Thread: Ex-Girlfriend Sues David Caruso

Jets Insider VIP

Ex-Girlfriend Sues David Caruso

[URL]http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=403393&Gt1=28103[/URL]

David Caruso's ex-girlfriend is seeking more than $1.2 million and a house she says the "CSI:Miami" star promised her.

Liza Marquez sued Caruso in Los Angeles Superior Court on Thursday, claiming he promised to support her even after their nearly four-year relationship ended.

In her complaint, Marquez paints Caruso as a possessive, jealous boyfriend who was a reluctant father. The suit claims Caruso, 53, was verbally abusive to Marquez on several occasions and told her that he envisioned himself on a yacht in the French Riviera, not as a father.

Marquez's suit states she and Caruso started dating in April 2004 while she was working as a travel coordinator. The couple moved in together later that year, and Marquez claims she quit her job at Caruso's request. The suit states Caruso told Marquez that he would "always be there" to support her financially and in other ways.

Caruso was affectionate and caring in public, but withdrew from Marquez to a second home as the relationship deteriorated, the lawsuit states.

The lawsuit states Caruso ended their relationship two days after she gave birth to their second child in October 2007. It claims the couple later reached an agreement that that actor would pay Marquez $1 million and $200,000 in attorney's fees, and give her a home in the San Fernando Valley.
    Caruso broke that agreement, and Marquez is seeking the deed to the house, $1.2 million and punitive damages for fraud and intentional infliction of emotional distress claims.

Stephen Kolodny, an attorney for Caruso, released a statement Thursday that said the lawsuit was filed with "false claims" and appears to be retaliation for Caruso seeking changes to the couple's custody arrangements.
    Kolodny's statement says Caruso find the lawsuit "unfortunate since these claims will divert the parties and the court's attention away from the best interests of the children."

He said Caruso would have no further comment.

Caruso plays Horatio Caine on "CSI: Miami," which is in its seventh season on CBS and is consistently ranked among television's top-rated shows.

David Caruso is a dick, huh? Didn't see that one coming. :rolleyes:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/charliedontsurf/csi_miami_david_caruso_240.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaahhhhhhhhh![/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Last edited by Charlie Don't Surf; 04-10-2009 at 11:18 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    "Mr. Wolf....get me my yacht"

Jets Insider VIP
    Dangerous precedent will be set if she wins. Guys have to pay out to [B]girlfriends[/B] if a relationship doesn't work out?!?! I want to see the written promise to buy her a house. Friggin skank. Oh yeah, and Caruso is a douche.

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote=Jets Things;3082193]Dangerous precedent will be set if she wins. Guys have to pay out to [B]girlfriends[/B] if a relationship doesn't work out?!?! I want to see the written promise to buy her a house. Friggin skank. Oh yeah, and Caruso is a douche.[/quote]

I'm sure she'll be awarded palimony since they have 2 kids but I don't know about the house.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

No sympathetic characters in this whole mess except for those homeless red-headed little bastards

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote=32green;3082215]No sympathetic characters in this whole mess except for those homeless red-headed little bastards[/quote]

Young, elf-like orphans

[IMG]http://www.cehwiedel.com/blogs/traces-pix/2007/04/ShamrockDavidCaruso.png[/IMG]
    Last edited by Jordy; 04-10-2009 at 12:07 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Jordy;3082227]Young, elf-like orphans

[IMG]http://www.cehwiedel.com/blogs/traces-pix/2007/04/ShamrockDavidCaruso.png[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Destined to wander the land as circus folk.

Damned Caruso and his girlish pale visage, the spawn of generations of red haired Itralian bimbbangers

[QUOTE=32green;3082244]Destined to wander the land as circus folk.

[/QUOTE]

They could hang out in Alabama. They're used to seeing Leprechans down there in the hood.

'Say yeah'

"Once more once" (for old time chuckles)
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sarYH0z948[/url]

[QUOTE=Jordy;3082158][URL]http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=403393&Gt1=28103[/URL]

David Caruso's ex-girlfriend is seeking more than $1.2 million and a house she says the "CSI:Miami" star promised her.

Liza Marquez sued Caruso in Los Angeles Superior Court on Thursday, claiming he promised to support her even after their nearly four-year relationship ended.

In her complaint, Marquez paints Caruso as a possessive, jealous boyfriend who was a reluctant father. The suit claims Caruso, 53, was verbally abusive to Marquez on several occasions and told her that he envisioned himself on a yacht in the French Riviera, not as a father.

Marquez's suit states she and Caruso started dating in April 2004 while she was working as a travel coordinator. The couple moved in together later that year, and Marquez claims she quit her job at Caruso's request. The suit states Caruso told Marquez that he would "always be there" to support her financially and in other ways.

Caruso was affectionate and caring in public, but withdrew from Marquez to a second home as the relationship deteriorated, the lawsuit states.

The lawsuit states Caruso ended their relationship two days after she gave birth to their second child in October 2007. It claims the couple later reached an agreement that that actor would pay Marquez $1 million and $200,000 in attorney's fees, and give her a home in the San Fernando Valley.
    Caruso broke that agreement, and Marquez is seeking the deed to the house, $1.2 million and punitive damages for fraud and intentional infliction of emotional distress claims.

Stephen Kolodny, an attorney for Caruso, released a statement Thursday that said the lawsuit was filed with "false claims" and appears to be retaliation for Caruso seeking changes to the couple's custody arrangements.
    Kolodny's statement says Caruso find the lawsuit "unfortunate since these claims will divert the parties and the court's attention away from the best interests of the children."

He said Caruso would have no further comment.

Caruso plays Horatio Caine on "CSI: Miami," which is in its seventh season on CBS and is consistently ranked among television's top-rated shows.[/QUOTE]

Hey Jordy, what was on Teh View today?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... am i the only one who always thinks of caruso as the pathetic pu$$y dweeb deputy in 1st blood? ...

l_j_r

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote=lamont_jordan_rules;3083045]... am i the only one who always thinks of caruso as the pathetic pu$$y dweeb deputy in 1st blood? ...

l_j_r[/quote]

yes

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote=FF2;3083004]Hey Jordy, what was on Teh View today?[/quote]

It's weird, I've just finished reading a few of your posts replying to me and I realized...you just aren't very funny anymore.

[QUOTE=Jordy;3083310]It's weird, I've just finished reading a few of your posts replying to me and I realized...you just aren't very funny anymore.[/QUOTE]

Was I ever, really? (and why is that weird?)

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote=FF2;3083326]Was I ever, really? (and why is that weird?)[/quote]

You've had your moments. It's weird because I wonder where it went.

[QUOTE=Jordy;3083350]You've had your moments. It's weird because I wonder where it went.[/QUOTE]

If I was ever funny it, was by mistake. I'm here to make solid football posts. Mostly draft-related.