Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EC Divisional Playoffs: (3) New Jersey Devils vs. (6) Carolina Hurricanes

EC Divisional Playoffs: (3) New Jersey Devils vs. (6) Carolina Hurricanes

EASTERN CONFERENCE DIVSIONAL PLAYOFFS:

Game 1:
    Wednesday, April 15 - 7:30 PM @ New Jersey

Game 2: Friday, April 17 - 7:30 PM @ New Jersey

Game 3: Sunday, April 19 - 7:30 PM @ Carolina

Game 4: Tuesday, April 21 - 7:30 PM @ Carolina

Game 5 (if necessary): Thursday, April 23 - 7:30 PM @ New Jersey

Game 6 (if necessary): Sunday, April 26 - TBA @ Carolina

Game 7 (if necessary): Tuesday, April 28 - 7:30 PM @ New Jersey
    Last edited by DevsJetsYanks88; 04-13-2009 at 03:07 AM.

I'll post the schedule as soon as it is announced...

Devils didn't fare to well against the Canes this year. 1-3, I believe. Hopefully, they turn it up for the playoffs.

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Devils didn't fare to well against the Canes this year. 1-3, I believe. Hopefully, they turn it up for the playoffs.

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!
    Good news is that since there is no national interest all the games will be on MSG and MSG+ and not on Vs. It's like Chico bonus time.

Board Moderator
    This is great match, Canes have owned the Debbies this season, should be a really fun series.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjetsman28 View Post
    Good news is that since there is no national interest all the games will be on MSG and MSG+ and not on Vs. It's like Chico bonus time.

Tonight! Let's go Devs!

All League
    Tough series, I'd say. Canes have been really hot of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Tough series, I'd say. Canes have been really hot of late.
    Should be a very tough series. Canes are hot, have fared well against the Devs this season, and in season's past. I think it's going 7 games, hopefully with the Devs coming out on top.

Just watched the game. Luckily I was able to avoid updates all night long and watch the game in peace after class. Wow. Just wow. I couldn't be happier with how they played tonight. They absolutely dominated this game from start to finish. Every aspect of the game. It's only game one, but if this is any indication of what to expect the rest of the playoffs, this is going to be one hell of a run.

Game 2 on Friday night.

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Just watched the game. Luckily I was able to avoid updates all night long and watch the game in peace after class. Wow. Just wow. I couldn't be happier with how they played tonight. They absolutely dominated this game from start to finish. Every aspect of the game. It's only game one, but if this is any indication of what to expect the rest of the playoffs, this is going to be one hell of a run.

Game 2 on Friday night.

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!
    They played like the Devils of mid January. Solid on the blue lines and very aggressive on offense getting to just about every loose puck. Too much cup winning experience on this team to let that awful finish continue in the playoffs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

That was certainly a better performance. Shame I can't get to any games this series. Maybe Bettman will throw me a saturday game next round.

I'm pumped. Can't wait for the game to start!

Ugh, tough loss last night. Definitely could have won that one. Any word on Langenbrunner? His absence really hurt us in the 3rd and OT. Team just seemed to get a little fatigued and out of sync being down a man.

One pretty cool story after the game. I was with one of my good friends, visiting his sisters down in Lyndhurst last night. Turns out Chico Resch lives in the upstairs of their duplex. I was able to meet him when he got home from the game and talk to him about the game for a few minutes. He's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Pretty cool experience.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playof...ews?id=4080103

Langenbrunner's return is questionable
    Associated Press

RALEIGH, N.C. -- New Jersey captain Jamie Langenbrunner will miss at least two games of the Devils' playoff series against the Carolina Hurricanes because of a lower body injury.

Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello said Saturday that Langenbrunner would miss Games 3 and 4 of the first-round series and that it was too early to tell whether the right winger would return for Game 5 back at home on Thursday, calling it "a day-by-day situation."

The teams split the first two games in New Jersey, and the series will continue on Sunday night. Game 4 is Tuesday.

Lamoriello called Langenbrunner's injury a "freak event." The captain was hurt Friday night in the second period of the Devils' 2-1 overtime loss.

"We don't know exactly where it transpired, but he felt it at a certain point," Lamoriello said.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

Fingers crossed for game 5...

Deep team this season as we saw with Brodeur...

Another trip to the bar for me tonight though...

Stuck with the Van SL game on VS...

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Fingers crossed for game 5...

Deep team this season as we saw with Brodeur...

Another trip to the bar for me tonight though...

Stuck with the Van SL game on VS...
    That sucks man. The whole series is on MSG+ so I guess you'll be going to the bar a lot, unfortunately.

Anyway, I'm not too thrilled about the game right now. Parise gives them the 1-0 lead in the first and before I can even blink, the game is tied.

ZAJAC IN OVERTIME BABYYY!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Not pretty, but still a W.

Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Not pretty, but still a W.
    Yes sir. I thought it was a pretty good effort tonight. Pretty tough atmosphere and they were able to match their intensity and come out with the win. Took a few stupid penalties, but the PK was pretty strong overall.