Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have a feeling all the WR's are falling

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3097547]I think that while speed isn't Britt's strong point he does make up for it in alot of other areas (route running, hands, strength) and he had a good 40 time in the combine plus he rocked every other event. He's also probably the best blocking WR in this draft.

At the very least Britt ends up being a poor man's Keyshawn - which is still a significant upgrade over Smith, Clowney, Stuckey etc.[/QUOTE]

He will not need to be a blazer...he is fast enough...I see him being great in the RED ZONE !

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jeT.MAC;3097503]Both [B]JMac[/B] and Crabs will be gone by our 17 pick but BRITT will be there. Yeah Baby!!!!!!!!!!

[B]WR DEPTH CHART[/B]

COTCHERY
    CLOWNEY
    BRITT
    STUCKEY
    SMITH
    WRIGHT

MARK IT DOWN!![/QUOTE]

Thats the first time i saw Maclin referred to as JMAC. I no longer want him. :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Megalomaniac;3098075]nicks > britt

by a LOT[/QUOTE]

Apparently, the Giants held a workout with Nicks and he couldn't get through 10 plays. He was exhausted. I love his hands, but I want nothing to do with Hakeem Nicks.

I really really want Jeremy Maclin. Like a lot.

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3097543]I remember people saying the same stuff about Terrell Owens in 1996. Hence we take Alex Van Dyke instead.

[B]I love draftology "you can't pick this guy at 17 b/c he should go 25-30".[/B] [/QUOTE]

Agreed... if you like the guy and you know he won't be there with your next selection..... TAKE HIM!! Who cares if he's "supposed" to go a little later then when your on the clock.

PS... Britt would be a great fit here and I would be very happy if we took him @17 because I have him as the #3 or 4 WR in this draft behind only Crabtree, Maclin(both probably long gone @17), and maybe Robiskie. DHB, Harvin then Nicks I have just below those 4 and wouldn't be happy with any of them.
    Last edited by Starkweather; 04-25-2009 at 08:38 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3098088]Likely? NO

Possible? YES

I think Jacksonville is the key

If Maclin gets by Jacksonville, I think SF takes Everette Brown or one of the OT's at #10 and Maclin slides to 17

BUT ... right now I'm projecting Maclin to the Jags at #8[/QUOTE]

Draft Daddy Bitonti has him going to us at 17 in his mock. Man... would that make my weekend or what? Mac is the player I most want in round 1. If he falls to us I will love this draft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Wallace Wright;3099056]Apparently, the Giants held a workout with Nicks and he couldn't get through 10 plays. He was exhausted. I love his hands, but I want nothing to do with Hakeem Nicks.

I really really want Jeremy Maclin. Like a lot.[/QUOTE]

the biggest knock on nicks is poor conditioning. that's EASILY fixable.

leon was the same way. mangini eventually ripped into him for coming off the field during practice. remember that?