Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a feeling all the WR's are falling

Veteran

I have a feeling all the WR's are falling

If you look at previous mocks, WR's always fall from where everyone thought they were going. Last year, some mocks had up to 4 or5 wr's being drafted rnd 1. They all fell. Maybe its wishful thinking, but Maclin at 17 is possible.

[QUOTE=Play2Win;3097480]If you look at previous mocks, WR's always fall from where everyone thought they were going. Last year, some mocks had up to 4 or5 wr's being drafted rnd 1. They all fell. Maybe its wishful thinking, but Maclin at 17 is possible.[/QUOTE]

Both JMac and Crabs will be gone by our 17 pick but BRITT will be there. Yeah Baby!!!!!!!!!!

[B]WR DEPTH CHART[/B]

COTCHERY
    CLOWNEY
    BRITT
    STUCKEY
    SMITH
    WRIGHT

MARK IT DOWN!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=jeT.MAC;3097503]Both JMac and Crabs will be gone by our 17 pick but BRITT will be there. Yeah Baby!!!!!!!!!!

[B]WR DEPTH CHART[/B]

COTCHERY
    CLOWNEY
    BRITT
    STUCKEY
    SMITH
    WRIGHT

MARK IT DOWN!![/QUOTE]

#17 is too early for Britt. He's a borderline 1st/2nd round pick.

Mayock thinks most of the wide receivers should not go until the second round. Lombardi made a good point as to why, by suggesting that none of the big receivers have the quickness to beat press coverage at the line. A big receiver that can't get off the line is...Marcus Henry.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3097527]#17 is too early for Britt. He's a borderline 1st/2nd round pick.[/QUOTE]

I remember people saying the same stuff about Terrell Owens in 1996. Hence we take Alex Van Dyke instead.

I love draftology "you can't pick this guy at 17 b/c he should go 25-30".

Banned
    [QUOTE=seanmac31;3097533]Mayock thinks most of the wide receivers should not go until the second round. Lombardi made a good point as to why, by suggesting that none of the big receivers have the quickness to beat press coverage at the line. A big receiver that can't get off the line is...Marcus Henry.[/QUOTE]

I think that while speed isn't Britt's strong point he does make up for it in alot of other areas (route running, hands, strength) and he had a good 40 time in the combine plus he rocked every other event. He's also probably the best blocking WR in this draft.

At the very least Britt ends up being a poor man's Keyshawn - which is still a significant upgrade over Smith, Clowney, Stuckey etc.

I'm all for drafting WR in the first, but it is hard to see Maclin falling to 17 though. Will all depend on what the Jags do, as the Raiders will take Crabtree (if available) or Maclin. If as rumored, the Browns pass up on Crabtree and the Jags focus on their O-Line then it may get interesting...but even then the 49s may snap him up. A few too many ifs, buts and maybes there. Hell, my head hurts...

Maclin as a Jet is a nice thought though and stranger things have happened on draft day.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Play2Win;3097480]If you look at previous mocks, WR's always fall from where everyone thought they were going. Last year, some mocks had up to 4 or5 wr's being drafted rnd 1. They all fell. Maybe its wishful thinking, but Maclin at 17 is possible.[/QUOTE]

No you don't have a feeling, thats reality setting in... :P

If players were drafted based on their fan & media hype (especially online), the first would be an assortment of QBs, WRs, RBs, etc etc.
    I mean the more educated fan you talk to, the more they appreciate O-lines, NTs, etc, but... c'mon. cooommooon. DHB's stock went up 300% in JI over the last month.. not indicative of whats really going on.

3 WRs go in the first. thats my prediction.

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3097543]I remember people saying the same stuff about Terrell Owens in 1996. Hence we take [B]Alex Van Dyke[/B] instead.

I love draftology "you can't pick this guy at 17 b/c he should go 25-30".[/QUOTE]

I remember Kiper at the time saying the Jets got the best dark horse in the draft and that he hasn't seen hands and route running that good since Steve Largent...

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3097543]I remember people saying the same stuff about Terrell Owens in 1996. Hence we take Alex Van Dyke instead.

I love draftology "you can't pick this guy at 17 b/c he should go 25-30".[/QUOTE]

couldn't agree more with this statement.

If they can trade down great, If not, take the player who you have on the top of your board.

