Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: brady quinn has talent

brady quinn has talent

it's too bad that he ended up with cleveland.they havethe worst front office and coaching staff in the n.f.l.their drafts have been subpar for as long as I can remember.I am sure that if a team like the jets with their very good offensive line and running attack could bring out the best in quinn.

they drafted him and their drafts are subpar.

F brady quinn. Nobody knows if he can play.

[QUOTE=Jetfan_Johnny;3097650]they drafted him and their drafts are subpar.

F brady quinn. Nobody knows if he can play.[/QUOTE]

Still an upgrade over what we have.:eek:

All League
    [QUOTE=Jetfan_Johnny;3097650]they drafted him and their drafts are subpar.

F brady quinn. Nobody knows if he can play.[/QUOTE]

nobody knows if clemens ratliff sanchez or freeman can play. i for one would take quinn over any of the above mentioned.

[QUOTE=SCITSCAT;3097651]Still an upgrade over what we have.:eek:[/QUOTE]

How can you really determine that?

Anyways, I wonder why Mangini is so set on trading away Quinn. I just don't understand what he's trying to do.

I just want a QB. :O

Banned
    [QUOTE=supergumbo;3097751]How can you really determine that?

Anyways, I wonder why Mangini is so set on trading away Quinn. I just don't understand what he's trying to do.[/QUOTE]

None of our QB's are really intriguing. Clemens has thrown twice as many picks as tds, Rat schooled 4th string defenses and Ainge is on his way to the Arena league.

Mangini is a dumb fat f*ck who is dead set on trading away all of his best players b/c they aren't his guys. He gave away one of the best tight ends in the NFL, is trying to give away a very talented 26 yr old wr who scored 2000 yds and 19 tds the last two seasons and probably wanted to give up his best defensive player.

This is the same man who alienated and traded away Pete Kendall and tried to replace him with garbage and used a top 10 pick on Gholston and 1st day picks on Schlegel and Eric Smith.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

We all know Brady Quinn has not played much in the NFL, but what we do know....

- He was a key player for ND's most successful runs in recent memory
    - He produced in front of huge crowds in huge TV markets
    - He has a decent arm
    - He is a terrific athlete
    - He played for an NFL coach while in college, in a passing scheme
    - He was an absolute gamer
    - He has NY written all over him based on his high exposure level at school and ability to deal with it
    - He was the starter last year until injury sidelined him
    - He would bring a buzz to the Jets they don't get from the position currently
    - NY has a gigantic ND fanbase, thus he will help Wood market the team

Go get him.

Banned
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3097894]We all know Brady Quinn has not played much in the NFL, but what we do know....

- He was a key player for ND's most successful runs in recent memory
    - He produced in front of huge crowds in huge TV markets
    - He has a decent arm
    - He is a terrific athlete
    - He played for an NFL coach while in college, in a passing scheme
    - He was an absolute gamer
    - He has NY written all over him based on his high exposure level at school and ability to deal with it
    - He was the starter last year until injury sidelined him
    - He would bring a buzz to the Jets they don't get from the position currently
    - NY has a gigantic ND fanbase, thus he will help Wood market the team

Go get him.[/QUOTE]

Has he thrown more than twice as many interceptions as tds for his career? No.

Has he schooled a 5th string defense in preseason? No, he only schooled 2nd string defenses and a 1st string defense in the regular season.

Has he skipped workouts and tested positive for something used to cover up roids? I think not.

Quinn ain't sh*t. We need to stick with what we have.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote=VincenzoTestaverde;3097908]Has he thrown more than twice as many interceptions as tds for his career? No.

Has he schooled a 5th string defense in preseason? No, he only schooled 2nd string defenses and a 1st string defense in the regular season.

Has he skipped workouts and tested positive for something used to cover up roids? I think not.

Quinn ain't sh*t. We need to stick with what we have.[/quote]
    I'm a little confused by your post...after rereading perhaps sarcasm?

anyway here's his stats

[URL]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Q/QuinBr00.htm[/URL]

at this point, i can't believe the market value for quinn is still a first round pick. either mangini prefers anderson, or he really doesn't care which qb he keeps, except that he thinks quinn can fetch more in a trade.

With Quinn we have the best scenario IMO. However, this is only possible if Sanchez slips to 5 for the Browns.

I agree with Jetswin above ...Quinn = 2nd and a 4th, right?

Then we still have our 1st and we can draft Knowshon or Maclin if he falls.

That be would an incredible first day.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3097917]I'm a little confused by your post...after rereading perhaps sarcasm?

anyway here's his stats

[URL]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Q/QuinBr00.htm[/URL][/QUOTE]

yes, im confused, also.

All League
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3097834]This is the same man who alienated and traded away Pete Kendall and tried to replace him with garbage and used a top 10 pick on Gholston and 1st day picks on Schlegel and Eric Smith.[/QUOTE]You do know that Tannenbaum is at least equally at fault for those moves, right? You can't just heap the bad on Mangini while giving Tanny the credit for the good.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SCITSCAT;3097651]Still an upgrade over what we have.:eek:[/QUOTE]

Not so sure. Clemens' college numbers compare favorably with him.

Banned
    [QUOTE=dassin;3097932]With Quinn we have the best scenario IMO. However, this is only possible if Sanchez slips to 5 for the Browns.

That be would an incredible first day.[/QUOTE]

If we come out of this weekend with a QB, I want that QB to be Brady Quinn.

I'm not a big fan of the projected 1st round QBs this year, and Jason Campbell is mediocre.

For 2nd and a later pick, I'd love to get Quinn. I even mentioned yesterday that I'd love to trade #17 to the Browns' for their 2nd rounder and Quinn.

Banned
    [QUOTE=swityak11;3098018]You do know that Tannenbaum is at least equally at fault for those moves, right? You can't just heap the bad on Mangini while giving Tanny the credit for the good.[/QUOTE]

Both of them certainly share in the blame but Mangini looks like he's self-destructing in Cleveland.

[QUOTE=sourceworx;3098036]If we come out of this weekend with a QB, I want that QB to be Brady Quinn.

I'm not a big fan of the projected 1st round QBs this year, and Jason Campbell is mediocre.

For 2nd and a later pick, I'd love to get Quinn. I even mentioned yesterday that I'd love to trade #17 to the Browns' for their 2nd rounder and Quinn.[/QUOTE]

Brady Quinn isn't good enough to QB the team he is on what makes you think he will be any different here?

Sometimes the best move is to not make one!

[QUOTE=dassin;3097932]With Quinn we have the best scenario IMO. However, this is only possible if Sanchez slips to 5 for the Browns.

That be would an incredible first day.[/QUOTE]

I dont wanna part with the first either for Quinn, especially if they draft Sanchez which I just dont think they will. If they did, dealing Quinn or Anderson just gets that much less value for them.

If they draft Sanchez offer a fourth for Quinn, and maybe barter up to a third. If they dont draft Sanchez, offer a third for Quinn and MAYBE barter up to a second.

ive met brady quinn. He's a douche.

[IMG]http://thenastyboys.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/quinn.jpg[/IMG]