Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just cancelled my seasons

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Just cancelled my seasons

10 years on the wait list;8 years at the stadium with 4 seats; 1 home playoff game; several seasons of worthless tickets; not a call from the silver spoons reps about the new stadium;I'm done.
    Hope Johnson & Johnson are happy with the Madoff bred 20Kper seat PSL holders. They all deserve each other. How many more of these greed filthy pigs are going to cap themselves in the coming days because of their wealthmongering? Real men, you think?This is whose been invited to the dance in place of the true fan. You know who they are. The wenches on the cell phones behind home plate duting a world series game!!
    I can only hope the seats remain empty & our game is delivered back to whom it belongs; The true fan who would sit through a season without the hope of a playoff but proud to be a fan.Never missing a game & enjoying a great tailgate in the lot hours before game time. The Johnsons have shown a great many of us the door.
    I'm proud to be a part a now past history of working class sports fans.Take the ballparks with $100 bargain seats-7$hot dogs & 8$ beers;$4 peanuts & stick it.
    My sons were fortunate enough to see the seasons we've had.My true regret is not being able to leave them a legacy of a Jets season ticket. To all in section 314 God Bless & till we meet again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    they never called you? Did you get your playbook?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sadly it is all supply and demand. Long waiting lists, Ebay and StubHub have proven the market value of the seats. PSLs may reduce demand for a while, especially in this economy, but I don't see them foresaking profit to accomidate the regular guy.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=djaparz;3098056]they never called you? Did you get your playbook?[/quote]
    I'm surprised by that as well.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I received the play book;posted my online preferences & even called twice to inquire my chances of remaining upstairs. On each call I was told there was no chance of remaining upstairs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I never spoke with anyone either. They did leave a message and when I called back the line was busy. I've had tix since '96. I won't pay a red cent for endzone seats, and they can stuff $400/game for mezzanine. Maybe the Ryan Express will strike quick and make me happy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm thinking of bailing for the last year in the old stadium, too. Got my playbook, no phone call. No chance of upper with my 7 year seniority. Being forced to buy worthless preseason tickets that can't be given away. Would rather buy 1 or 2 games and do road trip instead.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=harris2dog;3098085]I received the play book;posted my online preferences & even called twice to inquire my chances of remaining upstairs. On each call I was told there was no chance of remaining upstairs.[/quote]
    they told me no chance also...I've had seats for 19 years, I still remain hopeful

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you get your wish JETS WIN. I just can't see laying out $3200 for next year & then being invited out the door the next. Reality can bite. A real heartbreak .I guess I'm just a stub hubber now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here

Got on the waitlist in '96. Had tickets last year for the first time and enjoyed the hell out of every game. The wife and I would like to do it again, but figure we have to prioritize our spending.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    scalpers are in high demand these days...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=harris2dog;3098025]This is whose been invited to the dance in place of the true fan. You know who they are. The wenches on the cell phones behind home plate duting a world series game!!
    [/QUOTE]

Great line and very sad post. Well done.

How many great fans like you are falling by the wayside? Thousands, I bet.

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;3098106]I'm thinking of bailing for the last year in the old stadium, too. [/QUOTE]

Whoa...hey. Not so fast, alligator arms....you're my guy for opening day tix.

Think about that, before you act selfishly!

:D;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I started a thread about the problems the Mets and Yankees are having with their high-priced seats. It's the first month of the baseball season and the Yankees have hundreds of empty seats at home games in a brand new stadium??? Someone in the Yankee braintrust didn't carry the 1 when doing the math in the economic model for pricing. And the Jets aren't even close to being the Yankees. We can only hope they're watching.

(Incidentally, there are no PSL's in teh Hamper and seating is first come, first serve!)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3098219]

Whoa...hey. Not so fast, alligator arms....you're my guy for opening day tix.

Think about that, before you act selfishly!

:D;)[/QUOTE]
    If by opening day you mean the preseason game against St Louis, I may re-up.:D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;3098233]If by opening day you mean the preseason game against St Louis, I may re-up.:D[/QUOTE]

Whoa hey, gyp alert!

:eek:

;)

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks 32 Green. I have my hi def & frig to keep me company. Sad thing is my wife loves the game too. I had no resistance to spending the money on tickets except my own ability tp pay. There won't be any replacing the true gang green fans in the upper deck.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    funny thing i just read that the yankees may increase prices next year.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3098223]I started a thread about the problems the Mets and Yankees are having with their high-priced seats. It's the first month of the baseball season and the Yankees have hundreds of empty seats at home games in a brand new stadium??? Someone in the Yankee braintrust didn't carry the 1 when doing the math in the economic model for pricing. And the Jets aren't even close to being the Yankees. We can only hope they're watching.

(Incidentally, there are no PSL's in teh Hamper and seating is first come, first serve!)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=djaparz;3098294]funny thing i just read that the yankees may increase prices next year.[/QUOTE]

I mentioned this in a baseball thread, but last Fri., there were two field level sections I saw right behind each ball boy...each is approx. 100 seats each.

big empty squares, not 1 azz in a single seat except for the lone security guard in each section keeping out the riff-raff....(best job in Yankee stadium, no doubt)

When you have sections that big without 1 azz in them, that means they held them to package them up and gambled wrong....ironically, the people that were moved out of there and would have gladly payed a reasonable price to get back, were prolly looking down from those seats from above....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=harris2dog;3098025]10 years on the wait list;8 years at the stadium with 4 seats; 1 home playoff game; several seasons of worthless tickets; not a call from the silver spoons reps about the new stadium;I'm done.
    Hope Johnson & Johnson are happy with the Madoff bred 20Kper seat PSL holders. They all deserve each other. How many more of these greed filthy pigs are going to cap themselves in the coming days because of their wealthmongering? Real men, you think?This is whose been invited to the dance in place of the true fan. You know who they are. The wenches on the cell phones behind home plate duting a world series game!!
    I can only hope the seats remain empty & our game is delivered back to whom it belongs; The true fan who would sit through a season without the hope of a playoff but proud to be a fan.Never missing a game & enjoying a great tailgate in the lot hours before game time. The Johnsons have shown a great many of us the door.
    I'm proud to be a part a now past history of working class sports fans.Take the ballparks with $100 bargain seats-7$hot dogs & 8$ beers;$4 peanuts & stick it.
    My sons were fortunate enough to see the seasons we've had.My true regret is not being able to leave them a legacy of a Jets season ticket. To all in section 314 God Bless & till we meet again.[/quote]Sporting events are "events" unfortunately. the ditz talking with her poodle's stylist during a suicide squeeze play are going to be there. I feel your distaste for the entire charade...good luck

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    :cryin: