Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I think we are taking Freeman.

All League

I think we are taking Freeman.

I have read just about every mock that was posted, a lot have us going WR, some QB some defense. Usually by the time draft day comes I narrow it down to the guy I think we are going with.....Unless I get a last minute change of heart I think we are taking Freeman.

Am I happy with the pick???? I am not sure.....i am really not sure.

If we go Freeman with the 1st and get a steal of a WR in this deep class in the 2nd, I could live with it.

anyone else get the feeling freeman is our pick?

I hope we land Tyson Jackson

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    don't belive everything you read....

he seems very jason campellesque to me. rather have malcolm jenkins

Rex Ryan is cut from the same mold as his old man. It would be very surprising to me that after all is said, that the JETS take an offensive player with Rex Ryan's first draft choice. I think Tanny will takes the best available defensive player for Rex Ryan. Period..............

[QUOTE=DBAKE;3091973]anyone else get the feeling freeman is our pick?[/QUOTE]

My apologies.....but no.

All League
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3091997]My apologies.....but no.[/QUOTE]

none needed.....just my opinion, and as i said i am not even sure i want him.

who do you think we will take? not who do you want.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3091997]My apologies.....but no.[/QUOTE]

Is this something new?

Apoligizing for ones opinion?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3092010]Is this something new?

Apoligizing for ones opinion?[/QUOTE]

Says the fleck who should be apologizing for his existence.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I think it's a possibility..:yes:

If Rey Maualuga is there at #17, you take him. I know inside lb isn't really a need, but he would probably be bpa at the time. Anyone that saw him play at USC, knows how awesome he is, then maybe you can trade up at the top of round two, for a Harvin or Britt.

Banned
    [QUOTE=meatboy;3092021]If Rey Maualuga is there at #17, you take him. I know inside lb isn't really a need, but he would probably be bpa at the time. Anyone that saw him play at USC, knows how awesome he is, then maybe you can trade up at the top of round two, for a Harvin or Britt.[/QUOTE]

Maualuga will be long gone by #17.

Banned
    I'd actually be shocked if they took Freeman. If the CS adds a QB it will be a veteran who can be an insurance policy in case Clemens and Ratliff can't hack it.

We're going wr or defense in round 1.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3092030]I'd actually be shocked if they took Freeman. If the CS adds a QB it will be a veteran who can be an insurance policy in case Clemens and Ratliff can't hack it.

We're going wr or defense in round 1.[/QUOTE]

if moreno falls dont rule him out.

All League
    If the Jets don't trade up tp grab a particular player, they will go for the BAP, regardless of whether it is an offensive or defensive player. :yes:

They already alluded to that in their pre-draft presser and actually mentioned that Schotty will be disappointed, if when they pick, the BAP happens to be a defensive player.

I sure hope we don't draft Freeman. Sanchez or no QB at all for me

Banned
    [QUOTE=jetman in indy;3092041]I sure hope we don't draft Freeman. Sanchez or no QB at all for me[/QUOTE]

I think Seattle is getting dirty Sanchez.

If he's there I think they take him.

However, if they feel he can slip until late 1st into the 2nd (would Tampa Bay pass on him?) I can see Tanny pulling a 2008 Keller move and trading up from their 2nd round pick to take Freeman.

If not - I see them going WR & DE 1st and 2nd (or vice versa)

Practice Squad
    I agree. I think if he's there, they take him. Not sure if i'd be happy. I hope Clemens can be great but what if he isn't? We then would have someone with potential to fall back on next year. Seems like a wasted pick but you have to think of the future?

Banned
    [QUOTE=rayzor;3092051]I agree. I think if he's there, they take him. Not sure if i'd be happy. I hope Clemens can be great but what if he isn't? We then would have someone with potential to fall back on next year. Seems like a wasted pick but you have to think of the future?[/QUOTE]

Problem is this is a win-now team. Faneca, Woody, T-Rich, Jenkins, Thomas Jones, Lito, Ellis - these guys aren't spring chickens and can't wait 2-3 years for Freeman to develop. I think Freeman is a talented QB but he's going to need a couple years and I'm tired of hearing about Ryan and Flacco - most QB's take a couple years to learn the position even Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.