Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiper and Young agree: Sanchez no bust

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Kiper and Young agree: Sanchez no bust

Out of Stafford, Sanchez and Freeman, Mel Kiper and Steve Young both agreed that Sanchez is the only one who won't be a bust.

Makes me feel better.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3101778]Out of Stafford, Sanchez and Freeman, Mel Kiper and Steve Young both agreed that Sanchez is the only one who won't be a bust.

Makes me feel better.[/QUOTE]

Doesnt matterif he is Joe Montana. We gave up SOOOOOO much. We are doomed. :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't heard one educated football person say they disliked this move. Every analyst thinks it was terrific. I realize they aren't always right, but if everyone of them says something is good, I'm gonna go ahead and say it's got a good shot at being good.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LesterLyles;3101800]Doesnt matterif he is Joe Montana. We gave up SOOOOOO much. We are doomed. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I know. That 2nd was all that was standing in the way from a Super Bowl victory.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3101819]I know. That 2nd was all that was standing in the way from a Super Bowl victory.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, bro. It was a good day.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish the Phil Simms interview with Francessa interview was online..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    We needed Pettigrew dammit!!

GAWWWLLLL!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think they agreed that he was least likely to be a bust out of the 3. Nevertheless, good feedback.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like when Mel Kiper berated the COlts for taking Marcus Faulk over TRENT DILFER...or all of his other complete DISASTER OPINIONS on talent. If you are going by Kiper, McShay, or even Fat Boy Jaworski to validate picks, well.....YOU ARE STUPID.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3101812]I haven't heard one educated football person say they disliked this move. Every analyst thinks it was terrific. I realize they aren't always right, but if everyone of them says something is good, I'm gonna go ahead and say it's got a good shot at being good.[/QUOTE]

how does Todd McShay view Sanchez? McShay firmly predicted Gholston would bust, 1 year ago.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3101778]Out of Stafford, Sanchez and Freeman, Mel Kiper and Steve Young both agreed that Sanchez is the only one who won't be a bust.

I must have cotton in my ears, I saw that and thought he said Sanchez was the most likely of the trhee to bust.

/goes and grabs his Q-tips.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanchez will not be a bust.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=vin777b;3101845]how does Todd McShay view Sanchez? McShay firmly predicted Gholston would bust, 1 year ago.[/QUOTE]

McShay for weeks was saying "Jets must trade up for Sanchez"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3101840]I like when Mel Kiper berated the COlts for taking Marcus Faulk over TRENT DILFER...or all of his other complete DISASTER OPINIONS on talent. If you are going by Kiper, McShay, or even Fat Boy Jaworski to validate picks, well.....YOU ARE STUPID.[/QUOTE]

Sad...but very true !

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It seems the only real knock on him is his lack of experience. Now that can turn out to be a big knock, but you have to love the upside. From a football standpoint he seems to have all the tools to develop into a franchise QB. I don't see how you can't be excited about the potential here.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    They definately said that Sanchez is the one that would NOT be a bust, you heard wrong Warfish.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder what Kiper said about Leinert when he came out?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Mayock said the same thing to Francesa this week.

Phil Simms also like Sanchez, alot!!!! Said he has the arm for any environment, including the Northeast

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Jet_Engine1;3101840]I like when Mel Kiper berated the COlts for taking Marcus Faulk over TRENT DILFER...or all of his other complete DISASTER OPINIONS on talent. If you are going by Kiper, McShay, or even Fat Boy Jaworski to validate picks, well.....YOU ARE STUPID.[/quote]

Right draft, wrong pick...Kiper criticized the Colts for taking LB Trev Alberts instead of Dilfer (Colts had the 2nd and 5th picks in that draft; Faulk was 2nd, Alberts was 5th). I remember the Colts' GM at the time ripping Kiper a new one a short time later that day. Made for some hilarious tv. :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mayock: Sanchez was #1 QB on board.