Thread: Biggest fan misconception

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Biggest fan misconception

I always hear my jets loving friends say things like Rex Ryan is going to turn the jets into winning franchise like the Ravens. I call bullsh!t, first we should not emulate the ravens. Why? Because the ravens are one of the most bi polar teams in the world, one year they go 13-3 then the next year they go 5-11. Why can't we try to emulate the pats or colts steelers, you know teams that win consenteintly. I love the ravens but my first love is the J-E-T-S. I was just tired of all this let's be like the ravens sh!t and I had to vent. Thank you

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why can't we emulate the Pats, Colts or Steelers?

I don't know maybe because we don't have 1 of the 3 best QB's in the league
    and they don't grow on trees. :)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ravenjetsboi;3099305]I always hear my jets loving friends say things like Rex Ryan is going to turn the jets into winning franchise like the Ravens. I call bullsh!t, first we should not emulate the ravens. Why? Because the ravens are one of the most bi polar teams in the world, one year they go 13-3 then the next year they go 5-11.[B] Why can't we try to emulate the[/B] [B]pats or colts steelers[/B], [B]you know teams that win consenteintly.[/B] I love the ravens but my first love is the J-E-T-S. I was just tired of all this let's be like the ravens sh!t and I had to vent. Thank you[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sure. Find us a Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or Ben Roethlisberger and we're all set.

There just went a minute and half of my life I'll never get back again ....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ravenjetsboi;3099305]

I always hear my jets loving friends say things like Rex Ryan is going to turn the jets into winning franchise like the Ravens.

I call bullsh!t.

[/QUOTE]

Outstanding post. :clapper:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JMJ;3099308]Yeah, sure. Find us a Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or Ben Roethlisberger and we're all set.

There just went a minute and half of my life I'll never get back again ....[/QUOTE]

Dude to me the ultimate org in the NFL is the steelers becos they have won with bad, ok, good QBs. And a QB doesn't guarantee a winning team a la Jay culter. Would u prefer a top 5 defense and go 6-10 or do u prefer a balanced team and go 10-6. Because I have a feeling Rex Ryan is going to turn us into a top 5 defense but we will still have losing records at the end of the year ( look at the ravens 05 and 07)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ravenjetsboi;3099305]I always hear my jets loving friends say things like Rex Ryan is going to turn the jets into winning franchise like the Ravens. I call bullsh!t, first we should not emulate the ravens. Why? Because the ravens are one of the most bi polar teams in the world, one year they go 13-3 then the next year they go 5-11. Why can't we try to emulate the pats or colts steelers, you know teams that win consenteintly. I love the ravens but my first love is the J-E-T-S. I was just tired of all this let's be like the ravens sh!t and I had to vent. Thank you[/QUOTE]

The Steelers are the team of the decade so its difficult to argue with your point. The Colts also have had an impressive run but its difficult to duplicate that success when they have arguably the best qb in the game for the last decade.

As for emulating the Pats*, the league has made it tougher to videotape other teams signals in the past not to mention that no wants their legacy to be remembered as being cheaters so I'm not sure why anyone would want to copy their approach

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JMJ;3099308]Yeah, sure. Find us a Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or Ben Roethlisberger and we're all set.

There just went a minute and half of my life I'll never get back again ....[/QUOTE]

Tired of people just rehashing my posts...
    if you don't have an original thought then give credit to poster before you.

Dumb indeed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ravenjetsboi;3099305]I always hear my jets loving friends say things like Rex Ryan is going to turn the jets into winning franchise like the Ravens. I call bullsh!t, first we should not emulate the ravens. Why? Because the ravens are one of the most bi polar teams in the world, one year they go 13-3 then the next year they go 5-11. [B]Why can't we try to emulate the pats or colts steelers,[/B] you know teams that win consenteintly. I love the ravens but my first love is the J-E-T-S. I was just tired of all this let's be like the ravens sh!t and I had to vent. Thank you[/QUOTE]

Uh didn't the Jets just try to emulate the Pats the past 3 years.

Unfortunately, Mangini got a conscience and couldn't bring himself to cheat like BB.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3099310]Outstanding post. :clapper:[/QUOTE]

Can you at least not be a ballsack on draft day???

Good grief. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3099338]Can you at least not be a ballsack on draft day???

Good grief. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

He's been running his "A" game lately. Credit where credit is due. For a while there, it looked like he lost his trolling skills.. he had gotten boring and quite lame. Good to see he has regained his form. Mucho entertainment from the jackass yet to come today, I'm sure.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ravenjetsboi;3099305]I love the ravens but my first love is the J-E-T-S. [/QUOTE]

Then you should change your name.

At least 49ersJetsFan has his life in order.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

GFY! Why don't you root for the Texans

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=woodside;3099319]The Steelers are the team of the decade [/QUOTE]

When the Steelers have the most Super Bowl titles, the most AFC Championships, the most Division titles and the most regular season wins in the current decade, then you can call them the best.

Until then, that honor goes to the Pats. :yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3099338]Can you at least not be a ballsack on draft day???

Good grief. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

WTF did you do with your username? :eek:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3099395]He's been running his "A" game lately. Credit where credit is due. For a while there, it looked like he lost his trolling skills.. he had gotten boring and quite lame. Good to see he has regained his form. [B]Mucho entertainment from the jackass yet to come today, I'm sure[/B].[/QUOTE]

Good call. ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3099441]Good call. ;)[/QUOTE]

Well I'm atleast glad to see that you accept that you are a jackass