Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: If you want the Jets to trade down, spread these rumors now!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want the Jets to trade down, spread these rumors now!

Unless someone slips to 17, I think most would agree it would be beneficial if the Jets could trade down and grab another 2nd round pick. In need of a trade partner, we should be telling everyone we are "hot n' heavy" for:

[U]Josh Freeman (target Tampa Bay):[/U] I think the Jets have put some good spin initially, now lets hope once Sanchez is off the board that everyone says the Jets will go after Freeman to entice Tampa to trade up a couple of spots to snag Freeman.

[U]Knowshon Moreno (target Eagles):[/U] Many suspect the Eagles will look for Westbrooks replacement in Knowshon if available. Jets should be playing the hometown hero card and saying they want to draft Knowshon to entice the Eagles.

[U]Every WR available (target Giants):[/U] It has been rumored that the Giants are looking to jump ahead of the Jets to get the WR they want. Why jump ahead, when you can switch spots with us for a second round pick.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    wat

Why would any internet rumor influence the draft in any way?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would you trade the 17th to the giants for the 29th and 45th selections? and maybe a later rounder to sweeten the pot.. I have a felling the giants really like britt or nicks and are willing to trade up to lock them up instead of hoping no one takes them? I think i would if the opportunity presented itself

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=leJETimate;3099598]Would you trade the 17th to the giants for the 29th and 45th selections? and maybe a later rounder to sweeten the pot.. I have a felling the giants really like britt or nicks and are willing to trade up to lock them up instead of hoping no one takes them? I think i would if the opportunity presented itself[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, grab Pettigrew or WR at 29 and grab Jarron Gilbert at 45 and Brian Robiskie at 52!