Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey SBIII:This Stadium Won't Be Rocking...(MODS DELETE IF YOU WANT)

Hey SBIII:This Stadium Won't Be Rocking...(MODS DELETE IF YOU WANT)

Dear Valued Shock Fan,
    Beginning this Saturday, April 11, 2009, use of the following noisemakers will be prohibited at all Spokane Shock home games:
    - Cowbells
    - Electric/Electronic noisemakers (i.e., sirens)
    - Compressed Air Horns
    - Whistles
    - Cymbals
    - Drums (or other instruments)
    - In addition, the Spokane Shock reserves the right to add additional items to this list in the future as necessary.
    Security will be instructed to ask fans using such items to cease using them. Refusal to comply will result in the confiscation of the item for the remainder of the game and harassment of staff members implementing the policy will be grounds for ejection from the arena.
    We recognize that many of our most enthusiastic fans enjoy making noise to support the team and to "get into the game." We sincerely appreciate any and all efforts to help out the team on the field (and more importantly to make things difficult for the opposing team). We still encourage our fans to "get loud" and to "make noise" when our defense is on the field by yelling, clapping, and using approved noisemakers: cheersticks, megaphones (non-electric) and any other noisemakers provided by the Shock.
    We know that making noise truly helps our team. We also know, however, that for many of our fans, excessive noise can make watching a game almost unbearable. Many of our fans are young children, senior citizens, and persons with hearing issues. For these people and many others, sitting next to a fan that makes excessive noise can cause a serious issue with their enjoyment of the game. A fan who doesn't ring a cowbell and who doesn't enjoy having a cowbell rung in his or her ears is no less of a fan than those who do so.
    As an organization, we have a responsibility to make our games as enjoyable as possible for everyone in attendance. In adopting the current policy, we are aware that not all will agree. We sincerely hope that you understand where we are coming from and that you still find Shock games to be the best entertainment in town. We ask for your cooperation in the implementation of this policy.
    Thanks, as always, for your tremendous support of our team and our organization. We look forward to seeing you Saturday.
    Sincerely,
    The Spokane Shock, af2

The noise rules vary from arena to arena and team to team but I know of no arena that allows compressed air horns and whistles can not be allowed for obvious reasons relating to the officiating of the game. South Georgia has a band at every home game so cymbals and drums are obviously not banned there. Years ago, Macon would not allow stadium horns. I do not understand the banning of cowbells. It seems that the Shock are being a little inconsistent in terms of what is on the ban list, they hand out noisemakers for the playoffs and now they want them banned, they were running around with decibel meters during the arena cup touting how loud it was, the better use those meters now to conduct a study to find out at what decibel level the human ear experiences pain so that they can make sure that all of their noise systems fall below this threshhold, this includes music, the pa announcer, this all seems highly hypocritical by the organization. I found it odd that stadium horns and super blasters were not specifically identified on the list, they are much louder than some of the items that were on the list. One comprimise position that I have seen tried by teams relative to the noise issue is to designate a horn or noise section(s) all in one area of the stadium, much like some arenas have family or no drinking sections. Or flip it around the other way, have no noisemaker sections. Then everyone who hates the noise can sit in those designated areas. This suggestion is not likely possible in Spokane because you sell out all home games and 80+ % of tickets sold are season tickets, it is really dumb to make this change one game into the season, these types of rules should only be made in the off season with ample warning.

"As an organization, we have a responsibility to make our games as enjoyable as possible for everyone in attendance". This is dumb statement by the team, no the organization has an obligation to make their games as enjoyable for the majority of fans, not everybody, because anyone knows that you will never please everybody. If they do not like the noise, then those folks should stay home, I am sure that in Spokane, there are multiple noisey fans that would love to purchase each and every one of the seats currently occupied by one of the noise nazis.

All Pro
    I love how you give the mods permission to delete your nonsense, Tardly.

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;3080287]I love how you give the mods permission to delete your nonsense, Tardly.[/QUOTE]

i meant it as a joke

but if they don't think it's funny they can delete it

i don't want to get banned for it

but when i saw it , it reminded me of sbiii thread

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetsrule128;3080289]i meant it as a joke

but if they don't think it's funny they can delete it

[B]i don't want to get banned for it[/B]

but when i saw it , it reminded me of sbiii thread[/QUOTE]

You weren't aborted, why?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Dude.

You do realize that this qualifies as a arena Football post, right?

I think you enjoy treading in pre-ban water. Just plain posting simply doesnt appeal to you, it has to have an edge....

You sir, are a maverick, a trail blazer, possibly even a Celtic.

[QUOTE=32green;3080296]Dude.

no i want the arena football out of the thread

i meant it as a joke to sbiii

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[B]"no i want the arena football out of the thread

i meant it as a joke to sbiii"

[/B]

How could it be a joke to someone who would gut you like a river salmon given the chance? Gut you, pull out your intesntines and make balloon animals with them.

You're calling out SBlll and thats plain wrong.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetsrule128;3080299][QUOTE=32green;3080296]Dude.

no i want the arena football out of the thread

[B]i meant it as a joke to sbiii[/B][/QUOTE]

Then send him a PM, spaz.

[QUOTE=32green;3080317][QUOTE=jetsrule128;3080299]

How could it be a joke to someone who would gut you like a river salmon given the chance? Gut you, pull out your intesntines and make balloon animals with them.

You're calling out SBlll and thats plain wrong.[/QUOTE]

what

i am just telling him this stadium WON'T be rocking

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetsrule128;3080319][QUOTE=32green;3080317]

what

i am just telling him this stadium WON'T be rocking[/QUOTE]

Good one, he'll feel the sting from this burn for a loooooooong time. :rolleyes:

ugh if anyone else did this you guys would be crediting them

This has to be a bannable offense. Calling out a poster and posting complete garbage as usual.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetsrule128;3080335]ugh if anyone else did this you guys would be crediting them[/QUOTE]

I hope one day you get ass raped.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;3080356]I hope one day you get ass raped.[/QUOTE]
    lmfao.

Oh man you meant it to be funny, look how that backfired you ass wad.

All League
    [QUOTE=jetsrule128;3080335]ugh if anyone else did this you guys would be crediting them[/QUOTE]

it still amazes me how a 20 year old has a mind of a 5 year old.

[QUOTE=DevsJetsYanks88;3080339]This has to be a bannable offense. Calling out a poster and posting complete garbage as usual.[/QUOTE]

i was not calling out a poster

i was keeping a long running ji joke going

you guys always tell him the stadium won't be rocking

[QUOTE=jetsrule128;3080370]i was not calling out a poster

you guys always tell him the stadium won't be rocking[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://right-thoughts.us/images/uploads/knowsyousuck.jpg[/IMG]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

What stadium?

Jets Insider VIP

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_y8SPNbAAKo8/SFdSSU0gpvI/AAAAAAAACSo/Fhptoyfc4s8/s400/totg-short-bus.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Not to encourage Swishy McDip****, but banning cowbell is wrong; usually people need MORE cowbell.

Jus sayin'