mike D;3077253]I hear ya. I have one car I own outright, 2003 Honda Accord, close to the 60k mile mark. We plan on beating that car into the ground.[/QUOTE]

With 60,000k? Beating it into the ground should take you a long while...

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3077256]With 60,000k? Beating it into the ground should take you a long while...[/QUOTE]

Oh I know, I was just saying. The car is in pretty good condition. Minor dings, and the weather stripping around the car gets worn. Probably going to give it another year and have all of that redone and maybe a paint job. Need to retint the windows also. Nothing major.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3077189]That's because you guys live where there are 20 bazillion cars.

Out here, in the middle of nowhere, hitting the roads on a bike is great...nothing is better.[/QUOTE]

Good point. Every time I see a guy on a motorcycle flying down the NJ Turnpike, I just think he must have a death wish or something

Veteran
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3077267]Good point. Every time I see a guy on a motorcycle flying down the NJ Turnpike, I just think he must have a death wish or something[/QUOTE]

i like to fly down the paisades on a sunday morning.. no one on the road.

Hall Of Fame
    There are so many motorcycle accidents down here in South Florida daily. Everyone thinks they're a stuntman on those bikes.