Thread: 9 minute DHB highlight reel

9 minute DHB highlight reel

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyjaBWuo4zA[/url]

I know a lot of people were high on DHB before his stock recently slid. Now it seems people are extremely negative towards him for the most part due to scouts saying he has suspect hands and teams are just enamored with his speed.

Today is the moment of truth and we might see DHB picked for the Jets. In preperation of the fact that it may happen, i hoped some people could watch this video and see what he's really all about so hopefully the board doesn't go into rage mode if the Jets pick him.

If you don't want to watch the whole thing then start around the 6 minute mark. They save the best catches for the 2nd half of the video. This includes everything from 1 handed catches to great leaping catches. There is also an amazing catch where he knocks an overthrown ball back to himself with 1 hand, bobbles it while he's going down but then pulls it in at the end.

While DHB isn't my favorite prospect and he isn't the guy i want to see the Jets take, i'll support the pick if they take him.

Was Youtube around when DRob came out?

Hall Of Fame
    I don't consider Gholston to be a workout warrior because the guy was phenomenal at Ohio St. and then just proceeded to blow the doors off the combine. But a guy like DRob who had a good but not great college career at Kentucky and then rose as fast as my c0ck would watching Megan Fox and Jessica Alba go at it in baby oil is not the type of player I want.

That is how I view DHB. The guy had a rather pedestrian career when it comes to 1st round WRs and is now entrenched in the 1st round due to his combine.

I'd rather take a guy like Kenny Britt who was consistently good (borderline dominant) in college over a guy like DHB who shot up after running his 40 yard dash.

I think I can safely say DHB is the only player we could select that would actually make me angry. Pettigrew I would question, but DHB would piss me off.

[QUOTE=JMJ;3099336]I don't consider Gholston to be a workout warrior because the guy was phenomenal at Ohio St. and then just proceeded to blow the doors off the combine. But a guy like DRob who had a good but not great college career at Kentucky and then rose as fast as my c0ck would watching Megan Fox and Jessica Alba go at it in baby oil is not the type of player I want.

That is how I view DHB. The guy had a rather pedestrian career when it comes to 1st round WRs and is now entrenched in the 1st round due to his combine.

I'd rather take a guy like Kenny Britt who was consistently good (borderline dominant) in college over a guy like DHB who shot up after running his 40 yard dash.

[B]I think I can safely say DHB is the only player we could select that would actually make me angry[/B]. Pettigrew I would question, but DHB would piss me off.[/QUOTE]

+1!

[QUOTE=C Mart;3099331]Was Youtube around when DRob came out?[/QUOTE] :eek:
    lol

the one handed catch at the 6 minute mark was a bobble in my opnion and should have been a clean catch. Percy Harvin also looks alot more explosive on the sideline catches as well though DHB seems like a better kid.

[QUOTE=persiussa;3099325][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyjaBWuo4zA[/url]

I know a lot of people were high on DHB before his stock recently slid. Now it seems people are extremely negative towards him for the most part due to scouts saying he has suspect hands and teams are just enamored with his speed.

Today is the moment of truth and we might see DHB picked for the Jets. In preperation of the fact that it may happen, i hoped some people could watch this video and see what he's really all about so hopefully the board doesn't go into rage mode if the Jets pick him.

If you don't want to watch the whole thing then start around the 6 minute mark. They save the best catches for the 2nd half of the video. This includes everything from 1 handed catches to great leaping catches. There is also an amazing catch where he knocks an overthrown ball back to himself with 1 hand, bobbles it while he's going down but then pulls it in at the end.

While DHB isn't my favorite prospect and he isn't the guy i want to see the Jets take, i'll support the pick if they take him.[/QUOTE]

DHB's sick, but that song blows really bad... and what's most ironic is how they blast the music industry but they sound like every other ****ty band out there or worse.:O

Analysis

Positives: Exceptional straight-line speed. Opponents must account for his deep speed on every play. Too fast off the snap for most defenders to challenge him in press coverage. Long, lean athlete with long arms and strong hands. Has the agility to make plays in space. Reads the field and can follow his blocks to generate yards after the catch. Can snatch the ball out of the air. Learning to better use his height as an advantage. Good leaping ability and has become more consistent in timing his leaps.

Negatives: [B]Bit of a one trick pony at this time. Might be the draft's most dangerous vertical threat, but offers little else. Long-legged and struggles to generate consistent separation out of his cuts. Not as consistently effective on jump balls as he should be, considering his natural size advantage. Too often double-clutches the ball. Questionable toughness running across the middle. Lacks strength and consistent effort as a downfield blocker.
    [/B]
    Copyright NFLDraftScout.com, distributed by The Sports Xchange.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profiles/darrius-heyward-bey?id=80427#profiles-tabs:players-analysis[/url]

Seriously, why do people want to take this guy? Just because he ran faster than anyone at the draft?

What good is all this speed if you can't catch, won't or can't handle going over the middle.

Lam Jones, Troy Williamson, Ashley Lelie, haven't people learned....

Wouldn't mind getting him.