Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Phil Simms on Fatcessa

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,190

    Phil Simms on Fatcessa

    Loves, loves, love Sanchez

    Likes Staford

    So so on Freeman

    Does not like Pat White

    Didn't say it directly but seemed to think that draft chart goes out the window and it would be possible for the Jets to trade up to 4

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,003
    My least favorite announcer ever, if I had 3 wishes - number 3 would be to ban Phil Simms from covering Jets games.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,332
    Simms really knows QB, I trust his opinion.

    If the Jets have a chance to get Sanchez do it.

  4. #4
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,261
    Smart guy

    I agree on all counts and have been posting the same thing for months.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,599
    I see nothing wrong with Simms. he is honest and is willing to admit when he is wrong. I actuially like him a great deal.

  6. #6

    Lightbulb Phil Simms is OK

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Smart guy

    I agree on all counts and have been posting the same thing for months.
    Way to Go, Phil. ! Jets don't need another Project in Josh Freeman-- and thats what he is, a Junior from a small program who is years away from doing anything in the NFL.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,586
    I'm not sold on Sanchez. He's got 1 season under his belt, just no telling how he will pan out.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Quote Originally Posted by woodside View Post
    Loves, loves, love Sanchez

    Likes Staford

    So so on Freeman

    Does not like Pat White

    Didn't say it directly but seemed to think that draft chart goes out the window and it would be possible for the Jets to trade up to 4
    I don't think Simms was that high on Staff. Said his arm isn't as strong as Cutler's and arm strength is supposed to be his big selling point. Said his feet aren't as good as Sanchez either.

  9. #9
    simms can't even teach his own sons how to play.


    jk. chris is alright, still deserves a shot. matt, on the other hand...is he even starting in college?

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    Way to Go, Phil. ! Jets don't need another Project in Josh Freeman-- and thats what he is, a Junior from a small program who is years away from doing anything in the NFL.
    Phil did say in regard to Freeman that he didn't have much to work with at KSU and he did not like the style of offense KSU ran i.e. that Freeman had to run.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,612
    Im really interested on what Jeff Hosteler had to say about this QB class...

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,435
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    Simms really knows QB, I trust his opinion.

    If the Jets have a chance to get Sanchez do it.
    yeah and so does jaworski who just loved clemens.....how did that work out.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,435
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    I'm not sold on Sanchez. He's got 1 season under his belt, just no telling how he will pan out.
    why does he only have 1 season under his belt??????

    oh yeah, he couldnt beat out JOHN DAVID BOOTY!!!

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,538
    Quote Originally Posted by woodside View Post
    Loves, loves, love Sanchez

    Likes Staford

    So so on Freeman

    Does not like Pat White

    Didn't say it directly but seemed to think that draft chart goes out the window and it would be possible for the Jets to trade up to 4
    I really don't believe we are trading up.

    That said, I heard on Mike and Mike the other morning, that the traditional draft pick value chart is out the window this year due to the struggling economy.

    Don't totally understand what one has to do with the other but that's what they said.

    I don't have a link for it but I distinctly remember them talking about that.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,792
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I really don't believe we are trading up.

    That said, I heard on Mike and Mike the other morning, that the traditional draft pick value chart is out the window this year due to the struggling economy.

    Don't totally understand what one has to do with the other but that's what they said.

    I don't have a link for it but I distinctly remember them talking about that.
    Because teams in the top 10 don't want to have to pay what these picks are going to get.

    so they are looking to trade down and want to trade down so much they are willing to take less than what the chart says.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us