Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Goal of the Week from Crissy Ronaldo

  1. #1
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like

    Goal of the Week from Crissy Ronaldo


  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, not bad, but Brian Urlacher would have done a whole lot better.

  3. #3
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    Yeah, not bad, but Brian Urlacher would have done a whole lot better.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,715
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    Yeah, not bad, but Brian Urlacher would have done a whole lot better.
    ya know, i tried not to get too pissed about that thread, but it's crazy the amount of people who REALLY feel that way.


    i remember reading an article a few years back precisely on the same topic, and it included what they thought would be an "unbeatable" US Soccer lineup. i don't recall all the names, but the team was something like Shaq as the keeper, Urlacher and Ray Lewis as central defenders, McNabb and LeBron as midfielders, and Kobe and someone else as forwards (there were others, duh, but those are the ones i remember).

    and not that those dudes aren't great athletes, and i'm sure that they could all have been good/great soccer players if that was the sport they loved and grew up playing, but NOT ONE (with the possible exception of Kobe) could be an effective soccer player at their current weight/size. i remember thinking that any real team would run circles around this "unbeatable" squad, and score at will on Shaq by simply rolling balls to the lower corner, lol.


    not saying there aren't A TON of great american athletes, and again, i'm sure lots of 'em could have been tremendous soccer players if they actually played, but as a Costa Rican who has to face the US for WC qualifyers, i wouldn't be worried about guys like Shaq, Urlacher or Ray Lewis playing soccer, or even LeBron. i'd be 100 times more worried about guys like Allen Iverson, Derek Jeter, Steve Smith (Panthers), THOSE guys would scare the living **** out of me if they suited up for US Soccer.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,267
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    ...i'd be 100 times more worried about guys like Allen Iverson, Derek Jeter, Steve Smith (Panthers), THOSE guys would scare the living **** out of me if they suited up for US Soccer.

    Wait til you see my _________ draft entry!

  6. #6
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    ya know, i tried not to get too pissed about that thread, but it's crazy the amount of people who REALLY feel that way.


    i remember reading an article a few years back precisely on the same topic, and it included what they thought would be an "unbeatable" US Soccer lineup. i don't recall all the names, but the team was something like Shaq as the keeper, Urlacher and Ray Lewis as central defenders, McNabb and LeBron as midfielders, and Kobe and someone else as forwards (there were others, duh, but those are the ones i remember).

    and not that those dudes aren't great athletes, and i'm sure that they could all have been good/great soccer players if that was the sport they loved and grew up playing, but NOT ONE (with the possible exception of Kobe) could be an effective soccer player at their current weight/size. i remember thinking that any real team would run circles around this "unbeatable" squad, and score at will on Shaq by simply rolling balls to the lower corner, lol.


    not saying there aren't A TON of great american athletes, and again, i'm sure lots of 'em could have been tremendous soccer players if they actually played, but as a Costa Rican who has to face the US for WC qualifyers, i wouldn't be worried about guys like Shaq, Urlacher or Ray Lewis playing soccer, or even LeBron. i'd be 100 times more worried about guys like Allen Iverson, Derek Jeter, Steve Smith (Panthers), THOSE guys would scare the living **** out of me if they suited up for US Soccer.
    Kobe spent a good deal of his childhood in Italy, and he said that if he was't playing in the NBA, it would be his dream to play for AC Milan. So, he's probably the only one out of the guys you mentioned who could be a serviceable (not even a great) soccer player.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Wait til you see my _________ draft entry!
    lol

    No matter the theme, I'm still taking Vinnie Jones

    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Kobe spent a good deal of his childhood in Italy, and he said that if he was't playing in the NBA, it would be his dream to play for AC Milan. So, he's probably the only one out of the guys you mentioned who could be a serviceable (not even a great) soccer player.
    Kobe is a huge Barca fan. He was in Europe not long ago and went there with his Barca jersey.

  8. #8
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    lol

    No matter the theme, I'm still taking Vinnie Jones



    Kobe is a huge Barca fan. He was in Europe not long ago and went there with his Barca jersey.
    I remembered reading about his Milan fandom somewhere, so I did a google search and the first hit was an article I posted here almost three years ago --
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123637

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I remembered reading about his Milan fandom somewhere, so I did a google search and the first hit was an article I posted here almost three years ago --
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123637
    He prefers Barca now. Guess he's jumped on the bandwagon





    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1ETjF7TITs

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,267
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RaoulDuke;3113166]lol

    No matter the theme, I'm still taking Vinnie Jones

    QUOTE]

    lol...




    damn! Guess I'll have to settle for Bill Romanowski.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,006
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    He prefers Barca now. Guess he's jumped on the bandwagon


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1ETjF7TITs
    Hahaha :48 the kid stops going for the ball and just slaps Kobe in the bean bag. Hahahaha I laughed for a good minute

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty good goal this morning against the Arse as well - beat the keeper on his inside with a pile-driver from a set play from 35-40 yards. The prick.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us