Thread: Jets must be after only one guy...

Jets Insider VIP

Jets must be after only one guy...

Michael Crabtree. He is the one player, just like Revis was a few years ago, who we all really wanted, but never believed possible.

Very good chance Crabtree falls to 8, perfect range for the Jets. I do not believe they are going after Sanchez. It's got to be Crabtree.

This is just a hunch, but so's everything this time of year...

Would you be thrilled if this is the case?

[QUOTE=One Eye;3098772]Michael Crabtree. He is the one player, just like Revis was a few years ago, who we all really wanted, but never believed possible.

Very good chance Crabtree falls to 8, perfect range for the Jets. I do not believe they are going after Sanchez. It's got to be Crabtree.

Would you be thrilled if this is the case?[/QUOTE]

no id rather get boldin for a 2

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=woodside;3098777]no id rather get boldin for a 2[/QUOTE]

Which wont happen.

They will demand more than a 2, and other teams have better bargaining chips.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=woodside;3098777]no id rather get boldin for a 2[/QUOTE]

Reports say Boldin most likely won't be traded I thought.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [QUOTE=One Eye;3098772]Michael Crabtree. He is the one player, just like Revis was a few years ago, who we all really wanted, but never believed possible.

I wouldn't be thrilled but I wouldn't be upset either.

There is a possibilty this could come to fruition.

This is the one player you haven't heard associated with the Jets, which is why I am more inclined to believe it could happen.

Crabtree would definitely fill a need.

I want Sanchez in a Jet uniform bad but getting Crabtree would be fantastic. He's just the type of WR threat we need to keep opposing coordinators from stacking the box against TJ and Leon.

Jets Insider VIP
    I had a dream that the Jets would trade up and take Crabtree: [url]http://jetsinsider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3084576&postcount=10[/url]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3098796]I wouldn't be thrilled but I wouldn't be upset either.

There is a possibilty this could come to fruition.

[B]This is the one player you haven't heard associated with the Jets, which is why I am more inclined to believe it could happen.[/B]

Crabtree would definitely fill a need.[/QUOTE]

Everybody thinks this way, but sometimes what you see is what you get. Its possible that there is some major subterfuge going on and the Jets will pull a rabbit out of a hat. Or, one of the guys that have been talked about will get chosen by the Jets.

I tend to think its the latter scenario.

I would much rather have a proven Boldin for a 2nd than an unproven Crabtree for a top 10 pick. I still don't think Crabtree will fall past 5 but we will see.

[QUOTE=hatnlvr;3098886]I would much rather have a proven Boldin for a 2nd than an unproven Crabtree for a top 10 pick. I still don't think Crabtree will fall past 5 but we will see.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to have Boldin but we have to weigh the pros and the cons, the cons being pretty substantial. Boldin will be 29 to start the season, has never played a full season (injured hamstring in 2008), and will get around $10 million per year to play wherever he goes. Crabtree is an elite WR talent, is much younger, and has the potential to be even better than Boldin in the NFL. If he slips to pick 8, and were there, and we don't take him, it will be a huge mistake.

Banned
    I really want Crabtree, that would be sick.

All League
    I agree. If Crabtree is there for the taking at 8 we [B]have[/B] to take him.

Fills an immediate hole and would make for a very nice passing attack for a run-first team.

WR1 Crabtree
    WR2 Cotchery
    WR3 Clowney

TE Keller

WR4 Stuckey
    WR5 Henry

Not sure about Smith, maybe certain packages.
    WR6 Smith (if needed)

**it...sorry one eye and such. Didn't see this thread. My bad for basically duplicating it. Crabtree is the pick!:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=HessStation;3098967]**it...sorry one eye and such. Didn't see this thread. My bad for basically duplicating it. Crabtree is the pick!:yes:[/QUOTE]

All good. Great minds think alike ;)

I would rather stay where we are and draft best WR available.

but i do like trading up for crabtree much better than trading up for dirty sanchez

[QUOTE=tavarua6285;3098952]I really want Crabtree, that would be sick.[/QUOTE]

+1

Getting Crabtree would be amazing.

All this trading up talk has me very excited for tomorrow.

Jets are after alot of guys. Trading down is whats happening in this draft.

All Pro
    "One Eye" gets my vote for best screen name / avatar combo.

WW #85!!!!!!!! :cool: