Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have Direct TV?

Anyone have Direct TV?

Looking to get rid of Time Warner (can't stand it anymore) Looks too good to be true.

What's the monthly payment? Picture? Service? If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.

Get Verizon FIOS... On Demand is included...

[QUOTE=Flagman5A;3080308]Get Verizon FIOS... On Demand is included...[/QUOTE]

Thanks, you helped a lot!

Picture is great and the service is fine. Don't believe the crap about bad weather reception. I live in the snowiest metro area in the country and my picture rarely goes out.

Price depends on your service...I pay about 100 for the HD choice extra and the sports package. That includes 2 DVR's, 2 non DVR boxes and a 6 dollar/month service agreement.

I think I'm due for a call to get a discount and/or free showtime.

[QUOTE=Flagman5A;3080308]Get Verizon FIOS... On Demand is included...[/QUOTE]

On demand is included in DTV too.

[QUOTE=OrangeJet;3080315]Picture is great and the service is fine. Don't believe the crap about bad weather reception. I live in the snowiest metro area in the country and my picture rarely goes out.

Price depends on your service...I pay about 100 for the HD choice extra and the sports package. That includes 2 DVR's 2 non DVR boxes and a 6 dollar/month service agreement.

I think I'm due for a call to get a discount and/or free showtime.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Orange, that's actually like 40 dollars cheaper than what I'm paying now at crappy Time Warner. I only need 2-3 boxes so I should be good. Are the 2 DVR's HD? How many channels do you get and how many HD?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=OrangeJet;3080316]On demand is included in DTV too.[/QUOTE]

It is? Where is it?

May not affect you at all, but I hate it because they don't carry YES Network. My house recently switched in December in January. I'll be going out pretty much every night (when I'm home from school) to watch the Yankees game. As far as reception goes, it's not bad. Rarely have problems due to weather.

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3080325]Thanks Orange, that's actually like 40 dollars cheaper than what I'm paying now at crappy Time Warner. I only need 2-3 boxes so I should be good. Are the 2 DVR's HD? How many channels do you get and how many HD?[/QUOTE]

Only one is HD. Once you have the boxes, though, it doesn't matter. They only charge for DVR service, not a DVR per box service...5.99/month, I think. The only problem...you have to buy the DVR. You being a new customer though, I'd bet dollars to donuts you could get a free one.

Each box over your first is an additional 4.99 a month.

There are a lot of HD channels...at least almost every one worth watching is in HD.

[QUOTE=OrangeJet;3080340]Only one is HD. Once you have the boxes, though, it doesn't matter. They only charge for DVR service, not a DVR per box service...5.99/month, I think. The only problem...you have to buy the DVR. You being a new customer though, I'd bet dollars to donuts you could get a free one.

Each box over your first is an additional 4.99 a month.

There are a lot of HD channels...at least almost every one worth watching is in HD.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot Orange, looks like you reeled me in.

Edit: No Ghey

All League
    I have had DirecTV for about 7 years now and I have nothing bad to say at all. I have 1 DVR and 3 non-DVR boxes. We get the middle channel package, I think it's 100 channels and I get Sunday Ticket every year ($25 off/consecutive year for some reason) this year I had the NBA League Pass and and more than likely going to add MLB Extra Innings (free preview right now and I like). My bill is about $90 per month. I think I will look into the sports pack and save a little more money as I got them all separate.

I think you will be happy. I never lose my reception either and we get a lot of snow in here in PA.

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;3080329]It is? Where is it?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure...all I know is I see it on my account...here is a copy and paste:

DIRECTV on DEMAND
    You are unable to remove this online. Please call customer service at 1-800-DIRECTV. $0.00

All Pro
    [QUOTE=OrangeJet;3080350]I'm not sure...all I know is I see it on my account...here is a copy and paste:

DIRECTV on DEMAND
    You are unable to remove this online. Please call customer service at 1-800-DIRECTV. $0.00[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I remembered teh googelz after I posted, got this from their website:

What is DIRECTV on DEMAND?
    DIRECTV on DEMAND offers customers with the DIRECTV Plus HD DVR (HR20 or HR21 model) access to thousands of titles through their set top box. Customers can browse the titles on the set top box by using the guide. Available titles include movies, music, popular television shows, animation, cartoons and more.

All League
    [QUOTE=DevsJetsYanks88;3080334]May not affect you at all, but I hate it because they don't carry YES Network. My house recently switched in December in January. I'll be going out pretty much every night (when I'm home from school) to watch the Yankees game. As far as reception goes, it's not bad. Rarely have problems due to weather.[/QUOTE]

I have DTV, and get the YES network. When you sign up for NFL they add the sports package. I also get SNY and MSG. The problem is they black out all Yankee,Met,Rangers,Knicks, \Devs games, you have to buy MLB, NHL, NBA, just to see those local games. But I get all those channel local programming.

[QUOTE=2milehighJet;3080394]I have DTV, and get the YES network. When you sign up for NFL they add the sports package. I also get SNY and MSG. The problem is they black out all Yankee,Met,Rangers,Knicks, \Devs games, you have to buy MLB, NHL, NBA, just to see those local games. But I get all those channel local programming.[/QUOTE]

My mistake. I thought it said Dish Network, not Direct TV.

Never had a problem as far as losing DTV reception, even in the worst of weather. It is a little pricier than cable.

If you like sports, DirecTV is the best. You get everything.

If you like movies on-demand, cable is better.

All League
    [QUOTE=OrangeJet;3080315]Picture is great and the service is fine. Don't believe the crap about bad weather reception. I live in the snowiest metro area in the country and my picture rarely goes out.

Price depends on your service...I pay about 100 for the HD choice extra and the sports package. That includes 2 DVR's, 2 non DVR boxes and a 6 dollar/month service agreement.

I think I'm due for a call to get a discount and/or free showtime.[/QUOTE]

I used to have DTV at my old place, but can't get it now at my new plpace (too many trees). I'm stuck with freakin cable.

OrangeJet is right on. The cable hype about losing signal in rain or snow or whatever is BS. I had like 300 channels and 2 DVR's for about $65 a month or so. I have basic basic cable now (less than 60 channels, and at least a half dozen are local access), and the bill is $55.63. Horseshyt, but they got me over a barrel.

I'd take DirecTV any day of the week over any cable system.

All League
    [quote=Big L;3080810]I used to have DTV at my old place, but can't get it now at my new plpace (too many trees). I'm stuck with freakin cable.

OrangeJet is right on. The cable hype about losing signal in rain or snow or whatever is BS. I had like 300 channels and 2 DVR's for about $65 a month or so. I have basic basic cable now (less than 60 channels, and at least a half dozen are local access), and the bill is $55.63. Horseshyt, but they got me over a barrel.

I'd take DirecTV any day of the week over any cable system.[/quote]

Buy a chainsaw. ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    PS3 > XBox

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3080879]PS3 > XBox[/QUOTE]

:eek: