Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pat Kirwan on WFAN

[QUOTE=augustiniak;3098433]woody is having trouble selling tickets. woody wants a new, sexy qb.[/QUOTE]

You do not buy an NFL team because you want to make money. I'm sick of people selling Woody short. They guy clearly wants to win and he has gone about things in an intelligent manner. He has consistently paid the money necessary to bring in free agents and other than Tanny's brain fart on the Revis negotiations, there have been no rookie hold outs.

He's also smart enough to know that no one is buying tickets to see David Carr, Joey Harrington, and Alex Smith.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3098435]yes they did.....[/QUOTE]

So what's your take. What do you think the Jets are going to do Saturday? End of day Saturday who will be new members of the NY Jets? Thanks

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=C Mart;3098452]So what's your take. What do you think the Jets are going to do Saturday? End of day Saturday who will be new members of the NY Jets? Thanks[/QUOTE]

the draft is so mish-mosh with mediocre talent most of the teams except the top four are in a wait and see mode....I expect a long first round tomorrow...

in the end I think the Jets end up with Daruis Heyward-Bey or Moreno or trade down and possibly take Britt, maybe Robskie....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3098466]the draft is so mish-mosh with mediocre talent most of the teams except the top four are in a wait and see mode....I expect a long first round tomorrow...

in the end I think the Jets end up with [B]Daruis Heyward-Bey [/B]or Moreno or trade down and possibly take Britt, maybe Robskie....[/QUOTE]

Oh god no!!!!!!!!!!!! Please not bust to be DHB.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;3098450]You do not buy an NFL team because you want to make money. I'm sick of people selling Woody short. They guy clearly wants to win and he has gone about things in an intelligent manner. He has consistently paid the money necessary to bring in free agents and other than Tanny's brain fart on the Revis negotiations, there have been no rookie hold outs.

He's also smart enough to know that no one is buying tickets to see David Carr, Joey Harrington, and Alex Smith.[/QUOTE]

Of course Woody wants to win, but he's a businessman first and foremost.

Sanchez not only has the chance to be a great QB, but he's a highly marketable commodity in New York.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=Paradis;3098403]Has anyone considered the possibility that one of our QBs excels this year and we have a first rate caliber signal caller on the team next year without having to mortage the farm or give up a litany of drafts picks? is that so insane to hope for?[/QUOTE]

No chance that Clemens or Ratliff will ever be "first rate caliber signal callers". IMHO of course.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Untouchable;3098582]Of course Woody wants to win, but he's a businessman first and foremost.

Sanchez not only has the chance to be a great QB, but he's a highly marketable commodity in New York.[/QUOTE]

What business was Woody involved with?

Philanthropist isn't really a business, is it?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3098592]What business was Woody involved with?

Philanthropist isn't really a business, is it?[/QUOTE]

Ever hear of Johnson & Johnson?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3098592][B]What business was Woody involved with?[/B]

[/QUOTE]

Are you serious???

Banned
    [QUOTE=RIJetFan;3098600]Ever hear of Johnson & Johnson?[/QUOTE]

Woody had absolutely nothing to do with Johnson & Johnson.

All League
    There is nothing wrong with hope, but lets have a contingency plan. Ratliff played horrible during flag football in camp. Its obvious there is no one to push Clemens or God forbid, come in if Clemens fails or gets injured.

Lets stop pretending that Clemens is an unknown entity. I'm not referring to just the few games during garbage time in 2007. We still have the same OC that has been working with him since he came to the Jets. They've seen him in camp, practice, etc. for 3+ years now.

If they were confident in his abilities, than QB would be a non-issue. Its obviously not the case.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;3098592]What business was Woody involved with?

Philanthropist isn't really a business, is it?[/QUOTE]

Woody is/was the CEO of a private investment company....which another of saying "he managed his inheritance" or, more likely "hired people to manage his inheritance".

Banned
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3098662]Woody is/was the CEO of a private investment company....which another of saying "he managed his inheritance" or, more likely "hired people to manage his inheritance".[/QUOTE]

Gotta give the guy credit, he does give away a lot of his money to charitable organizations.

You think if Jets fans season ticket holders would file for non-profit status, Woody would waive PSL's?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3098708]Gotta give the guy credit, he does give away a lot of his money to charitable organizations.

You think if Jets fans season ticket holders would file for non-profit status, Woody would waive PSL's?[/QUOTE]

I'm not a big fan of Woody's, but he's done a decent job in not taking his silver spoon and making a complete ass of himself. In fact, he probably took the optimal approach with his fortune:

a) give it away to worthy causes;
    b) buy a sports team.

In my mind, his priorities are pretty straight. I won't comment on him trading in his first wife after she ages on the slim chance that my wife decides to break into my JI account :D

kyle clifton 59

[QUOTE=Paradis;3098403]Has anyone considered the possibility that one of our QBs excels this year and we have a first rate caliber signal caller on the team next year without having to mortage the farm or give up a litany of drafts picks? is that so insane to hope for?[/QUOTE]
    Great point:applause::applause:

[QUOTE=C Mart;3098473]Oh god no!!!!!!!!!!!! Please not bust to be DHB.

Thanks for your thoughts.[/QUOTE]

Apparently the Giants have DHB at the top of their draft board and are trying to trade up for him, then again this is the same team that drafted Mario Manningham and Sinorice Moss. Either way there's no guarantee that DHB will bust, imo he has some extreme potential if he learns how to run routes properly.

[QUOTE=XingDaorong;3098843]Apparently the Giants have DHB at the top of their draft board and are trying to trade up for him, then again this is the same team that drafted Mario Manningham and Sinorice Moss. Either way there's no guarantee that DHB will bust, imo he has some extreme potential if he learns how to run routes properly.[/QUOTE]

They can have him.

I posted this in another thread....

This guy scares me. All I have to go on are reports but he just sounds like another Williamson, Lelie....I'll take a chance at 17 on a potential franchise QB i.e. Freeman but this guy just scares me...Freeman's liabilities sound correctable i.e. coaching, footwork etc...But lack of toughness and shying away from going over the middle isn't going to change at the next level. JMO

Competitiveness: Heyward-Bey lacks the strength to defeat a strong jam and is the type who shies away from going over the middle for the ball. He has very good timing and extension to compete for the pass at its high point, but is the type who will flinch going for the ball in a crowd. He also is a liability as a blocker, lacking the desire or punch to face up to his opponent. The staff says he is a good competitor, but he needs to show better urgency getting underneath the throws.

Work Habits: Heyward-Bey has good football character and takes pride in his work ethic, but he needs to dedicate more hours in the weight room to improve his overall strength. He takes a passive approach to blocking and must become more aggressive competing for the ball in a crowd. He is coachable and not the type who needs to be pushed, but must put in more hours in the training room, as his lack of strength could become an issue at the next level.

Compares To: ASHLEY LELIE, Oakland -- Heyward-Bey has exceptional quickness, but there is a lot of inconsistency in his play. Yes, he is a dangerous deep threat, but you have to question his courage going for the ball in traffic. He has natural hands, but tends to hear the feet of defenders too much, double-clutching too often when working in tight areas. He became the Combine darling, but appears to be more of an athlete than football player. Those types are more bust than boom, but look for him to be drafted much earlier based on his athleticism than production.

[url]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/564881[/url]

Smoky mirrors!

But I digest...