Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kiper and Young agree: Sanchez no bust

[quote=BIGKIDD325;3101812]I haven't heard one educated football person say they disliked this move. Every analyst thinks it was terrific. I realize they aren't always right, but if everyone of them says something is good, I'm gonna go ahead and say it's got a good shot at being good.[/quote]

Yea, you come to this forum and you would think we just traded for Doug Jolley again. Sometimes it can get pretty sad, looking at the football intelligence of the average Jet fan.

[QUOTE=GreenReaper;3102214]+1 DV

When I saw a short interview with Ryan, he said that when the Jets put Sanchez thru that private workout, they made him make every conceivable kind of throw, to test his arm strength; and all the Jets hierarchy were convinced that he can play in Northest football weather. That's all I needed to be convinced of, because I liked everything else about Sanchez' game. IMO...he's going to be special.[/QUOTE]

and if he sucks -- he'll look pretty doin that too...

Can somebody confirm the cap savings figure of this trade???
    I keep hearing $6 million on Elam, Coleman, and Ratliff...but that seems very high to me.

[QUOTE=LesterLyles;3101800]Doesnt matterif he is Joe Montana. We gave up SOOOOOO much. We are doomed. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

your joking right??

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=vin777b;3101845]how does Todd McShay view Sanchez? McShay firmly predicted Gholston would bust, 1 year ago.[/QUOTE]

ummmm Gholston didnt bust, his career just started.....Come back after 2012 to make a fair judgement.

[QUOTE=MadCroatian;3102241]Yea, you come to this forum and you would think we just traded for Doug Jolley again. Sometimes it can get pretty sad, looking at the football intelligence of the average Jet fan.[/QUOTE]

+1

[QUOTE=John_0515;3101778]Out of Stafford, Sanchez and Freeman, Mel Kiper and Steve Young both agreed that Sanchez is the only one who won't be a bust.

Makes me feel better.[/QUOTE]

I respect Young's opinion on QB's I am happy that he likes Sanchez.

[QUOTE=24;3102408]ummmm Gholston didnt bust, his career just started.....Come back after 2012 to make a fair judgement.[/QUOTE]

until Gholston proves otherwise, he is a bust

[QUOTE=JV51;3101826]I wish the Phil Simms interview with Francessa interview was online..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Simms loves Sanchez, thinks he's a can't miss QB and I respect his opinion.

[QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3101812]I haven't heard one educated football person say they disliked this move. Every analyst thinks it was terrific. I realize they aren't always right, but if everyone of them says something is good, I'm gonna go ahead and say it's got a good shot at being good.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%

All League
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3101849]Sanchez will not be a bust.[/QUOTE]

:eek:

Sarcasm?

Wow and I was fully expecting you to rain on this parade...;)

All League
    [QUOTE=LesterLyles;3101800]Doesnt matterif he is Joe Montana. We gave up SOOOOOO much. We are doomed. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I am soooooo happy with the Sanchez deal. Finally a franchise QB..

[QUOTE=jims jetts;3102201][url]http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80ffaa40[/url][/QUOTE]

Everytime i watch this video i get emotional. Loves me some JETS!

[QUOTE=Baddniss;3102384]Can somebody confirm the cap savings figure of this trade???
    I keep hearing $6 million on Elam, Coleman, and Ratliff...but that seems very high to me.[/QUOTE]

Cap savings is pretty much nothing....for this Offseason.

Elam's contract was guaranteed (Thanks to the Browns trying to pry him away as a RFA), We have something like 4 million in dead money by moving Coleman, and Ratliff was a near-minimum guy.

We'll feel the cap benefit next Offseason when these guys are gone from our salary cap picture.

I see about 12 million in Cap Space right now, and considering Rookie Contracts are almost always backloaded, that should be plenty to take care of our own.

Let's pray

Aside from all the so called experts you have to trust your team and their experts. None of us knows how th0sa is going to turn out. Just like when the Jints took Eli, if you a conviction then you have to go for it. If this guy turns out to be a very good QB then it was a steal. Let's hope this wasn't totally driven by PSLs. Let's hope the Jets were not blinded by PSLs. And we have some smart people so I feel confident.

Jets Insider VIP

3 back ups and a 2nd?????? SOOOOOO much.

How so?

No matter what happens we did not give up that much to get him. If he turns out great then we look fantastic and more importantly win more games. If he busts then all we lost was a 2nd. No big deal. Let's wait and see what happens on the field. I have heard Young and Mayock both describe MS had Pennyboy with an arm. We all have been wishing for that for 8 years now. I for one am excited about the possibility of having a good to great Qb. I am a 41 year fan and I am tired of the almost's we have had.

[QUOTE=TKasper01;3102727]No matter what happens we did not give up that much to get him. If he turns out great then we look fantastic and more importantly win more games. If he busts then all we lost was a 2nd. No big deal. Let's wait and see what happens on the field. I have heard Young and Mayock both describe MS had Pennyboy with an arm. We all have been wishing for that for 8 years now. I for one am excited about the possibility of having a good to great Qb. I am a 41 year fan and I am tired of the almost's we have had.[/QUOTE]

His mobility and ability to throw on the run alone will drive offensive coordinators batty (hopefully).

GO SANCHEZ

All League
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3102707]3 back ups and a 2nd?????? SOOOOOO much.

How so?[/QUOTE]

The :rolleyes: indicates sarcasm.

[QUOTE=Jetfan_Johnny;3102158]So i am missing the big picture? His arm is questionable, he comes from a program who has produced QB's recently who do not translate to the next level. If he stayed in school he would be a mid-late first rounder next year.

what am i missing?

and my point is people are using the draft experts to validate the pick so i was just pointing out they are wrong quite a bit , especially about qb's[/QUOTE]
    Sanchez's arm is not suspect. Steve Sarkisian is on record stating that, of all the USC QB's he has mentored, Carson Palmer and Sanchez throw the best deep balls. Get your facts straight before you go running around screaming "the sky
    Is falling" Chicken Little.