Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: brady quinn has talent

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3097894]We all know Brady Quinn has not played much in the NFL, but what we do know....

- He was a key player for ND's most successful runs in recent memory
    - He produced in front of huge crowds in huge TV markets
    - He has a decent arm
    - He is a terrific athlete
    - He played for an NFL coach while in college, in a passing scheme
    - He was an absolute gamer
    - He has NY written all over him based on his high exposure level at school and ability to deal with it
    - He was the starter last year until injury sidelined him
    - He would bring a buzz to the Jets they don't get from the position currently
    - NY has a gigantic ND fanbase, thus he will help Wood market the team

Go get him.[/QUOTE]

Everything you have said about Quinn is based on his performance in college which, by the way, was really misleading. What big time college programs did Quinn's Irish beat other than a rapidly fading Michigan. Quinn lost every big game he played in while at Notre Dame. Charlie Weis has been a disaster at ND up to this point and has failed to show the ability to turn HIS recruits into NFL caliber players.

Clemens is better equal or superior to Quinn in all real football areas.

1. He's more experienced.
    2. He's more mobile.
    3. He's got a stronger arm
    4. He played behind Hall of Famer Brett Favre last season.
    5. He's physically tougher.
    6. He has more experience in our system.
    7. He has earned the respect and trust of our players.

The only area in which Quinn is superior to Clemens is hype. Never has so much been expected from someone who has produced so little.

Clemens' numbers look bad because he started behind a truly pathetic offensive line in 07. Behind the Oline we have now we will get a real chance to see what he can do.

I wouldnt give more than a 3rd round pick for Quinn. He's a back up Quarter back with little real experience. No more, no less.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quinn impressed me, in the limited time he played last year.

would not be dissapointed if NYJ traded for him.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3098058]

ive met brady quinn. He's a douche.

[/QUOTE]

What does that have to do with performing on a football field?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did I miss something on Brady Quinn?Is he a probowl QB? Did he win a playoff game or something? How can any one say Quinn is that much better then Clemens or even Ratliffe for that matter either.I keep hearing Clevland wants a 1st rounder,they need to get off the pipe. Like it or not the Jets bringing Quinn in to the fold just adds another inexperienced (who may or may not be better then what we have)QB in to a muddled picture.Best case scenario is trade down and pick up some more (and very needed)draft picks and let Clemens/Ratty battle it out in camp.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    if the jets could bring in a qb who has a legit chance of emerging as the starting qb for the jets, he's worth the use of a 2nd round pick. i can't see a team dealing a 1st round pick in this draft for quinn at this point.

even if clemens may be ready this year, the jets still need to proceed as if they have no starting qb. you can't go to a picnic on a day it might rain and not bring an umbrella, hoping there will be somewhere to run for cover if it does in fact rain. GMs must embrace contingency planning.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=PatsFanTX;3098114]What does that have to do with performing on a football field?[/quote]
    nothing
    [quote=LI JET FAN;3098141]Did I miss something on Brady Quinn?Is he a probowl QB? Did he win a playoff game or something? How can any one say Quinn is that much better then Clemens or even Ratliffe for that matter either.I keep hearing Clevland wants a 1st rounder,they need to get off the pipe. Like it or not the Jets bringing Quinn in to the fold just adds another inexperienced (who may or may not be better then what we have)QB in to a muddled picture.Best case scenario is trade down and pick up some more (and very needed)draft picks and let Clemens/Ratty battle it out in camp.[/quote]
    I don't think anyone here is thinking about a 1st rounder? I'm not, I like dassin's 2 & 4 scenario

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quinn might have talent but Clemens has more experince during regular season games but that was back in 2007. Tough call!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't Quinn like 5'8"?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SCITSCAT;3097651]Still an upgrade over what we have.:eek:[/QUOTE]

I can just see QUINN behind that OL that Clemens had to work witha few years ago! Oh, he would be great I suppose in your opinion! LOL Give it a rest! We do not know much about Clemens or Ratty. Quinn got a lot of headlines in college and won what? Has he beaten out the mid- rated Anderson yet? The point is until we see what Clemens/ Ratty can do with a good OL; run game; receivers that can spread the field, you are just showng your biasness for whatever reason suits you.:zzz:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MileHiJetMan;3099043]Isn't Quinn like 5'8"?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, about an inch taller than Clemens.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3098058]ive met brady quinn. He's a douche.

[IMG]http://thenastyboys.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/quinn.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I met Marino and he was a douche, but who gives a rats ass.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=tacitus0;3098065]Everything you have said about Quinn is based on his performance in college which, by the way, was really misleading. What big time college programs did Quinn's Irish beat other than a rapidly fading Michigan. Quinn lost every big game he played in while at Notre Dame. Charlie Weis has been a disaster at ND up to this point and has failed to show the ability to turn HIS recruits into NFL caliber players.[/QUOTE]

What big games did Peyton Manning win in college? Gee, maybe Quinn didn't win the big games in college b/c he was playing against BETTER TEAMS. That USC game where Leinart ran in for the td late in the 4th qtr for the comeback win, how was Brady Quinn supposed to stop that? You seriously think ND had a chance to beat LSU in the Superdome? Put down your pipe.

Weiss has been a disaster ever since he lost Quinn. It's starting to look like Weiss actually had a talented football team his first couple years at ND with all of Willingham's recruits b/c he can't win with who he has now.

And btw, alot of Notre Dame's recent NFL players have been pretty good. Anthony Fasano is a solid all-around tight end for the Phins. John Carlson had more receiving yards as a rookie tight end then Dustin Keller last season and Ryan Grant is a very good featured back in Green Bay. Quinn looked pretty good last season until he broke his finger on his throwing hand.
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 04-25-2009 at 09:27 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jayrad01;3099361]I met Marino and he was a douche, but who gives a rats ass.[/QUOTE]

Knicks shouldn't have drafted Patrick Ewing b/c he wasn't a nice guy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/05/yipesbrady.jpg[/IMG]

nice or not, i don't understand the starting QB that finds this funny