Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shonne Green 2008 highlight...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Zero career fumbles, too.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets selection of Shonn Greene is the perfect example of an organization that is trusting their eyes and paying attention to the tape. The kid had an amazing season and won the Doak Walker award as the nation's best running b ack. He gets to the combine and runs a slow 40, but ultimately winds up with a 4.51 time. Lots of NFL running backs out there with that time and, considering his size at 5'11" 235 (gasp), he actually has very good speed.
    When you consider the other things involved, like being the perfect complimentary back to Leon Washington, and the fact that he's a Jersey guy, you really begin to love this pick.
    Rex has stated all along that he wants to run the ball with a smashmouth mentality. Well, I don't think you could have dialed up a better runner in this year's draft class than Shonn Greene to fit that sort of game toughness. The best way to a)help your defense and, more importantly, b)help your young quarterback, whether it be Clemens or Sanchez, than by making sure the run game of this team is successful. Running and tough defense is what will make this team competitive and allow them to groom their young talent at QB. We are going to pound it down people's throats this year and then smack 'em upside the head when we're on defense.
    The Jets are comin' alright!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice clip.
    looks like barry foster or bam morris running for pittsburgh back in the day.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I already cant wait for preseason, I'm going to watch each and every snap here in 2009. I cant wait to see Mark Sanchez drop back and hit either Dustin Keller or Jericho Cotchery down field, I cant wait to see either Clemens or Sanchez hand the rock off to Shonn Greene during the preseason because I cant wait to see this guy run behind an NFL O-Line.

Not only does Shonn Greene bring talent to this backfield, but he also brings a N.Y type of Toughness thats 2nd to none, I love this freaking pick right here!

Jet fans have been talking about players such as Sanchez and Greene for months now and it's exciting to know that we drafted two college fan favorites.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    all of the Marion Barber comparisons made earlier appear to be dead on.