Only WR's I really think go in the first are Crabtree and Maclin.

I'll redo my mock eventually and show how it works out.

[QUOTE=Paradis;3097592]No you don't have a feeling, thats reality setting in... :P

If players were drafted based on their fan & media hype (especially online), the first would be an assortment of QBs, WRs, RBs, etc etc.
    I mean the more educated fan you talk to, the more they appreciate O-lines, NTs, etc, but... c'mon. cooommooon. DHB's stock went up 300% in JI over the last month.. not indicative of whats really going on.

3 WRs go in the first. thats my prediction.[/QUOTE]

That sounds right. I have a fear of selecting WRs in the first round, but if Maclin drops...

Another thing to consider: 2010 has a great group of free agent wide outs. If I'm not mistaken, Fitz will be an UFA in 2010. Can we wait one more year for a true #1?

If we can avoid the uncapped season (which would make it very difficult to sign free agents), we should have a crack at some legitimate #1 receivers.

According to KFFL, UFA receivers include: Fitz, Braylon Edwards, Brandon Marshall, Greg Jennings, Roy Williams...

Considering the danger of drafting a wide receiver in the 1st round, maybe it's wise to wait for that free agent class... It'll also give us a chance to see what we really have in Clowney, etc... As always, JMO (not to be confused with MOJO)

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Jrex;3097776]That sounds right. I have a fear of selecting WRs in the first round, but if Maclin drops...

Another thing to consider: 2010 has a great group of free agent wide outs. If I'm not mistaken, Fitz will be an UFA in 2010. Can we wait one more year for a true #1?

If we can avoid the uncapped season (which would make it very difficult to sign free agents), we should have a crack at some legitimate #1 receivers.

According to KFFL, UFA receivers include: Fitz, Braylon Edwards, Brandon Marshall, Greg Jennings, Roy Williams...

Considering the danger of drafting a wide receiver in the 1st round, maybe it's wise to wait for that free agent class... It'll also give us a chance to see what we really have in Clowney, etc... As always, JMO (not to be confused with MOJO)[/QUOTE]

Roy Williams signed a contract extension last year with Dallas

The only WR "Falling" is Harvin, and that's half character related and half injury related...

DHB is still most definately a 1st round WR, and Nicks and Britt are on the cusp and could easily be 1st round picks. Especially considering at the end of the 1st round you have teams like Miami, Baltimore, NY Giants, Tennessee, who all should probably be looking WR in this draft.

[QUOTE=Chica me Tipo;3097742]Only WR's I really think go in the first are Crabtree and Maclin.

I'll redo my mock eventually and show how it works out.[/QUOTE]

Some say DHb could go to the Raiders. Might pass on watching the rest of the draft if that happened and raiders didn't trade back.( 7 way too early to take him)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3097547][B]I think that while speed isn't Britt's strong point[/B] he does make up for it in alot of other areas (route running, hands, strength) and he had a good 40 time in the combine plus he rocked every other event. He's also probably the best blocking WR in this draft.

At the very least Britt ends up being a poor man's Keyshawn - which is still a significant upgrade over Smith, Clowney, Stuckey etc.[/QUOTE]

Speed and quickness are different. A guy can have blazing straight line speed, but if he doesn't have the quickness to shake loose from press coverage at the LOS, he'll never have a chance to exhibit his speed.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Raider9175;3098023]Some say DHb could go to the Raiders. Might pass on watching the rest of the draft if that happened and raiders didn't trade back.( 7 way too early to take him)[/QUOTE]

Honestly, that's the first even quasi-criticism of the Raiders that I've ever seen from you.

WR's always fall. They get overvalued on the internet. Just look at last year, everyone had Devin Thomas like number 11 to the Bills. That wasnt even close.

All Pro
    nicks > britt

by a LOT

[QUOTE=jeT.MAC;3097503]Both JMac and Crabs will be gone by our 17 pick but BRITT will be there. Yeah Baby!!!!!!!!!!

[B]WR DEPTH CHART[/B]

COTCHERY
    CLOWNEY
    BRITT
    STUCKEY
    SMITH
    WRIGHT

MARK IT DOWN!![/QUOTE]
    Oh yes, I have a 1968 Macanudo 6/60 to light up when we get him !