Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kiper and Young agree: Sanchez no bust

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3101812]I haven't heard one educated football person say they disliked this move. Every analyst thinks it was terrific. I realize they aren't always right, but if everyone of them says something is good, I'm gonna go ahead and say it's got a good shot at being good.[/QUOTE]

+1. Some people will find doom and gloom in almost anything.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Darth Vader;3101999]Mayock: Sanchez was #1 QB on board.[/QUOTE]

I do tend to listen to Mayock.....he knows his stuff.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Darth Vader;3101999]Mayock: Sanchez was #1 QB on board.[/QUOTE]
    That alone is comforting. I haven't been able to hear much of Mayock with no NFLN up here at school.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one knows and won't until he plays. He's a college QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://www.nfl.com/videos?categoryId=teams[/url]

see videos->teams->JETS->2009 Draft: Jets No. 5 Pick (its over 4 minutes long)

around 1:45 Eisen is speaking to Mayock and addresses Sanchez as "you're #1 QB". Mayock says "we don't know what they've given up to get here(the details were not publicized until a few seconds later)...but I'm pretty much willing to bet whatever it is its worth it..."

I'm very confident about this QB, and as optimistic as possible on what we gave up. It's a steal if he turns out to be as good as I - and Mayock - thinks he can be.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Once A Titan;3102072]No one knows and won't until he plays. He's a college QB.[/QUOTE]

I agree.....anyone remember us trading up to get the great Dwayne Robertson?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3101848]I must have cotton in my ears, I saw that and thought he said Sanchez was the most likely of the trhee to bust.

/goes and grabs his Q-tips.[/QUOTE]

Quite the opposite my ocular avatared amigo.

Good news for NYJ fans.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LesterLyles;3101800]Doesnt matterif he is Joe Montana. We gave up SOOOOOO much. We are doomed. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

What the hell did we give up? for the life of me... How is giving up a 2nd rounder and a couple of backups, and part time players a lot.. What planet are these people living on? a 2nd rounder is too much? are u effin kidding?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What did these ****ing draft experts think of Matt Leinart when he came out?

That guy is a ****ing bust and is better than sanchez on any given Sunday

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfan_Johnny;3102120]What did these ****ing draft experts think of Matt Leinart when he came out?

That guy is a ****ing bust and is better than sanchez on any given Sunday[/QUOTE]

Typical Jetfan... He's a bust cause Leinart hasn't done anything yet? what about Cassel? is he bad... is Palmer bad? Look at the big picture and stop this horrendous attitude...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Matt Leinart's draft status dropped because of his hollywood fratboy attitude and lifestyle.

Mark Sanchez's draft status rose because of his love for football, great attitude and work ethic.

In the end, we got our USC QB, and may have gotten the right one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3101840]I like when Mel Kiper berated the COlts for taking Marcus Faulk over TRENT DILFER...or all of his other complete DISASTER OPINIONS on talent. If you are going by Kiper, McShay, or even Fat Boy Jaworski to validate picks, well.....[B]YOU ARE STUPID[/B].[/QUOTE]

I agree anyone knows one should listen to drunk posters who work on the Loading dock for real validation..:P The bottom line is the answer will come with what he does in a real game and not before..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=californiajetspsycho;3102128]Typical Jetfan... He's a bust cause Leinart hasn't done anything yet? what about Cassel? is he bad... is Palmer bad? Look at the big picture and stop this horrendous attitude...[/QUOTE]

So i am missing the big picture? His arm is questionable, he comes from a program who has produced QB's recently who do not translate to the next level. If he stayed in school he would be a mid-late first rounder next year.

what am i missing?

and my point is people are using the draft experts to validate the pick so i was just pointing out they are wrong quite a bit , especially about qb's

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfan_Johnny;3102120]What did these ****ing draft experts think of Matt Leinart when he came out?

That guy is a ****ing bust and is better than sanchez on any given Sunday[/QUOTE]

They were unsure of his commitment and his play tailed off as a senior.

They were not blown away by his arm either.

They were smart to realize that Leinart had an all-time greatest NCAA team surrounding him, making him look better than he was. (Sanchez, despite coming from USC, had nothing comparable to the offense Leinart commanded).

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Stan Blinka;3102109]I agree.....anyone remember us trading up to get the great Dwayne Robertson?[/QUOTE]

There were plenty of scouts that were calling Robertson over hyped and not worth it where the Jets picked him. In this case, I haven't heard one negative thing about the guy so far, other than he doesn't have a cannon of an arm.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope the kid does well!

We all want the same thing and that is success. I certainly will be rooting for him

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Our new QB and fan reaction!

[url]http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80ffaa40[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3101778]Out of Stafford, Sanchez and Freeman, Mel Kiper and Steve Young both agreed that Sanchez is the only one who won't be a bust.

Makes me feel better.[/QUOTE]

but the experts in the balcony that ESPN focused on did not agree with this assessment by steve young, phil simms, mike mayock, michael lombardi, trent dilfer etc.

no doubt, their reaction was based on countless hours of film study and extensive experience evaluating qbs :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Darth Vader;3102104][url]http://www.nfl.com/videos?categoryId=teams[/url]

see videos->teams->JETS->2009 Draft: Jets No. 5 Pick (its over 4 minutes long)

around 1:45 Eisen is speaking to Mayock and addresses Sanchez as "you're #1 QB". Mayock says "we don't know what they've given up to get here(the details were not publicized until a few seconds later)...but I'm pretty much willing to bet whatever it is its worth it..."

[B]I'm very confident about this QB, and as optimistic as possible on what we gave up. It's a steal if he turns out to be as good as I - and Mayock - thinks he can be.[/B][/QUOTE]

+1 DV

When I saw a short interview with Ryan, he said that when the Jets put Sanchez thru that private workout, they made him make every conceivable kind of throw, to test his arm strength; and all the Jets hierarchy were convinced that he can play in Northest football weather. That's all I needed to be convinced of, because I liked everything else about Sanchez' game. IMO...he's going to be special.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;3102204]but the experts in the balcony that ESPN focused on did not agree with this assessment by steve young, phil simms, mike mayock, michael lombardi, trent dilfer etc.

no doubt, their reaction was based on countless hours of film study and extensive experience evaluating qbs :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

In the end, this will be a good pick.