Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ***OFFICIAL 2009 NHL Playoffs THREAD***

All League
    Beat me to posting the article AND cracking the joke, damnit.

Saw it last night and got a few laughs out of it, some people just don't know when to shut up.

All League
    Starting to look like I was wrong with the East.

Gunna have to pack a few beers and watch the Canes/B's game tonight.. If Chara wasn't on Boston, I don't know I could stomache even one of these Eastern series.. The hype created for the Was/Pit series just disgusts me to a point where I don't care... I wish the NHL would stop trying to spoonfeed the game to people that will clearly never care.

One guy was even proposing taking OT out of hockey so people wouldn't get bored with excessive overtimes, another suggest top seed teams should pick their opponents.

If the Ducks or Wings weren't in, I think I'd rather watch golf, but it has nothing to do with the rules of the game.

/random rant

Quote Originally Posted by Steel7 View Post

Gunna have to pack a few beers and watch the Canes/B's game tonight.. If Chara wasn't on Boston, I don't know I could stomache even one of these Eastern series.. The hype created for the Was/Pit series just disgusts me to a point where I don't care... I wish the NHL would stop trying to spoonfeed the game to people that will clearly never care.

One guy was even proposing taking OT out of hockey so people wouldn't get bored with excessive overtimes, another suggest top seed teams should pick their opponents.

If the Ducks or Wings weren't in, I think I'd rather watch golf, but it has nothing to do with the rules of the game.

/random rant
    Ducks/Wings has been great, I'd love to see that go 7 with the Ducks taking it in Detroit.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life View Post
    Ducks/Wings has been great, I'd love to see that go 7 with the Ducks taking it in Detroit.
    Has been excellent without a doubt, I won't be shattered if the Wings take it though... I firmly believe whoever takes that series takes the cup.

What's up with Boston?

Has been excellent without a doubt, I won't be shattered if the Wings take it though... I firmly believe whoever takes that series takes the cup.

What's up with Boston?
    I'm very surprised that that ***** Staal and the Hurricanes are up 3-1.

Jets Insider VIP

What's up with Boston?
    People on here thought I was nuts when I said Boston was overrated after they beat the Canadiens in the 1st round. I don't think they can come back from 3-1 if for no other reason...Cam Ward.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    People on here thought I was nuts when I said Boston was overrated after they beat the Canadiens in the 1st round. I don't think they can come back from 3-1 if for no other reason...Cam Ward.
    I thought they were a lot better than this. Now I can't believe I preferred Washington over them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Boston held serve at home. The real test comes tomorrow night in Carolina. The Canes are very tough to beat at home.

Wings and Ducks probably going 7.

Capitals are in trouble.

Hawks have the momentum but they have a young team and it won't be easy for them to close it out.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharrow View Post
    I thought they were a lot better than this. Now I can't believe I preferred Washington over them.
    Going into the second round I was really hoping the Rangers took care of the Caps, I felt the Pens matched up better with Boston than Washington, but Boston looked pretty good last nite.

Rookie

/random rant
    Bored during excessive overtimes lol? I usually have a tough time even sitting down on a couch during playoff OTs.....any little play can lead to the end of a game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Exciting game last night between the Capitals and Pittsburgh.

Caps win in OT.

Pittsburgh fans throw garbage (plastic bottles and cups) on the ice at the Caps players as they celebrate.

Stay classy Pittsburgh fans.

What a disgrace.
    Last edited by Jordy; 05-12-2009 at 09:08 AM.

All League
    I can't believe Chicago beat out Vancouver. Wasn't this to be Vancouver's year? What happened to Luongo? Chicago scored a lot of goals this series...

re think that thought Sparky...Bs coming back!

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Go Bruins, would LOVE to see them embarrass Carolina..what a choke that would be (sorry southparkcpa).
    Last edited by JETS_for_life; 05-12-2009 at 09:58 PM.

Caps win in OT.

Pittsburgh fans throw garbage (plastic bottles and cups) on the ice at the Caps players as they celebrate.

What a disgrace.
    They'd have thrown heavier sh!t if they had it...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life View Post
    Go Bruins, would LOVE to see them embarrass Carolina..what a choke that would be (sorry southparkcpa).
    I'm torn. As a Whalers fan, I always enjoy a Carolina loss. However I predicted the Canes would win the series. So which Boston team shows up tomorrow??

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Either way, Boston doesn't have the juice to win it all.

Either way, Boston doesn't have the juice to win it all.
    Perhaps, perhaps not. But I love their grit in coming back from 3-1.

Tonight is the NHL dream matchup. Game 7 Ovie vs. Crosby.

The sad part is if the Caps win the cup and all series go 7 games the owner STILL loses money.

Rookie

Caps win in OT.

What a disgrace.
    I really can't stand when fans from other teams rip on all the fans from another team for the actions of some of the fans. You do this all the time Jordy, especially with Pens fans.

I also read that a few Pens fans were knocked unconscious in Washington by Caps fans throwing chairs after game 5. Does that mean all Caps fans are classless? Of course not, every pro sports team has a few bad apples for fans.....even the Rangers.
    Last edited by Led Halen; 05-13-2009 at 02:56 PM.