Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pat Kirwan on WFAN

All Pro

Pat Kirwan on WFAN

Boomer and Carton just aksed if the Jets stay at #17 and Freeman is there do they pick him.. He said he spoke with Freeman and Freeman told him that the Jets actually cancelled a meeting with him. So he highly doubts Freeman will be picked by us. At #17 we are looking WR if no other QBs are there.

All League
    Is that smoke?

Right now there is no telling what is going to happen.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=djaparz;3097885]Boomer and Carton just aksed if the Jets stay at #17 and Freeman is there do they pick him.. He said he spoke with Freeman and Freeman told him that the Jets actually cancelled a meeting with him. So he highly doubts Freeman will be picked by us. At #17 we are looking WR if no other QBs are there.[/QUOTE]

That is the most positive thing I have heard out of all of this draft rumour BS.

[QUOTE=djaparz;3097885]Boomer and Carton just aksed if the Jets stay at #17 and Freeman is there do they pick him.. He said he spoke with Freeman and Freeman told him that the Jets actually cancelled a meeting with him. So he highly doubts Freeman will be picked by us. At #17 we are looking WR if no other QBs are there.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't read too much into that.

I believe the Jets never worked out Revis but then traded up to get him...

All Pro
    i can see not having a workout and then drafting, but canceling? That is either a great smoke screen or just no interest.

Banned
    Jets aren't getting a QB this weekend. Period.

All League
    Many teams purposely avoid meeting with players they want to draft in order to throw the bloodhounds off of the scent. So, this may or may not mean something. ANYTHING can happen, come draft day.

[QUOTE=djaparz;3097899]i can see not having a workout and then drafting, but canceling? That is either a great smoke screen or just no interest.[/QUOTE]

Well this would be a followup meeting they cancelled since they already met him and worked him out for like 2 days a few weeks ago.

I heard Freeman say, I think it was on NFLN, that the Jets said they liked him but they doubt he will be there at 17.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I can totally see the Jets taking Percy Harvin at #17.

Personally I hope they do.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Jet Blast;3097906]Many teams purposely avoid meeting with players they want to draft in order to throw the bloodhounds off of the scent. So, this may or may not mean something. ANYTHING can happen, come draft day.[/QUOTE]

Jets didn't meet with him b/c they are not getting a QB this weekend.

They're not trading up for Sanchez (way too expensive), Freeman they probably don't like, Campbell probably won't get traded and even if he does it won't be to us and Quinn/Anderson - one of them probably ends up in Tampa or Minnesota.

Clemens/Rat/Ainge are our QB's for next season. That's just how it is.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3097902]Jets aren't getting a QB this weekend. Period.[/QUOTE]

+1

We have a defensive minded coach and untried talent on the bench, we gotta see what they can do first. :yes:

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;3097911]I can totally see the Jets taking Percy Harvin at #17.

Personally I hope they do.[/QUOTE]

He is exciting to watch. I'm just worried about durability.

Imagine him split out and Leon in the slot? Whoa! :eek:

[QUOTE=LockeJET;3097911]I can totally see the Jets taking Percy Harvin at #17.

Personally I hope they do.[/QUOTE]

i think i read somewhere he still has a hole in his foot. too many injury and personality questions to take at 17

Banned
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3097922]+1

We have a defensive minded coach and untried talent on the bench, we gotta see what they can do first. :yes:[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call what we have on the bench talent.

Interesting, I just read this from an interview with Brian Billick.

[QUOTE]Former Ravens coach Brian Billick shared an interesting perspective on a team's draft war room. Billick said that you prepare for months, arrive at the day, and then everyone is still arguing about the picks.

He also said that they play liar's poker with the press and other teams. He said he never told the truth to outsiders.

Billick also shared a great story about calling a guy once to tell him he was a Raven ... and it turned out they didn't pick him. They got him in a later round though.

Billick said that there's no obvious blue-chippers in this draft. He said there are good players, but they aren't "write-it-down-in-the-book perennial Pro Bowler."

Dan asked Billick about a player with a red flag like Percy Harvin. "He's either just too stupid to play for you. Or he has a problem he hasn't acknowledged," Billick said.

Billick said he gave his coaches the Wonderlic, and the results scared him so much, he started throwing prospects' scores out.

[/QUOTE]

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3097948]I wouldn't call what we have on the bench talent.[/QUOTE]

they have the talent to make the NFL. the question is do they have enough talent to be a difference maker as in being a starter and leader. that's what we need to find out.

"Billick said he gave his coaches the Wonderlic, and the results scared him so much, he started throwing prospects' scores out."

:D Thats pretty good.

[QUOTE=C Mart;3097896]I wouldn't read too much into that.

I believe the Jets never worked out Revis but then traded up to get him...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and I think McFadden partied it up here in New York before he was taken by the Raiders. We may have taken him if he was there, and maybe we tried to get him, but we didnt either way.

Really though, what better way to make everyone think you aint intrested than to cancel meeting someone?

[QUOTE=Jet Fumes;3098071]Yeah, and I think McFadden partied it up here in New York before he was taken by the Raiders. We may have taken him if he was there, and maybe we tried to get him, but we didnt either way.

Really though, [B][U]what better way to make everyone think you aint intrested than to cancel meeting someone[/U][/B]?[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly...

What I find more telling is who we have heard NOTHING about at all.

We have heard the JETS want a blocking TE, and we may have even heard them working out Pettigrew, but I certainly dont see nearly as much about drafting him as compared to Sanchez, Freeman or the receivers.

Know what I heard only twice now? Moreno at 17. No pre-draft hype on that choice either. Did they even work him out? Has he been here for a visit even?

If he has, I aint heard it.