Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If the Knicks Don't Get Lebron Who Do You Want Them to Go After a Year From Now?

Banned

If the Knicks Don't Get Lebron Who Do You Want Them to Go After a Year From Now?

I'd love to get Lebron but it's looking more and more like he's going to re-sign with the Cavs or they'll just end up doing a sign and trade. If the Knicks don't get Lebron who do you want them to get? I'd like to see them get a combination of Carmelo and Bosh. Wade is excellent but his injury history scares me a little and I could see him having a couple seasons with the Knicks where he plays around 50 games - which would probably mean a couple years without the playoffs.

PS - I know Carmelo isn't a free agent next summer but Denver is definitely going to trade him b/c he'll have only 1 yr left on his deal before an opt out.

i dont like labron............

build a team through the draft...........

Quote Originally Posted by kennesawjet View Post
    lol

Rookie
    Dwayne Wade

Quote Originally Posted by Heineken08 View Post
    Dwayne Wade
    +1

But this still looks damn good...

Banned
    lol - b/c the Knicks have had such a great track record in the draft the last 20 years.

Bosh and Wade.

How bout Chris Paul and Bosh?

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    I'd love to get Lebron but it's looking more and more like he's going to re-sign with the Cavs or they'll just end up doing a sign and trade. If the Knicks don't get Lebron who do you want them to get? I'd like to see them get a combination of Carmelo and Bosh. Wade is excellent but his injury history scares me a little and I could see him having a couple seasons with the Knicks where he plays around 50 games - which would probably mean a couple years without the playoffs.

PS - I know Carmelo isn't a free agent next summer but Denver is definitely going to trade him b/c he'll have only 1 yr left on his deal before an opt out.
    I love Melo, but lets see what he does in the playoffs this year. It's time he needs to do something.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan View Post
    How bout Chris Paul and Bosh?
    Paul would be amazing. The Hornets have him locked into a long-term deal though. Only way he's available is if the Hornets decide to do a mass salary dump next summer which isn't out of the realm of possiblity considering they tried to dump Chandler this past season.

Ofcourse we'd have to offer a couple young star players. Danillo "I Have a 75 year old man's back" Gallinari ain't cutting it.

All League
    Bosh in 10, Paul in 11?

Unless I'm wrong I thought CP expired that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Icer View Post
    Bosh in 10, Paul in 11?

Unless I'm wrong I thought CP expired that year.
    It think it's '12, but when he signed the extension he only signed the 3yr not the 5yr. If he has 1yr left in 11 and it's a known fact he is leaving why not trade him.

I would take two of the following... Wade, Bosh, Amare, Dirk, Camby.

If Yao opts out, I would try and sign him and Wade.

Jets Insider VIP
    i dont like labron............

LOL!

I didn't know Scott Layden posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets4life335 View Post
    I would take two of the following... Wade, Bosh, Amare, Dirk, Camby.

If Yao opts out, I would try and sign him and Wade.
    Camby is just about done. Dirk, if he isn't already on the decline it could start tomorrow. I am not waiting this long to get under the cap and fix things just to make a run for what 2 or 3 years? Young stars only.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    LOL!

I didn't know Scott Layden posted here.

Joe Johnson at the very least.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan View Post
    It think it's '12, but when he signed the extension he only signed the 3yr not the 5yr. If he has 1yr left in 11 and it's a known fact he is leaving why not trade him.
    Paul can opt out of his deal summer 2012. Hornets could try to trade him the year before though.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Joe Johnson at the very least.
    Chris Paul would be amazing, but I see Joe Johnson being a very real possibility along with Bosh/Amare. One of the most underrated players in the league

I love Wade's game, but as Vincenzo said he gets hurt too much.

I'm praying we get the no. 2 pick (Stern hates the Dolans so I don't expect 1st pick) and grab Ricky Rubio in the draft and sign Steve Nash to the MLE and let him mentor Rubio for a yr and become the backup. Rubio, 6'4,will be a pick and roll master in this league and is a pesky defender.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rlucas4137 View Post
    Chris Paul would be amazing, but I see Joe Johnson being a very real possibility along with Bosh/Amare. One of the most underrated players in the league

I love Wade's game, but as Vincenzo said he gets hurt too much.

I'm praying we get the no. 2 pick (Stern hates the Dolans so I don't expect 1st pick) and grab Ricky Rubio in the draft and sign Steve Nash to the MLE and let him mentor Rubio for a yr and become the backup. Rubio, 6'4,will be a pick and roll master in this league and is a pesky defender.
    I've heard good things about Rubio but never seen him play. Knicks have had bad luck with euro-players (Weis, Vujanic, Gallinari) but I've been hearing rave reviews about him.

It's interesting that you bring up Steve Nash. The Suns have a team option on Nash this summer and they are in rebuilding mode. Maybe D'Antoni wants to reunite with his boy Nash? If so the only way I want Nash is if the Knicks trade for him and don't give him an extension. I only want Nash for one season under contract - no huge contract extension that's going to waste our cap space.

I doubt Nash signs with anyone for the mid-level exception if the Suns opt out of his deal. Even though he's old and the market this summer is going to be very tough on veteran free agents (Iverson, Wallace) I just can't see Nash only being offered $5 mil. Someone out there will offer him more $.

I really hope we get lucky and get a top 3 pick in the draft. No way is David Stern doing us any favors like he did for the Bulls last year. Like you said he hates the Dolans.