Thread: Why it could be Harvin...

Practice Squad

Why it could be Harvin...

Percy Harvin was on several boards as our pick early on. He has dropped because of failing the drug test. Harvin is only 5'11" but has been compared to Reggie Bush. He's a fast runner clocking a 4.2-4.3 40. Injury and character concerns aside, don't be surprised if the Jets take him at 17 though trading down to obtain him would be ideal. This is if Maclin or Crabtree are out of reach. Harvin won't be the most popular pick but check out his playmaking ability:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34--XTjboDI[/url]

You'll notice in Harvin's highlights, that Florida loves to use him on sideline passes. One of Schotty's favorite plays that failed all season. I'm assuming it remains a staple in our playbook because it's a low risk play for our QBs who won't be expected to do too much.
    Last edited by rayzor; 04-25-2009 at 12:05 AM.

Veteran
    No ****ing way i want this guy.

All Pro
    Pure smut. I have a better chance of winning the lotter tomorrown than this man going @ 17 tomorrow.

Hall Of Fame
    see my sig for advanced info on what will really happen

All Pro
    TB short on picks, i dunno man. Obviously we're on the same page with what we want to see, but i'm think we pick at either #17, 21, or 29 tomorrow. Pettigrew will make it past BUF believe it or not and i think we should be fine to take him there if need be

I can't wait to see Harvin in green and white..

Jets Insider VIP
    Maybe I'm just a nut, but I'm not nearly as opposed to Harvin as most on this board.

In fact, I'd prefer him over DHB if we stay at #17.

[QUOTE=Untouchable;3099225]Maybe I'm just a nut, but I'm not nearly as opposed to Harvin as most on this board.

In fact, I'd prefer him over DHB if we stay at #17.[/QUOTE]

If it's a choice of the 2 I'm with you.

count me in on Harvin 5'11 194 lbs. at pick 17 if there, or BRITT..:D Either one and we'll be GOLDEN!!!!

All League
    The Dolphins should draft this scrub, this way they can run a perfect punk arse wild cat. This guy sucks, please pass.....

[QUOTE=Paradis;3099212]Pure smut. [/QUOTE]

he smoked a joint:rolleyes:, huge numbers in college programs do. He's a great pick for us at 17..... GREAT pick.

PS... 1935 STamp Act, fixed by by tobacco, otherwise, weed would be legal now. Truth.:cool:

dude's baller, there's no questioning that. it's just the need factor - is he enough of a WR? because that's what we need. he's a great WR/RB type, but i feel like we got that covered with leon. i want us to have a prototypical WR that stretches the field. plus he's got some injury issues. although i'd say he's much safer than DHB.

[QUOTE=rayzor;3099201]Percy Harvin was on several boards as our pick early on. He has dropped because of failing the drug test. Harvin is only 5'11" but has been compared to Reggie Bush. He's a fast runner clocking a 4.2-4.3 40. Injury and character concerns aside, don't be surprised if the Jets take him at 17 though trading down to obtain him would be ideal. This is if Maclin or Crabtree are out of reach. Harvin won't be the most popular pick but check out his playmaking ability:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34--XTjboDI[/url]

You'll notice in Harvin's highlights, that Florida loves to use him on sideline passes. One of Schotty's favorite plays that failed all season. I'm assuming it remains a staple in our playbook because it's a low risk play for our QBs who won't be expected to do too much.[/QUOTE]

Harvin is alot faster than Reggie Bush but you are right. They have similar styles. That said we already have Leon Washington. Drafting a WR is a bigger priority and Havin isn't a WR. If w go RB, Id prefer Knowshown Moreno. :cool:

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jzelada121;3099254]The Dolphins should draft this scrub, this way they can run a perfect punk arse wild cat. This guy sucks, please pass.....[/QUOTE]

How does he suck? Because your from Miami and hate the Gators?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I've said it before and will say it again, Harvin will be the best playmaker out of this draft. He will be an absolute steal falling in the draft to the late teens or further.. Many teams will be kicking themselves for passing on him.

Harvin in the slot will be unstoppable. And he can run routes out of the backfield which makes him uncoverable for 3rd down LB's and will create unreal mismatches.

This is my guy if we stay at 17. Many Jets fans will put down the pick but just wait until you see this guy on the field. He's a game changer. Him and Leon on the field together will ignite this offense.

#17 = Harvin
    Last edited by LockeJET; 04-25-2009 at 07:44 AM.

There's no questioning the talent, the question is A) How good (or bad) is his health? and B) Just how bad are the character concerns?

If it was only about talent, he'd be a Top 10 pick easily.
    Last edited by Ven0m; 04-25-2009 at 10:32 AM.

[QUOTE=ThePenguin;3099206]No ****ing way i want this guy.[/QUOTE]

not for no dam 17th pick.... 3rd rd maybe