Thread: Draft Winners?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Draft Winners?

i know its early and outside of the JETS with sanchez ;)

what team do you think is having a good draft currently?

imo so far
    eagles - Jeremy Maclin / LeSean McCoy
    packers - B. J. Raji / Clay Matthews
    'fins - Vontae Davis / Pat White / sean smith? (im sure about this smith guy)

steals of the draft so far
    orakpo to skins
    wells to cards

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I love what Detroit did.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Eagles getting McCoy really pissed me off. He's the Westbrook replacement...he shoulda/woulda/coulda been Jones' replacement...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;3101979]I love what Detroit did.[/QUOTE]

Detroit has made a totally fatal mistake though. No o-lineman. No matter how nice the Pettigrew and Delmas picks look they are going down the houston/David Carr route.

Take the franchise QB and then hope you can get by with later round guys on the o-line. Stafford will get killed and the Lions will have no one but themsleves to blame.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chica me Tipo;3101983]The Eagles getting McCoy really pissed me off. He's the Westbrook replacement...he shoulda/woulda/coulda been Jones' replacement...[/QUOTE]

I agree that McCoy is gonna be good, maybe very good. If Sanchez doesn't pan out then all of us Jet fans should hope that Maclin and McCoy don't become stars, cause Jets could have had them both w/out the trade..

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3101989]Detroit has made a totally fatal mistake though. No o-lineman. No matter how nice the Pettigrew and Delmas picks look they are going down the houston/David Carr route.

Take the franchise QB and then hope you can get by with later round guys on the o-line. Stafford will get killed and the Lions will have no one but themsleves to blame.[/QUOTE]

Good point! But their O line is not half as bad as Houston's was when they took Carr. Plus they have plenty of pics to make.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats definitely.

Also, Bengals..got a stud LT in Andre Smith and a beast in Mualuga.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chica me Tipo;3101983]The Eagles getting McCoy really pissed me off. He's the Westbrook replacement...he shoulda/woulda/coulda been Jones' replacement...[/QUOTE]

RB are dime a dozen but would have been nice getting mcCoy.

im extremely excited about the NFCE - i just like good football and im glad eagles finally are lining up some talent around mcnabb

[QUOTE=LockeJET;3101996]Good point! But their O line is not half as bad as Houston's was when they took Carr. Plus they have plenty of pics to make.[/QUOTE]

pettigrew is a classic blocking te which will help out with the line
    its a solid draft but they have so many needs, i have no idea if the TE would have been the position i would have taken at that spot

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3101989]Detroit has made a totally fatal mistake though. No o-lineman. No matter how nice the Pettigrew and Delmas picks look they are going down the houston/David Carr route.

Take the franchise QB and then hope you can get by with later round guys on the o-line. Stafford will get killed and the Lions will have no one but themsleves to blame.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. The Lions should have built from the inside out, and they really needed to get a LT as well as a DE or ILB. Pettigrew was a luxury pick for a team like the Lions and not wise at all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of good drafting today, especially from the traditionally strong franchises. Baltimore did very well, the Pats did very well, the Giants did very well, the Eagles did very well.

I liked Denver's picks but not the ammunition they had to burn to acquire them. I liked the Rams' first two picks a lot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;3101996]Good point! But their O line is not half as bad as Houston's was when they took Carr. Plus they have plenty of pics to make.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I hated all three of their picks. Stafford will sit on the bench, Culpepper will be chased all day, and the defensive front will be pushed around. A team with the absolute worst defense in the league needed to give a bit more attention to improvement than picking up a safety with a #33 pick... or at least an OT.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh, the lions are thinking long term. they're gonna be picking in the top 10 next year and can land starting Left Tackle then. They're picking impact players so in 2 years they can start to make some noise.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we had the best Day 1 of the draft (biased of course). Taking Denver's 1st round pick for next year to move up 1 spot in the 2nd round was awesome!:D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats draft sucked...

Chung sucks, Brace is comically bad. (He's big but has ZERO strength at the point) and Vollmer is going so far off the board that he would have been there in the 6th.

The one good pick was Butler, the Uconn corner.

Best draft was Detroit. Stafford, Pettigrew, and Delmas could all end up being pro bowlers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forgot to add Arizona to the list. I love Wells in that spot, and the kid out of UConn has a really nice burst.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chica me Tipo;3101983]McCoy...he shoulda/woulda/coulda been Jones' replacement...[/QUOTE]

McCoy ain't a 20+ carry back for 16 games and playoffs at the NFL Level.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 49ers picked up Crabtree at 10. That was very lucky. I still can't believe Oakland passed for Heyward-Bey...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    patriots are definitely having a solid draft again :mad:

giants are also having a GREAT draft as well
    with gmen taking two WR and browns drafting two WR
    what does this mean for braylon?